Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰🔥⚠️
(22nd March 2023, 9:46 PM)Different Wrote: That's a good start, but then you gotta consider the kids that have drug problems, get physical with parents and teachers, join gangs... you know, all the bad things that could potentially happen.

Those are rather severe things which need to be dealt with specially by people who are tasked to deal with such things
á
(22nd March 2023, 10:23 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: I don't agree that age should count to ones respect of a person.

Until they're old enough to be your parents. All I'm saying is that it's respectful to call them Mr. or Ms. because they're old enough to be your parents. Unless they tell you not to address them as that. That's just how I was raised.

(22nd March 2023, 10:25 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Those are rather severe things which need to be dealt with specially by people who are tasked to deal with such things

So, you can't handle your own children? 🤔
(22nd March 2023, 10:30 PM)Different Wrote: Until they're old enough to be your parents. All I'm saying is that it's respectful to call them Mr. or Ms. because they're old enough to be your parents. Unless they tell you not to address them as that. That's just how I was raised.
Look man you're just going to keep saying the same thing and that's okay.
People should have basic respect for other people regardless of age even if they are old enough to be your grandparents.
Anything above basic respect should be earned by the person that wants that trust.
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
(22nd March 2023, 10:37 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Look man you're just going to keep saying the same thing and that's okay.
People should have basic respect for other people regardless of age even if they are old enough to be your grandparents.
Anything above basic respect should be earned by the person that wants that trust.

Because I was trying to get you to see my point, earlier. That's all. Anyways, I think we drifted away from what really matters on this thread. To address what you said, earlier, about teachers hitting students, I think we can still find this issue going on in more southern states than Northern in the US. A lot of parents seem to allow it for some reason. I don't agree or disagree with that.
(22nd March 2023, 10:30 PM)Different Wrote: So, you can't handle your own children? 🤔
I don't have children lmao

Also as I said before, these are rather extreme circumstances you describe and therefore would require additional assistance from people specifically tasked to deal with such things
á
Anyway, I have to go to bed now but I will be able to check this after I get up
á
(22nd March 2023, 10:52 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I don't have children lmao

Also as I said before, these are rather extreme circumstances you describe and therefore would require additional assistance from people specifically tasked to deal with such things

Depending on how severe the situation is, yes. On the other hand, I think most parents would have just disciplined their kids before these things got out of hand. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with it, but the statistics just says otherwise. Did your parents discipline you, if you don't mind me asking?
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Different, Uptight 534
(22nd March 2023, 11:05 PM)Different Wrote: Did your parents discipline you, if you don't mind me asking?

If you mean w/ violence, then nah
Only the stuff like I mention earlier
á
(22nd March 2023, 11:05 PM)Different Wrote: On the other hand, I think most parents would have just disciplined their kids before these things got out of hand.

And this can be non-violent as I mentioned earlier
á
(23rd March 2023, 5:42 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: If you mean w/ violence, then nah
Only the stuff like I mention earlier

You're lucky. The fact that you turned out ok, after that light form of punishment is amazing. My parents tore my ass up, man. They've always believed in disciplining kids. This goes back to what you've stated yesterday, "I dealt with this, now you deal with it". Even though, I still turned out ok.
(23rd March 2023, 9:05 AM)Different Wrote: You're lucky. The fact that you turned out ok, after that light form of punishment is amazing. My parents tore my ass up, man. They've always believed in disciplining kids. This goes back to what you've stated yesterday, "I dealt with this, now you deal with it". Even though, I still turned out ok.
You've stated that you're neither with or against disciplining a child via hitting them so I have a question, if you had a child would you punish them by hitting them if they act out?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(23rd March 2023, 9:49 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: You've stated that you're neither with or against disciplining a child via hitting them so I have a question, if you had a child would you punish them by hitting them if they act out?

This sounds like a trick question. I think you're looking for me to say that 'I would hit my child', if I had one. Although it sounds like an interesting question, I'd like to point out that you really can't answer that question fairly because if that child acts out, and you're not for or against discipling them, then what do you really do? - Give them a time out? Take away their privileges? If none of those methods work, and you're refusing to hit the child, then how would you control them?
(23rd March 2023, 12:53 PM)Different Wrote: if that child acts out, and you're not for or against discipling them, then what do you really do? - Give them a time out? Take away their privileges? If none of those methods work, and you're refusing to hit the child, then how would you control them?

There are external services/places that can help with that, you don't have to do everything yourself
á
(23rd March 2023, 12:53 PM)Different Wrote: This sounds like a trick question. I think you're looking for me to say that 'I would hit my child', if I had one. Although it sounds like an interesting question, I'd like to point out that you really can't answer that question fairly because if that child acts out, and you're not for or against discipling them, then what do you really do? - Give them a time out? Take away their privileges? If none of those methods work, and you're refusing to hit the child, then how would you control them?
Not a trick question and you most certainly can answer this question fairly.
If you had a child and it was acting out, would you hit them to discipline them?
(23rd March 2023, 3:53 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: There are external services/places that can help with that, you don't have to do everything yourself

What kind of services are you referring to?

(23rd March 2023, 4:05 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Not a trick question and you most certainly can answer this question fairly.
If you had a child and it was acting out, would you hit them to discipline them?

If all my methods that don't involve hitting a child, doesn't work, then unfortunately that's a line that I'm going to have to cross. Even though I don't necessarily agree with doing so, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. People respond to authenticity and outcomes. So, if the outcome becomes successful, then stick with it. There's some children that need it, and some that don't, from what I've seen. If you raise your child properly, then it's not necessary. But, some kids are bad apples at birth.

Your son decides to get violent with you and slap you. You can't tell me you wouldn't deal with his ass. But, like I said, bro... I would try other, nonviolent methods, first, depending on the child.
(23rd March 2023, 5:33 PM)Different Wrote: If all my methods that don't involve hitting a child, doesn't work, then unfortunately that's a line that I'm going to have to cross. Even though I don't necessarily agree with doing so, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. People respond to authenticity and outcomes. 

If you don't agree with doing it why then do it at all? I honestly don't understand the logic here.
You can get professional help before you resort to abusing your child.
You can get a social worker involved, you can get a therapist involved to see what is the root cause of the problem.

Quote:So, if the outcome becomes successful, then stick with it. There's some children that need it, and some that don't, from what I've seen. If you raise your child properly, then it's not necessary. But, some kids are bad apples at birth.

Ah yes, if my child stops acting out when I beat them up then I shall continue doing so because it works. 
What kind of ****ed up message are you sending to your kid by these actions.
No kid should be hit by their parent it's a ****ed up thing to do, you want your child to fear and resent you? God forbid that your kid ends up in a bad situation and they are afraid of confiding in you about it because they are afraid of getting beat for it. 

Quote:Your son decides to get violent with you and slap you. You can't tell me you wouldn't deal with his ass. But, like I said, bro... I would try other, nonviolent methods, first, depending on the child.

If I had a child and they'd slap me I wouldn't slap them back no.
(23rd March 2023, 9:32 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: If you don't agree with doing it why then do it at all? I honestly don't understand the logic here.
You can get professional help before you resort to abusing your child.
You can get a social worker involved, you can get a therapist involved to see what is the root cause of the problem.

You see, this is why I said it was a trick question to begin with. What were you expecting me to say? I never said I supported it. But, at the same time when you run out of options, and professional help can't seem to solve the problem, then what? Also, I can tell you right now, the root cause of the problem is most likely these worthless ass parents, who do a poor ass job of raising their kids. They need social help, themselves.

(23rd March 2023, 9:32 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Ah yes, if my child stops acting out when I beat them up then I shall continue doing so because it works. 
What kind of ****ed up message are you sending to your kid by these actions.
No kid should be hit by their parent it's a ****ed up thing to do, you want your child to fear and resent you? God forbid that your kid ends up in a bad situation and they are afraid of confiding in you about it because they are afraid of getting beat for it. 

If I had a child and they'd slap me I wouldn't slap them back no.

Of course you would make it seem like you're beating the shit outta that child, the way you phrased it because that's certainly not how I phrased it at all. Kids end up in a bad situation because of how they were raised, nothing else. If you raise your child to be a rebel, then of course they're gonna end up in a ****ed up situation. Why do you think they're so many drug addicts and kids joining gangs?? Look at these goofy ass parents who fail to raise their child, properly. Give me a break.

(23rd March 2023, 9:32 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: If I had a child and they'd slap me I wouldn't slap them back no.

So, what, you're gonna keep letting them do it? Because that's the message you're sending them when everything else, fails; think about it.
(23rd March 2023, 11:18 PM)Different Wrote: You see, this is why I said it was a trick question to begin with. What were you expecting me to say? I never said I supported it. But, at the same time when you run out of options, and professional help can't seem to solve the problem, then what? Also, I can tell you right now, the root cause of the problem is most likely these worthless ass parents, who do a poor ass job of raising their kids. They need social help, themselves.

So by your logic if you yourself resort to hitting your child because you can't deal with them any other way you are a worthless ass parent who's done a poor ass job of raising their kid?

Quote:Of course you would make it seem like you're beating the shit outta that child, the way you phrased it because that's certainly not how I phrased it at all. Kids end up in a bad situation because of how they were raised, nothing else. If you raise your child to be a rebel, then of course they're gonna end up in a ****ed up situation. Why do you think they're so many drug addicts and kids joining gangs?? Look at these goofy ass parents who fail to raise their child, properly. Give me a break.

I'm sorry but kids can end up in bad situations regardless of how they were raised.
I'm sorry if you were beat as a child since it has clearly affected your morality.
Despite these issues, evidence from various research approaches and methods consistently links physical punishment with harm to children.9,10, 11,13 Good evidence suggests that physical punishment does not reduce defiant or aggressive behaviour nor does it promote long-term positive behaviour in children.11,14,15,16 A systematic review of 53 studies on the use of physical punishment in schools found that it had negative effects on the academic performance of children and resulted in behavioural issues (e.g. violent behaviour and aggressive conduct).17

Research links physical punishment to risks of harm to children’s cognitive, behavioural, social and emotional development.12,18,19,20,21,22 A meta-analysis involving over 160,000 children found that physical punishment can carry the risk of physical abuse (causing a physical injury) and can have similar negative outcomes for children: mental health and emotional challenges, lower cognitive ability, lower self-esteem, more aggression, more antisocial behaviour and negative relationships with parents.19 Other studies and reviews have added that stress from physical punishment for children can negatively affect their brain development.18,23 In addition, physical discipline can quickly and unintentionally escalate to abuse.24, 25,26

https://aifs.gov.au/resources/short-arti...t-children

Evidence shows corporal punishment increases children’s behavioural problems over time and has no positive outcomes.
All corporal punishment, however mild or light, carries an inbuilt risk of escalation. Studies suggest that parents who used corporal punishment are at heightened risk of perpetrating severe maltreatment.
Corporal punishment is linked to a range of negative outcomes for children across countries and cultures, including physical and mental ill-health, impaired cognitive and socio-emotional development, poor educational outcomes, increased aggression and perpetration of violence.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheet...and-health

The European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR), which monitors the European Social Charter, has stated that corporal punishment is not in accordance with human rights standards as defined by the Social Charter.

https://www.coe.int/en/web/children/corporal-punishment

By 2000, research on physical punishment had expanded beyond its effect on child aggression. Studies were showing associations between physical punishment and mental health, physical injury, parent–child relationships and family violence in adulthood. One of the first such studies linked slapping and spanking in childhood with psychiatric disorders in adulthood in a large Canadian sample, and its findings have since been supported by an ever-growing number of studies. Physical punishment is associated with a range of mental health problems in children, youth and adults, including depression, unhappiness, anxiety, feelings of hopelessness, use of drugs and alcohol, and general psychological maladjustment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/

Physical punishment may influence behavior in the short-term. However, physical methods of discipline can result in the following consequences in your child:

bullying other children
being aggressive
behavioral problems
fearing his or her parents
poor self-esteem
thinking that hitting is okay
increased risk of depression, anxiety, and personality problems

https://www.aacap.org/AACAP/Families_and...t-105.aspx

If you hit your kid you are abusing your child
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945, Master Raiden, Uptight 534