Changes You Think Would Improve Sports
What are some sports that you think could do with one or a few things that'd make it much better (in your opinion)?

I feel like Baseball would be a lot better if the pitcher only had, say, 10s to throw to the batter where the clock wouldn't reset on a base steal attempt (base stealing might have to be altered to account for this rule, like having it not allowed with 3s or less on the clock)

Originally I was gonna say just remove the base stealing but apparently ppl like that bit so I tried to think of something that'd speed up the game whilst still keeping that in there

Since Baseball is actually so close to being really good, it just sometimes took forever for the pitcher to throw the ball to the batter when I saw it on the TV before
á
I personally don't mind the pitcher taking time to throw the ball. It's part of getting in the batter's head and vice versa.

There are a few issues I see that can be easily resolved:
- Even if balls/strikes are called wrong, they can't be overturned
- Judgment calls can't be challenged (think Trea Turner running inside the baseline to first base and being called out)
- The "unwritten rules" are childish and interfere with the game
- Commercial breaks are 2.5+ minutes (want to speed up the pace of play? Remove a few ads)

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Tennis
- Stop trying to shorten doubles matches
- Make them play normal games with normal tie-breaks in each set
- No decisive points or 10-point tie-break third sets

Athletics
- It would be cool to allow performance-enhancing drugs to see what humans are really capable of

Formula 1
- Increase component allocation
- Or don't penalize drivers for exceeding their allocation
- Also increase tire allocation so that they can perform at their best instead of trying to be strategic about which tires to use and when
- Take away points from the Constructor's Championship instead of making the driver take a penalty if an offense was the team's fault (e.g. unsafe pit release, tire blankets not off the car in time)
- Maybe revert back to the old tire naming system instead of calling them Soft, Medium and Hard all the time

Chess
- Get rid of the touch-move rule
- Add some kind of warning to alert players when they are low on time
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(7th February 2023, 5:41 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: Athletics
- It would be cool to allow performance-enhancing drugs to see what humans are really capable of
Plot twist: Almost every professional athlete is already on some sort of performance-enhancing drug. If you think there are "clean" athletes in the Olympics, I have an ocean-side property to sell you in Tajikistan. 

Improvements (at least my view in the United States):
  • "Fans" to stop being jackasses and taking supporting your team too seriously. All because you have a crappy domestic beer in your hand, it does not give you the right to treat people like crap (opposing teams, other fans, service workers, etc.) and throw up the excuse, "But I am supporting my team." At the end of the day, these athletes do not even know who you are. Do not get me started on destroying cities because your team lost or even won, for that matter.

• Billionaire owners to stop holding cities/states and residents ransom because they want the public to pay for their *over-budget* brand-spanking new mega stadium that has a few extra luxury boxes and "the biggest digital display in the world." All that while their fifteen year old stadium has no issues, except for slightly outdated architecture. 
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Magniloquent
(7th February 2023, 7:52 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: "Fans" to stop being jackasses and taking supporting your team too seriously. All because you have a crappy domestic beer in your hand, it does not give you the right to treat people like crap (opposing teams, other fans, service workers, etc.) and throw up the excuse, "But I am supporting my team." At the end of the day, these athletes do not even know who you are. Do not get me started on destroying cities because your team lost or even won, for that matter.

This one I know to deffo be an issue here too
Especially in Football (Soccer)
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
(7th February 2023, 7:52 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote:
  • "Fans" to stop being jackasses and taking supporting your team too seriously. All because you have a crappy domestic beer in your hand, it does not give you the right to treat people like crap (opposing teams, other fans, service workers, etc.) and throw up the excuse, "But I am supporting my team." At the end of the day, these athletes do not even know who you are. Do not get me started on destroying cities because your team lost or even won, for that matter.
https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/eagles-fan...he-chiefs/ (I know, New York Post, so there is going to be some bias in here).

Honestly, I was expecting 2011 Vancouver levels, but this is still ridiculous.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(13th February 2023, 5:36 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: https://nypost.com/2023/02/13/eagles-fan...he-chiefs/ (I know, New York Post, so there is going to be some bias in here).

Honestly, I was expecting 2011 Vancouver levels, but this is still ridiculous.

Wow, after seeing that video, I've lost all respect for eagles fans, now. It's funny because I was initially rooting for the Eagles to win. But, this right here is just ignorant behavior.
(14th February 2023, 9:35 AM)Different Wrote: Wow, after seeing that video, I've lost all respect for eagles fans, now. It's funny because I was initially rooting for the Eagles to win. But, this right here is just ignorant behavior.

tbf there are a lot of regular fans who are nice and such when it comes to sports
It's just the hooligans who ruin it for everyone else
á
There's Gymnastics on the TV and it reminds me of the weird scoring where they don't use fractions so you end up getting x.999 or x.y99 scores and other weird ones when it should be ending in .000 or .a00, I'd rather they just add the judges' scores and then do the division at the end after everything is added up.
á