Personal update
It's been a while since I've talked about what I'm up to! Here's a brief rundown:
- Finishing up school (2 months to go!)
- Working part time, hoping to go full time soon (not naming the position/employer for privacy)
- Planning and slowly implementing the PR2 server improvements I mentioned a while back
- Seeing friends and enjoying myself when I can
- Cooking and eating lots of good food

I'm also planning on doing at least one live stream within the next week or so. So stay tuned!

How are y'all doing?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(9th March 2023, 12:15 PM)bls1999 Wrote: It's been a while since I've talked about what I'm up to! Here's a brief rundown:
- Finishing up school (2 months to go!)
- Working part time, hoping to go full time soon (not naming the position/employer for privacy)
- Planning and slowly implementing the PR2 server improvements I mentioned a while back
- Seeing friends and enjoying myself when I can
- Cooking and eating lots of good food

I'm also planning on doing at least one live stream within the next week or so. So stay tuned!

How are y'all doing?

Hey, Ben! I think it's great that you're finishing school in just 2 months, wow! I wish you all the best in your success of finding a job because I know how difficult it can be to get employers to hit you up for an interview. Last year in October, I received my Bachelor's degree in Audio Engineering. Now, I'm currently seeking a job in sound design for games.

What's your major and what kind of job are you looking for?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
(9th March 2023, 6:44 PM)Different Wrote: Hey, Ben! I think it's great that you're finishing school in just 2 months, wow! I wish you all the best in your success of finding a job because I know how difficult it can be to get employers to hit you up for an interview.
What's your major and what kind of job are you looking for?

Thanks! I'm studying computer science. Most likely looking for a job in full-stack development, as that's my experience. The whole process is quite daunting. I'm cautiously optimistic though. Smile

(9th March 2023, 6:44 PM)Different Wrote: Last year in October, I received my Bachelor's degree in Audio Engineering. Now, I'm currently seeking a job in sound design for games.

That's so cool! What kind of sound design are you looking to do (e.g., effects, songs, etc)? Do you have a portfolio of some kind?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Hey Ben! Glad to hear you are doing very well :]
Just remember not to overwork yourself. Especially not in the final months of studying. Just take it easy and do what you always do.

Awesome! i always look forward to new streams! :D
(9th March 2023, 11:17 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Thanks! I'm studying computer science. Most likely looking for a job in full-stack development, as that's my experience. The whole process is quite daunting. I'm cautiously optimistic though. Smile

That sounds interesting. Well, I hope you get the job, and good luck with that, bro. It sounds daunting at first, but I'm sure you'll do well. Plus, they make really good money, so the end results will be worth it.

(9th March 2023, 11:17 PM)bls1999 Wrote: That's so cool! What kind of sound design are you looking to do (e.g., effects, songs, etc)? Do you have a portfolio of some kind?

I'm most likely looking to do sound effects, like what you hear in the movies, flash games, etc. Sometimes, companies will look for you to pull sound effects from a sound library and decide which ones are appropriate, based on what they're looking for out of the game character. Or, you may be required to do them yourself, which would be called "Foley Sound Effects".

I do happen to have a portfolio, where I showcase various demo reels of video gameplay, test sound effects for the game characters, etc. I'm also talented in music composition as well as video editing.
Good job man.
Nuff said
(13th March 2023, 8:54 AM)JEEJAYEM Wrote: Good job man.
Nuff said

Bro, where have you been? I haven't heard from you in a long time. How's life treating you?
(13th March 2023, 1:33 PM)Different Wrote: Bro, where have you been? I haven't heard from you in a long time. How's life treating you?
Ive still been on JV, just not on the website xd
Life's been a rollercoaster since ive been gone lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to JEEJAYEM For This Useful Post:
  • Different