Poll: What's your RANK Status?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ranks 1-27: Sunlight Zone - aka Epipelagic Zone (200m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 28-37: Twilight Zone - aka Mesopelagic Zone (500m-1,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 48-57: Midnight Zone - aka Bathypelagic Zone (1,000m-3,000m)
50.00%
3 50.00%
Ranks 58-68: Midnight Zone II - aka Bathypelagic Zone (3,000m-4,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 69-78: Abyss - aka Abyssopelagic Zone (4,000m-5,000m)
50.00%
3 50.00%
Ranks 79-88: Abyss II - Abyssopelagic Zone (5,000m-6,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 89-109: Father Abyss - aka Hadopelagic Zone (6,000m-8,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 110-130: Father Abyss II - aka Hadopelagic Zone (8,000m-9,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 131-140: Father Abyss III - aka Hadopelagic Zone (9,000m-10,000m)
0%
0 0%
Ranks 141-150: The Final Boss - aka Hadopelagic Zone (10,000m-11,000m)
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pr2 RANK Status Exp for Dummies - The Fishing terminology
[Image: Was49VZ.jpg]

This is a simple guide explaining to newbies, the science behind what it actually means to rank up, and what your rank status means. I'm fully aware that there are tons of overrated guides on simming and macroing, but they don't necessarily tell you your rank status and how long it's actually going to take you to achieve that goal. So, before we begin, please review THIS GUIDE showing you how many experience points and accumulative points you'll need for a certain rank.

Also, here is our current EXP formula to level up.
(1.25^rank) × 30

Here's how I'm going to explain the science behind ranking up: think of it as deep sea fishing - You go and grab your bait, your tools, and you put on your gear. When it comes to leveling up - your tools are most likely going to be a macro program & what game mode you use to level up, your alternative accounts are the bait, and your gear is your pc. The higher you level up, the bigger your xp figure becomes, which means that more massive fish will be presented to you for every digit increase in exp. For example, going from 100,000xp to 1,000,000xp over time. Same thing can be said about scuba diving down in the deeper parts of the sea. But, beware, as the deeper you dive, the more pressure it becomes.

[Image: 31GrYDG.jpg]

Here's what people don't often tell you: Back in the early days of Pr2, it was unheard of to catch fish down in the deep-end of the deep sea at 10,000,000xp because it was far too much to handle. Seeing that experience figure would intimidate the hell out of new players because they've never done it before. Also, how many people would reach Rank 57, knowing that that figure exists? The same thing can be said about catching a massive fish with a shitty fishing rod, and trying to scuba dive with the big boys when you have no experience. Before the big token update in 2013, only accounts like UnknownAX, quesin, & yellowfin were catching big fish down in the deep-end; they were one of the first ones to do it at 10,000,000+ xp.

The majority of players would catch smaller fish under 1,000,000xp because they were new, and they were oblivious to how the game operated. This is why Rank 50 was such a rare and hot commodity back in the day. Grinding 1,000,000xp is equivalent to traveling down in the deep-end of the sea, trying to catch more massive fish because you are hungry. Now if you were a smart player, you would get your +3 power ups at Rank 47 (to quickly escalate to higher fishing levels), to even be considered as one of the big boys back in the day. But, that's where it stops because most people were not comfortable grinding 2,101,947xp towards Rank 51. Considering the fishing terminology, they would be intimidated to catch MASSIVE fish because it would take them a tremendous amount of time. I'm talking Lemon Sharks, SilverTips, Halibuts, and more!

Nowadays, people are catching Great White Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Greenlands, Black Marlins, and much more. So, basically people went from catching smaller fish near the shore level, towards going in the deep-end with the big boys, where your time and patience becomes your greatest virtue. Do you realize how rare this was, back in the day?? The game is starting to become really easy. Anyone can become capable of catching Great White Sharks, Tiger Sharks, and Marlins with time and dedication. Catching these type of fish will REALLY test you!

Hell, even that whole 10,000,000xp price that staff members offer nowadays, was never really a thing before the token update. So, they're literally making it easy for you guys to catch massive fish with the big boys. It was completely unheard of. It's almost like teaching a newbie how to fish in the deep-end, when they haven't even learned how to use proper gear, yet. Not to mention all these token power ups are making fishing too easy for people nowadays as well. Man, you guys have it made, nowadays. 10 years ago, you had to earn your way towards the deep-end without help.

Let me just say this, real quick... if you're fishing over 100,000,000xp, then you're in the deep-end area where the Megalodons hangout at. All those electric bills you're paying, rewriting macro scripts, and dealing with pc issues is going to cost you years of hard work, determination, and experience to accommodate those insane figures.

Why did the big dogs do this? - Because they were hungry and they loved to see their numbers go up, sky high. These are literally the 1% of players who have caught all kinds of fish, including Megalodons. I'm talking about the top ten players that are on the LEADERBOARD.

[Image: 7pyZUY6.jpg]

They have gained over 116,000,000xp , and have caught MEGALODONS! They've traveled the deep depths of the Abyss, only to make it out alive, eating like kings! Sure, they've been SLAUGHTERED before, wanting to quit. But, they kept on pushing. Only 4 of these accounts are real people, not alternatives. But, even they know better than to continue. That's why Rank 80 (with tokens) is currently their max rank because there's just far too much pressure to continue down the line. Just like scuba diving into the deep sea - the farther you travel down the dark Abyss, the more pressure is placed on you. Years of your time and dedication will push you into the thirties, soon.

It's like the Abyss has special water down their, where they drug you up making you addicted to the ranking up.

So, to hang with the big boys, you'll literally need expensive gear, better bait, and better tools to catch really MASSIVE fish this size! Otherwise, you'll give up in a hurry & get SLAUGHTERED into a BLOODY mess! But, the only reason people are catching fish this massive is because they've been doing it for a while, the right tools have finally become available on the market 5 years ago (if you know what I mean), they've improved their bait, and their gear is sufficient enough to handle years of hard work.

Fish this big, don't usually come around too often, so talk to these people and ask them about all their struggles and sacrifices to get to a 100M exp level catching massive fish.

Fun Fact: The highest BASE rank that we currently have, is Rank 72. This is in the Abyss area. The ONLY reason these people are in the Abyss II area is because of the tokens. Honestly, I can't imagine them doing a BASE rank of 1,358,351,861xp. Let's go by @Colind average of 720,000xp, daily, right? Considering the fact that he's currently at 127M xp, he'd have to accumulate 5,525,291,176xp taking him approximately 7,670 days (which is over 21 years) just to hit that BASE rank of 80. Damn, aren't you people glad that 8 tokens were included into the game?.... geez! BASE rank wise, that would place him in the real ballpark of the Abyss II level. Even with +8 power up tokens, he'd still be in the Abyss II level. Unless he did 81+8 to reach the Father Abyss level, which I don't even think is possible. No one catches fish for this long!

Let's breakdown the rank status theory, in terms of deep sea fishing:

Rank 0: Shore level | No Experience!
Ranks 1-27: Sunlight Zone - aka Epipelagic Zone (200m)
Ranks 28-37: Twilight Zone - aka Mesopelagic Zone (500m-1,000m)
Ranks 38-47: Twilight Zone II - aka Mesopelagic Zone (500m-1,000m)
Ranks 48-57: Midnight Zone - aka Bathypelagic Zone (1,000m-3,000m)
Ranks 58-68: Midnight Zone II - aka Bathypelagic Zone (3,000m-4,000m)
Ranks 69-78: Abyss - aka Abyssopelagic Zone (4,000m-5,000m)
Ranks 79-88: Abyss II - Abyssopelagic Zone (5,000m-6,000m)
Ranks 89-109: Father Abyss - aka Hadopelagic Zone (6,000m-8,000m)
Ranks 110-130: Father Abyss II - aka Hadopelagic Zone (8,000m-9,000m)
Ranks 131-140: Father Abyss III - aka Hadopelagic Zone (9,000m-10,000m)
Ranks 141-150: The Final Boss - aka Hadopelagic Zone (10,000m-11,000m)

[Image: nHoEjnZ.png]
What zone are Rank 38-47 players in?
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Mulley, Stxtics
(12th January 2023, 4:59 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: What zone are Rank 38-47 players in?

Oh snap! I forgot to put that in there. Good call, my guy! Since I can't go back and edit the poll, they would be in the Twilight Zone II.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley
Is it even possible to get past rank 96? Unless PR2 uses numbers instead of ints for this, then you start running into integer limits somewhere in the 90s. (if number is used, then you should be fine until somewhere around rank 205, depending on how much exp people are getting per match, though exp counts stop being exact around 165)
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(13th January 2023, 7:59 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Is it even possible to get past rank 96? Unless PR2 uses numbers instead of ints for this, then you start running into integer limits somewhere in the 90s. (if number is used, then you should be fine until somewhere around rank 205, depending on how much exp people are getting per match, though exp counts stop being exact around 165)

Bro, I used to think the same way about rank 85. People used to say that Jiggmin had the integers capped to a certain number, which would prevent someone (who's rank 76+8 for an example) from surpassing that rank. So, yeah bro, it's definitely integers that Jiggmin uses. It's actually pitiful because he should know that someone will get that high, one day.
(13th January 2023, 7:59 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Is it even possible to get past rank 96? Unless PR2 uses numbers instead of ints for this, then you start running into integer limits somewhere in the 90s. (if number is used, then you should be fine until somewhere around rank 205, depending on how much exp people are getting per match, though exp counts stop being exact around 165)

I think it used to break at around 82 since I think it was 32-bit before
but it got changed now so fred's level exp isn't weird
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(13th January 2023, 9:30 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I think it used to break at around 82 since I think it was 32-bit before
but it got changed now so fred's level exp isn't weird

Oh wait yeah I forgot to account for the starting exp. So, if doubles are used, then it should have problems starting at 150 (distance between representable numbers exceeds 1), and break down around 180 (where distance between representable numbers starts getting into the hundreds or thousands)

If all exp stuff is handled server-side (which it probably is, and if it isn't then it should be), then you can use 64 bit integers and you're good until around rank 181 where it breaks completely like it did with 32-bit at 82
i failed the mario twitter challenge
(13th January 2023, 11:25 PM)ThePizzaEater1000 Wrote: Oh wait yeah I forgot to account for the starting exp. So, if doubles are used, then it should have problems starting at 150 (distance between representable numbers exceeds 1), and break down around 180 (where distance between representable numbers starts getting into the hundreds or thousands)

If all exp stuff is handled server-side (which it probably is, and if it isn't then it should be), then you can use 64 bit integers and you're good until around rank 181 where it breaks completely like it did with 32-bit at 82

Rank 181?? Wdym? Rank 150 is the maximum rank level you can achieve.
(14th January 2023, 4:23 PM)Different Wrote: Rank 181?? Wdym? Rank 150 is the maximum rank level you can achieve.

I think they mean if you could go up as high as a 64-bit int lets you
I mean atm I think the cap is at 100 anyway
á