Teleport Block Bug
The teleport block can, in rare instances, become non-functional (i.e hitting a properly connected, normally functional teleport block fails to teleport you no matter what). The same teleport block will be functional for other players in the same map at that same time, or for that same player after quitting and replaying. Bug confirmed by multiple independent cases by different players in different situations. 

I was unable to reproduce the bug after 30 mins of replaying different maps with 1-4p. Stunt however was able to reproduce the bug: "To me the only way I was able to recreate was going into a level, hitting the teleport, exiting, going into it again, hitting it again, however many times. I've never had a teleport break the first time you play a level it's always after multiple plays."

-video by Stunt available on Discord, can't post due to file size limit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Master Raiden, Mulley, Stunt
Can you either
- Link to the Discord message
- Have @Stunt upload to YouTube and link the vid here
?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(25th November 2022, 2:40 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Can you either
- Link to the Discord message
- Have @Stunt upload to YouTube and link the vid here
?
https://discord.com/channels/52867952270...4267557909

This was a video I dmed you a while ago (02/06) and it doesn't give enough details to reproduce I guess.. I also sent the error code you get from this happening on the beta server. Just not sure what specific cause besides just hitting a lot of teleports or entering and exiting the level multiple times.
𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓁,

𝒮𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓉
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Stunt For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
I can try to find replication steps tomorrow but idk if I'll be able to
á
Actually I found a way to consistently get this, I'll post some vids in the discord server and ping u bls
If you use a set of teleport blocks, and then quit and exit the level before they refresh and they're both offscreen, then they lock and won't work the next time you play the level, quitting the level and retrying fixes the issue for the next go through

EDIT: Note this also affects cycles of 3, so I would assume it affects cycles of any length
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Fixed in 168.0.2!

Thanks for testing, everyone:
- @Camer the Dragon: Video, posts on this thread, collab on Discord
- @Stunt: Video, Video, posts on this thread, collab on Discord
- @Magniloquent: posts on this thread, collab on Discord
- @Master Raiden: collab on Discord

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Mulley