Poll: Which Cartoon Network program would you like me to create a tier list for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nickelodeon!
16.67%
1 16.67%
Cartoon Network!
50.00%
3 50.00%
Boomerang!
0%
0 0%
Disney!
0%
0 0%
Fox Network!
0%
0 0%
Adult Swim!
0%
0 0%
All of them!
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

MEGA CARTOONS - Your Childhood!
[Image: titTU9e.jpg]

What's sup, everybody! So, today I want to take you back to your childhood; a simpler time when you could wake up in the morning and watch your favorite cartoons while eating sugary cereal! Regardless of how your childhood went, you remember watching a few of these cartoons because they were hysterical and kept you interested for the past 17+ years. Even as an adult, you probably still enjoy watching these cartoons, today. Forgive me for taking a long time to make this thread. I had to make sure that everything was good to go before the release.

MUST READ: In the poll, I'd like for you to vote on a tier list that you'd like for me to do for this thread, so that I can go ahead and create it for you. This can be from anime from a certain era, Nickelodeon from a certain era, Cartoon Network from a certain era, Adult Swim from a certain era, Disney, etc. You catch my drift. So, instead of me going out and creating a bunch of popular cartoon tier lists, I'm giving you people a chance to vote for the best. At that point, I will then update the thread, dropping my tier list favorite from your votes. Also, if there's a certain cartoon that you wanna see, then you'd better convince everybody else to pick the same option in the poll, otherwise it won't be on that tier list unless you create your own. I need you to help me help you.

So, now I'd like to take this opportunity to walk you through the process that I took to divide all these cartoon companies into different sections. I've essentially compiled a list of popular cartoons that you're probably aware of, forgotten cartoons, anime, OG cartoons that you're unaware of, and more. What you need to understand is that the different links that are underneath the years and titles, are just a few sources that cover a substantial amount of cartoons across the globe. It's not a complete list because there are so many different cartoons out there that I just can't rap my finger around them... but it's a strong start, so bare with me.

A lot of these cartoons, I've never even heard of before and neither have you guys, I bet. Most of us on JV are too young to remember a lot of these. Some of you are old heads in the 40s and up, who probably do remember. Hell, most of us are millennials and Gen-Z's. But damn, if you're a Gen-Z (1997-2012), then I feel sorry for you because you missed out on a great, 90s cartoons decade. I don't care what you guys say, the 90s had the best cartoons, period! The voice acting, character creations, and writing were underrated! You were too young to remember them and had to catch up later on in the late 00s to early 2010s, I bet you.

Now, the reason I didn't compile a list of 2010 cartoons is because they're not really long gone and forgotten. Anything before 2010 is long gone and forgotten, IMHO. Anything in the Gen-Z generation from 2010s and up, should be fresh in your minds. If you're unaware of those cartoons, still, then just know that another reason I didn't include 2010s and up is because the cartoons have really gone down hill, if you ask me. When they took over the OG cartoons, they have successfully screwed them up! Take Ben 10 for an example... It was cool to watch during the mid 2000s, but when they redid that cartoon in 2016, it received horrible ratings; my point exactly.

The Millennials (1981-1996), Gen-X's (1965-1980), and Baby Boomers (1946-1964) had the best cartoons, IMHO. If you wanna take shots at me for saying that, then go right ahead. Personally, I don't give a damn. The writing, voice acting, and character creations have gone down the drain after the 2000s! I stopped watching that shit, tbh with you. What the hell is going on with the writers, nowadays... seriously?! Also yes, I'm an early 90s millennial (in the late 20s) who grew up watching 90-00s cartoons... when voice acting, writing, and character creations were the shit. If you care to disagree with me for trashing 2010s+ cartoons, go right ahead... I could care less!

Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, and some more Cartoon Network shows have plummeted down the drain today because shitty voice acting and writers took over; it's hard to watch! Besides Adult Swim cartoons, I can't watch anything else. Anyways, now that I've expressed my personal feelings about this issue, please enjoy the various list of cartoons from different eras that I've taken the time to find for you, so that you don't have to spend countless hours looking for all these cartoons.

Sources

[Image: JuodIpC.jpg]

[Image: Ts2YzgZ.jpg]

[Image: miXHr3F.jpg]

[Image: 5y95WqP.jpg]

1950's-1970's cartoons that you may not have known existed!
1950s-1970s Cartoons!

Popular 1950's anime films!
Popular 50's anime films!

Popular 1960's cartoons!
Popular 60's cartoons!

Popular 1960's anime cartoons!
Popular 60's anime cartoons!

Forgotten 1960's cartoons!
Forgotten 60's cartoons!
Forgotten 60s cartoons! #2

Popular 1970's cartoons!
Popular 70's cartoons!

Popular 1970's anime cartoons!
Popular 70's anime cartoons!
Popular 70's anime cartoons! #2

Forgotten 1970's cartoons!
Forgotten 70's cartoons!
Forgotten 70s cartoons #2
Forgotten 70s cartoons #3
Forgotten Saturday morning 70's cartoons #4

Popular 1980's cartoons!
Popular 80's cartoons!

Popular 1980's anime cartoons!
Popular 80's anime cartoons!
Popular 80's anime cartoons! #2

Forgotten 1980's cartoons!
Forgotten 80's cartoons!
Forgotten 80's cartoons #2
Forgotten 80's cartoons #3
Forgotten 80's cartoons #4

Popular 1990's cartoons!
Popular 90's cartoons!
Popular 90's cartoons! #2
Popular 90's cartoons! #3
Popular 90's cartoons! #4

Popular 1990's anime cartoons!
Popular 90's anime cartoons!
Popular 90's anime cartoons! #2

Forgotten 1990's cartoons!
Forgotten 90s cartoons
Forgotten 90s cartoons #2
Forgotten 90s cartoons #3
Forgotten Saturday Morning 90s cartoons

Popular 2000's cartoons!
Popular 00's cartoons!
Popular 00's cartoons! #2
Popular 00's cartoons! #3
Popular 00's cartoons! #4

Popular 2000's anime cartoons!
Popular 00's anime cartoons!
Popular 00's anime cartoons! #2

Forgotten 2000's cartoons!
Forgotten cartoons from the early 00's!
Forgotten 00's cartoons! #2
Forgotten 00's cartoons! #3
Forgotten 00's cartoons! #4

[Image: 6WYUgea.jpg]

Best Adult Swim shows ever!

Forgotten Adult Swim shows + 30 Best Family Guy episodes ranked!

For the record, I only used Imdb to find a long list of cartoons to help me make this thread; not use them for ratings. If you'd like to find out what ratings these cartoons have received, then feel free to check out Metacritic... a legitimate source. Keep in mind, not all cartoons will appear on that site, and not all cartoons are recognized on other sites.

Since there are millions of cartoons out there, I figured I would take the liberty of giving you direct links to where you can find all these cartoons. If there are ANY, and I mean ANY cartoons that you watched in the past, that isn't on any of these links (like Brandy and Mr. Whiskers (2004)), then please feel free to share them with me. Even if they're short cartoons like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, I would greatly appreciate you sharing them with me!

BONUS

Voice actors!
Looney Tunes characters list!

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Most of the cartoons I watched as a kid were adult cartoons, much to my mother's chagrin.

As much as I like anime, the best animated show is The Simpsons. Season 3-8 are literally perfect. season 1 and 2 are good too, but season 3-8 are the golden age of The Simpsons. So much heart, so much humor. The Simpsons was a show that knew it didn't always have to be funny. You've all seen the funny moments a million times, so I'd like to share some of my favorite heartwarming moments. There are so many episodes that are funny and heartwarming. For example, Do it for Her, I hope you never say a word, and You are so beautiful.

Before I start talking about anime, I'll rattle off some other of the legendary cartoons: Futurama. Made by the creator of The Simpsons, but set in the future. The characters are very expressive, and get into hilarious situations. A robot that drinks and swears, an octopus that dumpster dives but is also a doctor, a space captain that keeps trying to get with Leela, etc. Also, the ending with Fry and Leela was so touching. And Jurassic Bark is one of the saddest animated episodes you will ever see.

Family Guy. I can't talk about legendary adult cartoons without mentioning Family Guy. It's not as good as The Simpsons by any means, but it has some really funny moments, along with many hilarious cutaway gags. It was one of my inspirations for my clip channel, because there's so many funny moments that weren't clipped in very good quality.

Alright, now to talk about some kid cartoons. There is one that always seemed above the rest: SpongeBob SquarePants. Of course, I'm talking about the original seasons when Stephen Hillenburg was still the showrunner. So funny, so silly, and yet intelligent as well. One of my favorite episodes was when SpongeBob and Patrick were tasked with painting Mr. Krab's place, and accidentally got a drop of paint on his framed dollar.

Favorite kid cartoons from when I was REALLY young were probably The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Scooby-Doo. I don't remember which version. But even as an adult, the Winnie the Pooh theme song is burned into my brain.

Alright, now I'm gonna ramble through a bunch of other cartoons I watched as a kid, along with a link to the theme song.

Martha Speaks - One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from this show: "Nothing like 20 hours of sleep to really work up an appetite."
Bear in the Big Blue House - I just remember the theme song and the Goodbye song, mainly.
Arthur - Legendary theme song. Other than that, I don't remember much about it, other than DW being obnoxious.
The Proud Family - Maybe top 5 for best cartoon themes ever. Sang by Beyonce and her sister, Solange.
Kim Possible - Disney sure had some good theme songs, didn't they?

I could list about 100 more cartoons, but I think I'll move onto anime.

Gurren Lagann. Set in the fictional future of Earth, where it's post-apocalyptic, with mechas, and of course, Yoko Littner. What isn't there to love? Honestly one of the best shows I've ever watched. Kamina and Yoko Littner are two of my favorite characters ever. Seriously, if you want a good anime to watch, I highly recommend this one.

K-On! It's a feel-good anime about 4 girls that try to start a band in one of their school's clubs called the Light Music Club. They later try to recruit others, and successfully recruit a 5th member later on. There's no drama, no violence, no swearing, it's just about the 5 girls, their lives, and their music. And yet it's one of my favorite anime.

Now for an underrated one: Cybersix. This one debatably isn't anime since it was only aired in North America, but the animation was all done in Japan. I could talk about how amazing it is, but I'll let the theme song set the bar. It's my favorite theme song of all time.

The entire show is available to watch on YouTube in case you're interested.

I can't talk about anime without mentioning Pokemon, the first anime I watched. I watched it back when I was a kid, before I even knew what anime was. We of course all know the legendary theme song, but it was actually fun to watch when I was a young.

And that pretty much does it. There's a bunch of others I could mention, like The Looney Tunes Show, for instance. It was the Looney Tunes characters living a suburban life. It had some moments that would give me a chuckle, but that's about it. Or Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, which fleshed out the characters more and would also make me chuckle. Lots of other cartoons that I remember watching, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(29th November 2022, 3:50 PM)Yomakoy Wrote: Most of the cartoons I watched as a kid were adult cartoons, much to my mother's chagrin.

As much as I like anime, the best animated show is The Simpsons. Season 3-8 are literally perfect. season 1 and 2 are good too, but season 3-8 are the golden age of The Simpsons. So much heart, so much humor. The Simpsons was a show that knew it didn't always have to be funny. You've all seen the funny moments a million times, so I'd like to share some of my favorite heartwarming moments. There are so many episodes that are funny and heartwarming. For example, Do it for Her, I hope you never say a word, and You are so beautiful.

Before I start talking about anime, I'll rattle off some other of the legendary cartoons: Futurama. Made by the creator of The Simpsons, but set in the future. The characters are very expressive, and get into hilarious situations. A robot that drinks and swears, an octopus that dumpster dives but is also a doctor, a space captain that keeps trying to get with Leela, etc. Also, the ending with Fry and Leela was so touching. And Jurassic Bark is one of the saddest animated episodes you will ever see.

Family Guy. I can't talk about legendary adult cartoons without mentioning Family Guy. It's not as good as The Simpsons by any means, but it has some really funny moments, along with many hilarious cutaway gags. It was one of my inspirations for my clip channel, because there's so many funny moments that weren't clipped in very good quality.

Alright, now to talk about some kid cartoons. There is one that always seemed above the rest: SpongeBob SquarePants. Of course, I'm talking about the original seasons when Stephen Hillenburg was still the showrunner. So funny, so silly, and yet intelligent as well. One of my favorite episodes was when SpongeBob and Patrick were tasked with painting Mr. Krab's place, and accidentally got a drop of paint on his framed dollar.

Favorite kid cartoons from when I was REALLY young were probably The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Scooby-Doo. I don't remember which version. But even as an adult, the Winnie the Pooh theme song is burned into my brain.

Alright, now I'm gonna ramble through a bunch of other cartoons I watched as a kid, along with a link to the theme song.

Martha Speaks - One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from this show: "Nothing like 20 hours of sleep to really work up an appetite."
Bear in the Big Blue House - I just remember the theme song and the Goodbye song, mainly.
Arthur - Legendary theme song. Other than that, I don't remember much about it, other than DW being obnoxious.
The Proud Family - Maybe top 5 for best cartoon themes ever. Sang by Beyonce and her sister, Solange.
Kim Possible - Disney sure had some good theme songs, didn't they?

I could list about 100 more cartoons, but I think I'll move onto anime.

Gurren Lagann. Set in the fictional future of Earth, where it's post-apocalyptic, with mechas, and of course, Yoko Littner. What isn't there to love? Honestly one of the best shows I've ever watched. Kamina and Yoko Littner are two of my favorite characters ever. Seriously, if you want a good anime to watch, I highly recommend this one.

K-On! It's a feel-good anime about 4 girls that try to start a band in one of their school's clubs called the Light Music Club. They later try to recruit others, and successfully recruit a 5th member later on. There's no drama, no violence, no swearing, it's just about the 5 girls, their lives, and their music. And yet it's one of my favorite anime.

Now for an underrated one: Cybersix. This one debatably isn't anime since it was only aired in North America, but the animation was all done in Japan. I could talk about how amazing it is, but I'll let the theme song set the bar. It's my favorite theme song of all time.

The entire show is available to watch on YouTube in case you're interested.

I can't talk about anime without mentioning Pokemon, the first anime I watched. I watched it back when I was a kid, before I even knew what anime was. We of course all know the legendary theme song, but it was actually fun to watch when I was a young.

And that pretty much does it. There's a bunch of others I could mention, like The Looney Tunes Show, for instance. It was the Looney Tunes characters living a suburban life. It had some moments that would give me a chuckle, but that's about it. Or Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, which fleshed out the characters more and would also make me chuckle. Lots of other cartoons that I remember watching, but I'll leave it at that for now.

The Simpsons is also my favorite as well. I used to play the Hit and Run game, from 2005. It reminds me of an old gag game that'll bring you joy, just like Crash Tag Team did. Personally man, I think the reason the early seasons of The Simpsons are the golden ages is simply because the writers have changed. It's like I said before, when a certain era happened, it's like a lot of things went down hill. Not everything, but quite a lot.

Interesting choices. I've never heard of these cartoons, before. Especially Cyber Six, which looks like it could be a good cartoon, based on what I'm seeing. Honestly, Idk how I missed out on that one, growing up. I guess I didn't check out all the cartoons. Family Guy, Scooby Doo, and Looney Tunes are all underrated programs. At least until the writers changed. Family Guy is an exception, though. Thanks for sharing all of these, man. I'll take your word up on some of those other anime shows that you mentioned, as well.

Since you mentioned adult cartoon programs, I will say that I also grew up watching things like Naurto, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Bleach, and Inuyasha. Yeah bro, there are a hell of a lot of cartoons out there, which is why I gave a strong start to a few links that covers a bunch because if I took the time to write them all, I wouldn't have gotten finished, anytime soon. If there's any more you'd like to share with me, I'm always open for discussion, here.

Oh and don't hesitate to vote, what you'd like for me to do a tier list on. You seem to be a huge anime fan, so I'd start there. It'd just have to be before 2010, unfortunately.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Bro, Cartoon Network was my life
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Different