Poll: Which one of these jobs is the most stressful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Police Officer/Detective
33.33%
1 33.33%
Firefighter
33.33%
1 33.33%
Doctor
0%
0 0%
Surgeon
33.33%
1 33.33%
Lawyer
0%
0 0%
Judge
0%
0 0%
Executioner
0%
0 0%
Lieutenant
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

STRESSFUL JOBS!
Police officers, Firefighters, Doctors, Judges, Lawyers, etc. All these people may make good or decent money, but at the end of the day, their jobs are STRESSFUL as hell. Imagine getting a call during 3AM in the morning because someone got SHOT, their house is BURNING down, they're dying of CANCER, etc. That would STRESS the average person out immensely. Even reading through a bunch of long ass, legal documents that far exceed all the terms and agreements that most of us refuse to read, can STRESS the average person out. All these people eat, sleep, and breath these jobs so that we either feel safe or protected.

If you thought your job was STRESSFUL, consider these guys first, and then tell me whether you fit in that category or not. At the end of the day, I have nothing but respect for these people for busting their asses off to either satisfy or save our lives from danger. All of us have dealt with these guys at some point, so we can all relate to this stuff. Some people smile at the end of the day, and some people don't because their jobs are really STRESSFUL.

Despite how these people feel about their jobs, there's still some STRESS to it on a substantially high level. So, you people tell me which one of these guys have the most STRESSFUL jobs, alive.

Nurses, Chefs, Air traffic controllers/pilots, construction workers.

I feel these jobs have the same, if not more stressful than the ones listed.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(12th December 2022, 6:06 PM)a7x3 Wrote: Nurses, Chefs, Air traffic controllers/pilots, construction workers.

I feel these jobs have the same, if not more stressful than the ones listed.

Oh yeah. Definitely all those guys have really stressful jobs, too. Out of all those options, I'd say Air traffic controllers are genuinely the most stressful. But, I'll have to admit, these guys do get paid the big bucks for working long hours.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3
Tower climbers.
Even though they work like twice a year just to change a lightbulb, and get paid around $20000 every time they it
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Different
I think anybody working for the public has a lot on their shoulders. Nurses, Drs, Surgeons, Fire-Fighters etc. I mean the things they have to see every day can be traumatic, it takes a mental toll on you. Same as a soldier, it's a traumatic job and it takes a lot to step into such a demanding role.

However we all experience stress at work no matter what our job role is, I've recently dropped out of teaching after 7 years and now a foster carer. Teaching was chaotic, left me out of pocket so much due to lack of resources for schools, so much workload. Foster caring I can do from home obviously, but the last couple of weeks I'm always travelling to meetings, listening to stories from children who have been removed from abusive households. Some of the stories have knocked me sick and I've been unable to sleep. I've had to deal with children who have been frightened by their parents so much that they struggle to sleep or eat. Having to attend court to provide my evidence of the child while they've been in my care and how their parents are unfit to have the child back. I legit come back home and I can't understand how parents can be so evil. It stresses me to the point where I've thrown up. I see details of injuries of these children, I have to balance supporting a foster child and parent my own kids too. It is HARD. But it may not sound that bad to others, like I said no job is "easy" because you never know what someone is going through. Bad days are OK, but don't ever let work destroy your mental health. A job will replace you in a heartbeat.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different
Medical professionals, particularly when performing complex procedures and/or working in A+E. Generally anyone you have to call 999 for as well (911 in US, 112 in a lot of mainland Europe).

All jobs have stress but these are some of the ones that come to mind for me when thinking about some of the most stressful, but this by no means is saying that other jobs aren't as stressful if not more stressful than these that I have said here.
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*, Different