Suggestion First/Fastest entry
How easy/difficult would it be to implement an entry in the map description of "First clear: [User]" and "Fastest time: [User] - [Time]"?
[Image: wzM6wRQ.png]
[Image: 3An08oh.png]
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GHSimon3 For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข Camer the Dragon, Dangevin, Drflash55, Eternal, MoonFiredk, Mulley, Stunt, Stxtics, Vipa
Additional question: how is Simon so darn cute?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข Stxtics, Vipa
(2nd January 2023, 4:51 PM)Magniloquent Wrote: Additional question: how is Simon so darn cute?
copy that
[Image: giphy.gif]
(2nd January 2023, 6:07 PM)Vipa Wrote: copy that
copy copy that
๐’ฎ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“Ž ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“,

๐’ฎ๐“‰๐“Š๐“ƒ๐“‰
This'd be cool
Altho it'd be biased to people near to the server if that wasn't taken into account on the clear time
รก
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข Mulley
I like the idea! My biggest concerns are:
- Data wouldn't be retroactive, meaning people who have gotten a lower time, or the true first person to already clear the level, won't be recognized.
- It's very easy to auto-win if you know what you're doing. This would skew the results and cause unfair finish times.

I think that, due to the limitations listed, this probably won't happen. Interested to hear what everyone else thinks. Again, I really like the idea, I just think it probably wouldn't work under the circumstances.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข GHSimon3, Lego-man945, Master Raiden
I think the biggest obstacle to this implementation is that the level could be edited. You can make a level that makes players go in a huge circle to the end, then after the world-record time is recorded, edit the level to delete the one block to open up the circle, finish the level in 5 seconds, then re-edit the level to re-add the removed block.

Or maybe the world-record time resets after each new edit. But then you'd have to determine when a player republished a level to get it into newest, does that count as a new edit and reset the world-record time? Imo, I think this suggestion is wildly impractical.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Battlealvin2009 For This Useful Post:
  โ€ข bls1999, Master Raiden
It should account for finish lag
And be version-specific as Battlealvin says
รก
Throw it as an addition to tournament mode and make it only active on that server, hell could even have it as a daily reset and it'll just log fastest times that day.

I can see folks grinding the fastest runs on LoTW maps or campaign for flexing lmao
Arrow
I think this would only be fair on certain maps, say campaign maps and some other that are manually verified to be completable, or the recorded times would be 'verified' and 'unverified' for certain levels. Since this would probably generate lots of data, it would be good to wipe it every time a level is edited.