Poll: Do you agree with taking STEROIDS as an enhanced drug to bulk up?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yeah! I want to obtain freakishly massive muscles (while working out) over time!
20.00%
1 20.00%
Absolutely not! I’d rather lift weights, the natural old school way.
20.00%
1 20.00%
I’d only use them to give me an extra power-up when doing my workouts; not for long!
0%
0 0%
I think taking STEROIDS is very risky on your body in the long run, so because of that reason… no.
20.00%
1 20.00%
I don’t even workout, so I couldn’t tell you.
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

STEROIDS - JUICED UP!
If you're reading this thread, then I'm sure you've had some sort of physical workout in your life, before. Even if you're currently working out, you know all the difficult, strenuous work you're putting through your body to get physically fit. Let's face it, it feels great! You could live longer, and if you keep up the healthy eating (including taking your vitamins everyday), you could feel even better, right?

Well, that's not what I'm here to talk to you about. You see, everyone has a way of finessing things, trying to take shortcuts because they truly believe it'll help them in the long run. Guys may get envious of other guys because they're freakishly big like Arnold Schwarzenegger used to be, Brock Lesnar, Phil Heath, or even Larry Wheels. Now, obviously all these guys did STEROIDS to help them gain this much muscle mass over time.

But the real question is, do you agree with taking STEROIDS to gain freakishly, massive muscles... or do you think that people should lift weights the old school way, naturally?

Wanna know the CONSEQUENCES of taking STEROIDS?! Jump down to the video below! Whether you're a STEROID abuser or not, it shouldn't effect how you really feel about taking STEROIDS to build massive muscles.

[Image: UBWmpMQ.jpg]
[Image: DT8j1ja.jpg]
I have no issues with steroids if someone is smart about them (as is not taking them as an early intermediate because you can no longer linearly progress) and honest about them (i.e. not “fake nattys”). I kind of have a “don’t care” attitude about them because virtually every professional and top-level amateur athlete is on some sort of “performance-enhancer,” even if they are “clean.”

Also, I am into Strongman, so… yeah.

EDIT: To answer the OP, no, I would not take steroids because my life goal is not to chase PR’s.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(13th September 2022, 7:36 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: I have no issues with steroids if someone is smart about them (as is not taking them as an early intermediate because you can no longer linearly progress) and honest about them (i.e. not “fake nattys”). I kind of have a “don’t care” attitude about them because virtually every professional and top-level amateur athlete is on some sort of “performance-enhancer,” even if they are “clean.”

Also, I am into Strongman, so… yeah.

EDIT: To answer the OP, no, I would not take steroids because my life goal is not to chase PR’s.

Yeah steroids just has a lot of nasty side effects in them that can potentially destroy your immune system, if you either abuse them in the wrong way, or you've been taking them for a long period of time and you suddenly stop. A lot of people have this false narrative that they're going to bulk up, immediately just by taking steroids, alone.

Good for you for not taking them. Personally, I'd rather lift weights, naturally up to 240-245lbs, than to take steroids. Some people have an obsession with being freakishly massive.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
I've had to have them for medical reasons before lmao, like prescribed as tablets
They warn you to take them at the same time every day consistently tho and say u can go into shock if u dont

In terms of working out I mean idk tbh
if it's for a competition then deffo not (and they're prob banned in those)
but otherwise? I mean depends on legality, if it's illegal then nah but if it's legal then eh idc tbh
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(14th September 2022, 10:36 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I've had to have them for medical reasons before lmao, like prescribed as tablets
They warn you to take them at the same time every day consistently tho and say u can go into shock if u dont

In terms of working out I mean idk tbh
if it's for a competition then deffo not (and they're prob banned in those)
but otherwise? I mean depends on legality, if it's illegal then nah but if it's legal then eh idc tbh

Some places, you could probably do a little finesse and take steroids to give you a boost. You just gotta be careful where you take them because as you said, some places might have them "banned". Since you have to take them for medicals reasons, I probably wouldn't screw around and take the ones that give you massive muscles; it might clash with your system, who knows.
(18th September 2022, 1:49 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: I take steroids every week and they're not making me buff, what a ripoff!!!

...then again, they're prescribed for my skin condition.

Anyway, on topic. I remember Lance Armstrong getting so much shit for taking steroids, and it ruined his career. But like the top 30 bicyclists all tested positive, and he raised millions for cancer research. So I don't know how people can hate on him. His steroid usage caused him to be better than the rest, who were also using steroids. WHILE he was going through cancer. So he's still an impressive athlete.

Lmfao! - "They're not making me buff." I was gonna say, there's a huge difference between the ones that are medically prescribed for you, versus the ones that enhance your performance. Also too, the reason Armstrong got so much backlash about taking steroids is because he tried to hide what he was doing, by making false claims. If he had just owned up to it (like I'm sure the others have done), then they would have given him a break.

What would really be impressive is if he managed to finesse the system and test negative for steroids.
(18th September 2022, 1:49 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Anyway, on topic. I remember Lance Armstrong getting so much shit for taking steroids, and it ruined his career. But like the top 30 bicyclists all tested positive, and he raised millions for cancer research. So I don't know how people can hate on him. His steroid usage caused him to be better than the rest, who were also using steroids. WHILE he was going through cancer. So he's still an impressive athlete.
Armstrong ran an entire doping ring, threw every other cyclist under the bus, and defrauded the U.S. government (to name a few). All this while he was claiming he was clean (i.e, "fake natty"). He also won his Tour De France titles after being cancer free, so saying he was "better than the rest... while he was going through cancer," is incorrect (not hating on him for getting cancer, though... that sucks).

Lance Armstrong is a POS and deserves to be hated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different, Mia
(17th September 2022, 4:39 PM)Different Wrote: I probably wouldn't screw around and take the ones that give you massive muscles; it might clash with your system, who knows.

I don't ever want to have something such as that, I don't even drink alcohol nor do I smoke
(also to note I don't have them anymore for medical reasons, it is basically a very short term thing of medicine)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
@Uptight 534 Thought you might be interested in hearing this.

• Uptight 534
@Uptight 534 I would really like to hear your take on this. This pretty much sums up your point about Lance Armstrong from last year, and they also mentioned Lebron James doing PED. Skip to 57:13.

• Uptight 534
(27th February 2024, 5:06 PM)Different Wrote: @Uptight 534 I would really like to hear your take on this. This pretty much sums up your point about Lance Armstrong from last year, and they also mentioned Lebron James doing PED. Skip to 57:13.

Kind of what the guy around 1:02:00 said, almost every professional athlete is using something to enhance their performance (it does not have to be getting "bulky" either). You need something to recover and maintain that performance level for that many games per season. Lebron James is definitely juicing, the same as Mike Trout, Connor McDavid, Cristiano Ronaldo, Serena Williams, Patrick Mahomes, Max Verstappen, Lasha Talakhadze, etc. 

Steroids are also not some magic beans that automatically make you better. Professional athletes are still genetic monsters that put in work and be the top quarter percent of their disciplines (I have seen plenty of people online take them and still just be relatively "meh"). I have no issue with them taking steroids, just be transparent (I get because of sponsorship/contract reasons that cannot happen).

That is the reason why I think Barry Bonds and the rest of the "juicers" in the MLB should be in the Hall of Fame. Everyone during that era and still currently are juicing. Not to mention, the MLB allowed it to happen for ratings and then pulled an Uno-Reverse card.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(27th February 2024, 6:01 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: Kind of what the guy around 1:02:00 said, almost every professional athlete is using something to enhance their performance (it does not have to be getting "bulky" either). You need something to recover and maintain that performance level for that many games per season. Lebron James is definitely juicing, the same as Mike Trout, Connor McDavid, Cristiano Ronaldo, Serena Williams, Patrick Mahomes, Max Verstappen, Lasha Talakhadze, etc. 

Steroids are also not some magic beans that automatically make you better. Professional athletes are still genetic monsters that put in work and be the top quarter percent of their disciplines (I have seen plenty of people online take them and still just be relatively "meh"). I have no issue with them taking steroids, just be transparent (I get because of sponsorship/contract reasons that cannot happen).

That is the reason why I think Barry Bonds and the rest of the "juicers" in the MLB should be in the Hall of Fame. Everyone during that era and still currently are juicing. Not to mention, the MLB allowed it to happen for ratings and then pulled an Uno-Reverse card.

That's right. It's the quick recovery that keeps your levels consistent and active. On the other hand, I think we can also say the same thing about Alistair Overeem. Idk if you follow the UFC or not, but when he first debuted into the UFC back in 2011, he was jacked when he fought Brock Lesnar. He was definitely on steroids, HGH, or PED. I'm not even sure how they got past USADA. But with the UFC, I think they're more strict about it, now. Even Jon Jones admitted to it on Joe Rogan.
Aight, let's flip that script, dig deeper into the streets with Max's saga, keepin' it more hood, and switch up that "music" vibe.

The journey of my ace Max ain't just 'bout that grind or muscle flexin' in the gym. It's a raw tale 'bout the steep price of chasin' shortcuts, especially when those shortcuts got you messin' with your own health, ya dig?

While Max was all caught up tryna get swole quick with them roids, there was this steady buzz in the air, kinda like the block was talkin', saying, "Yo, drugs ain't the way, straight up." If you're second-guessin', thinkin' maybe there's some truth to it, you could hit up your pops. Bet he's got some wild stories that'll flip your world. Still ain't buyin' it? Holla at your moms. She's got the lowdown on why playin' with that stuff is playin' with fire.

As Max was tryna find his way outta that shadowy path of quick fixes, the message was crystal: "Steer clear of them drugs." It's 'bout keepin' it real, not losin' yourself tryna blend in or impress nobody. That real talk was resonatin', followin' Max at every turn as he stepped away from his past moves.

Really, what more is there to say? Drugs, shortcuts, whatever name they go by – they're nothing but trouble. Max got a hard lesson in that, but he let it shape him. Through his own comeback, he showed us that true strength, the lasting kind, comes from keeping it legit, hustlin' hard, and stayin' solid.

Max droppin' the steroids was more than just leavin' behind bad choices. It turned into a live testament to that timeless street wisdom – "Drugs are bad, for real." He lived that message, turnin' his story into a beacon for the young ones and anyone else payin' attention. Showed everybody that the version of you that you can stand proud beside is built on real effort, integrity, and patience.

So, that's the lowdown on Max, without bringin' in that beat vibe. It's 'bout life's real battles, findin' your true path, and standing by it. Remember, the realest wins are those you hustle for yourself, with nothing but your own sweat and willpower.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nopedk For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Uptight 534
(28th February 2024, 11:39 PM)nopedk Wrote: Aight, let's flip that script, dig deeper into the streets with Max's saga, keepin' it more hood, and switch up that "music" vibe.

The journey of my ace Max ain't just 'bout that grind or muscle flexin' in the gym. It's a raw tale 'bout the steep price of chasin' shortcuts, especially when those shortcuts got you messin' with your own health, ya dig?

While Max was all caught up tryna get swole quick with them roids, there was this steady buzz in the air, kinda like the block was talkin', saying, "Yo, drugs ain't the way, straight up." If you're second-guessin', thinkin' maybe there's some truth to it, you could hit up your pops. Bet he's got some wild stories that'll flip your world. Still ain't buyin' it? Holla at your moms. She's got the lowdown on why playin' with that stuff is playin' with fire.

As Max was tryna find his way outta that shadowy path of quick fixes, the message was crystal: "Steer clear of them drugs." It's 'bout keepin' it real, not losin' yourself tryna blend in or impress nobody. That real talk was resonatin', followin' Max at every turn as he stepped away from his past moves.

Really, what more is there to say? Drugs, shortcuts, whatever name they go by – they're nothing but trouble. Max got a hard lesson in that, but he let it shape him. Through his own comeback, he showed us that true strength, the lasting kind, comes from keeping it legit, hustlin' hard, and stayin' solid.

Max droppin' the steroids was more than just leavin' behind bad choices. It turned into a live testament to that timeless street wisdom – "Drugs are bad, for real." He lived that message, turnin' his story into a beacon for the young ones and anyone else payin' attention. Showed everybody that the version of you that you can stand proud beside is built on real effort, integrity, and patience.

So, that's the lowdown on Max, without bringin' in that beat vibe. It's 'bout life's real battles, findin' your true path, and standing by it. Remember, the realest wins are those you hustle for yourself, with nothing but your own sweat and willpower.
This is a throwback and a half. Glad to see you again, nopedk (I am pretty sure it was nope.dk on the old site). It has been awhile.