Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰🔥⚠️
(24th March 2023, 7:12 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: So by your logic if you yourself resort to hitting your child because you can't deal with them any other way you are a worthless ass parent who's done a poor ass job of raising their kid?

No, they're worthless because they don't raise their child properly, they allow them to run all over them, and these kids are being very disrespectful.

Bro, stop listening to these dumbass psychologists and social workers poison your mind with bullshit. Sometimes, we have to do things we don't want to do, regardless of whether we like it or not. When they use trigger words like "resent" and "abuse", then it's because they don't believe in it, themselves. They sit there and tell you their results, why not find your own results?

(24th March 2023, 7:12 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: I'm sorry but kids can end up in bad situations regardless of how they were raised.
I'm sorry if you were beat as a child since it has clearly affected your morality.

These are usually kids who grew up in low income neighborhoods with poor education, they're fatherless, and they've hung around the wrong people.

What are you talking about?? I turned out perfectly fine. That's what our generation doesn't seem to understand. Do you know how many times I've gotten my ass beat and turned out ok?... plenty. I'm guessing you didn't receive the same treatment as a child, since you're trying to convince me, otherwise. Everybody is different, ok? There are some kids who are angels, and some kids who are demons.
There's no hope for this generation. I can already see that, right now. Time is running out, and our generation continues to suffer from a lack of knowledge because they think it's a sin to utilize critical thinking. Then they surround themselves with pathetic morons, who's IQ level and attention span is smaller than that of a squirrel. Idc what you guys, do. This is nothing more but subconscious programming from the news on TV, and fake sites.

Since when is it ok for the government to change the rules for schools that allow children to advance to another grade, after receiving F's? - F stands for failure and **** up. It's amazing to me how they were able to control the masses and tell them things that'll destroy their spirits and take away their freedom in the long run. We're in a crisis, now. Soon enough, our freedom and time will be limited. I'll be damned if I'm gonna depend on the government for anything.

Convincing a person to change their mind (even after it's been hardwired and fixated on certain political views) is very difficult. But, hey, there's nothing more to gain from these conversations anymore, so I'm done for now.
(24th March 2023, 8:45 AM)Different Wrote: There's no hope for this generation. I can already see that, right now. Time is running out, and our generation continues to suffer from a lack of knowledge because they think it's a sin to utilize critical thinking. Then they surround themselves with pathetic morons, who's IQ level and attention span is smaller than that of a squirrel. Idc what you guys, do. This is nothing more but subconscious programming from the news on TV, and fake sites.

Since when is it ok for the government to change the rules for schools that allow children to advance to another grade, after receiving F's? - F stands for failure and **** up. It's amazing to me how they were able to control the masses and tell them things that'll destroy their spirits and take away their freedom in the long run. We're in a crisis, now. Soon enough, our freedom and time will be limited. I'll be damned if I'm gonna depend on the government for anything.

Convincing a person to change their mind (even after it's been hardwired and fixated on certain political views) is very difficult. But, hey, there's nothing more to gain from these conversations anymore, so I'm done for now.

"People don't agree with my shit opinion, it's all the governments fault!"
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Subside, ThePizzaEater1000, Uptight 534
(24th March 2023, 9:51 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: "People don't agree with my shit opinion, it's all the governments fault!"

You'll learn, just like everybody else will. You call it a "shit opinion", but you don't even use critical thinking to stop and think about whether the information that you're receiving from these brainwashed idiots, is even valid in the first place.
(24th March 2023, 8:45 AM)Different Wrote: Convincing a person to change their mind (even after it's been hardwired and fixated on certain political views) is very difficult.

[Image: epp6zzjvzyw71.jpg]
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uptight 534 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Subside, ~JBG~
I don't agree with using violence to discipline kids.

For those who do, here are some questions:
1. Would you hit your partner/friend if they did something you didn't like?
2. Would you hit your parents if they did something you didn't like?
3. Would you hit someone else's kid if they did something you didn't like?
4. Would you hit an elderly person if they did something you didn't like?

Given that 51% of parents admitted to using violence as discipline for their children, I'm surprised to see how much people refrain from using violence against adults. This kind of makes me think that they are doing it because they can. It's not like a 10 year old kid could fight back, right?

People often point the finger at police officers who do the wrong thing, accusing them of abusing their power because they have a badge and a gun, but rarely towards parents who seem to only use violence against kids.

The main reason why I don't think corporal punishment is effective is because it doesn't make sense given the outcome you are trying to achieve.

If your kid is disrespecting you and you hit them, ask yourself why would they want to respect someone who hits them? If you want to be respected, be someone who they would want to respect. It hurts to hurt/disrespect someone who has done everything for you, but hurting/disrespecting someone who did the same to you feels like justice.

While I am not a parent, I know that if I become one, I would try to use positive reinforcement.
Rewarding kids for doing good things is better than punishing them for doing bad things.

When you reward them, they will have a desire to do good things.
When you punish them, they will have a desire to avoid doing bad things.
While these two may sound similar, the first case is more positive and will probably result in your kid growing to be a better person.

Here's an example of this in adult life:
Positive: Working harder at your job so that you can earn a higher income and eventually become a team leader
Negative: Working harder because you don't want to get fired and become broke

In the positive scenario, you are optimistic and goal-driven. In the negative scenario, you are enslaved by fear.
Which one would you be happier in? Smile

Here's a funny video about this:

I kind of feel like newer parents like the guy in the video are more conscious about things like this, which isn't a bad thing. But some people take it too far. They do everything for their kids and make them feel special and entitled, which causes problems in the other direction. So there's a balance that needs to made.

Maybe something like this, where you try to keep things more positive in general without over-punishing bad behavior or over-hyping achievements. I dunno, where would you place the black bar in the scale below?
[Image: NRqZjTX.png]
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Lego-man945, Subside, Uptight 534, ~JBG~
You turned from saying "I neither agree nor disagree" to taking a strong side very quickly indeed @Different
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Subside, Uptight 534, ~JBG~
(24th March 2023, 9:35 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: You turned from saying "I neither agree nor disagree" to taking a strong side very quickly indeed @Different

I'm gonna cut this short. Go back to my previous comments, then revisit my statistical findings. I still don't agree nor disagree with it. But, if your back's up against the wall, you'll do what you have to do, whether you like it or not.
Steer your focus away from the thread topic and listen to this. Even though I'm getting a lot of bitter and strong disagreement messages from a few people, I just want you all to know something: Since when did we get to a point where we're perfectly comfortable with being subservient slaves to the 1% elite government, who will stop at nothing but to control the way we think and behave? They don't want you to get ahead, ever! The reason you don't understand it is because you allow them to think for you. Their goal is to have a one world government, where we're always dependent on the system to think for us and provide for us.

Soon, if we don't wake the **** up, we're going to end up like North Korea; a communist country everywhere. They also want to keep you poor and penniless with bullshit resources from fake news channels that they want you to see. It's all about mind control, keeping you in the matrix, and subconscious programming. Forget the subject of this thread, stop for a moment, and really listen to what I have to say. When you wake up every morning, what's the first thing you do? Are you comfortable being who you are, or are you sick of it? Why do you logon this site?

You'll never get rich listening to them. Why do we even get excited about these worthless tax refunds? Why do we get excited over stimulus checks? Why do we get excited over anything without digging deep into the aftermath of the situation? - It's because they know how to get us emotionally triggered and excited over things that are worthless in the long run!

Do you realize how powerful we would be if most of us were more independent thinkers utilizing more than 10% of our brains? Just imagine if we had our own resources, instead of relying on the government for a long time. When you depend on someone to gather up information about a scenario FOR YOU, then you're telling me that you are submissive, subservient slaves who refuse to think for themselves. You know why people make jokes and memes about what you're saying? - It's because they don't want to accept the truth. "How dare you interfere with my morals, beliefs, and political views."

We are so emotionally triggered and sensitized, that we can't even see who's really pulling the strings behind the scenes. If you're one of those poor souls who listens to, and watches poisonous, subliminal messages on television, then you've truly lost your critical thinking skills.

Everybody has this fantasy where they should always feel comfortable being ok with depending on people who don't give a shit about you or your problems. You can stand out on the street and be broke as hell, but they won't come and save you. It's amazing how the masses can be easily manipulated and emotionally triggered by something they don't wanna hear. But, why is that? - It's because they're so used to being comfortable living in their own shell, where everything is so damn lovely, right?! People tell them things that they wanna hear. People tell them how they should think & act. What are the outcomes to that??

The more you attempt to use a denial defense mechanism to reject reality, stand up for phony statistics, defend nonindependent thinkers, and stick with bullshit news... the more you need to stop and really ask yourselves... what the hell am I doing? People refuse to believe the truth. Even if they receive verifiable statistics and guaranteed outcomes that prove them wrong, their egos won't allow it. That's also called being psychologically brain damaged refusing to accept reality.

Now before anyone replies to this message, or makes some ridiculous meme to make the whole thing seem foolish, just ask yourself whether this is in your feelings, or is this something that's logical. When you get into your feelings, then things escalate into a dark realm. Idc how you feel... Just tell me what you know and what you think. Being a human walking around in deception and lies, will guarantee you awful outcomes.

You don't have to believe the things that I'm saying, nor do you have to take me seriously. Just go ahead and listen to these ass clowns on tv, tell you what you should think and know. But, then what are the longterm effects to that? What are you trying to achieve? Who do you associate yourself with? Go ahead, dismiss my argument and tell me something that's probably not even valid in the first place. Do you honestly think you've accomplished something by doing that? You might think that what I'm saying is preposterous, but somehow I'm subconsciously & successfully tapping into the left side of your brain's, logical hemisphere and you don't even know it.

Bottomline: Stop watching fake news, stop reading phony sites, pay attention to the longterm outcomes of any situation, then get back to me. Btw, don't come replying to this message, being emotionally triggered. It doesn't make any damn sense. When you read this message, you're going to be emotionally triggered, I just know it. But, eventually you'll get something out of it. You'll be thankful that I'm here because no one else will give a damn to tell you this valuable information.

My goal is to help you guys, not harm you. So, when I challenge you on something, I'm just trying to pick your brains to see where you're coming from. I've had a few people on this site tell me that if I weren't here, then things would get boring. That means a lot to me, and keeps me coming up with more interesting threads. If everyone agreed with me (which I don't want), then this thread wouldn't be 3 pages long. Don't take my messages personal; it was never personal to begin with.
(24th March 2023, 8:25 AM)Different Wrote:
(24th March 2023, 7:35 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.p...&pid=79268

Bro, stop listening to these dumbass psychologists and social workers poison your mind with bullshit.

(24th March 2023, 11:50 PM)Different Wrote: Even if they receive verifiable statistics and guaranteed outcomes that prove them wrong, their egos won't allow it. That's also called being psychologically brain damaged refusing to accept reality.

Make sure you're not falling into your own trap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Subside, Uptight 534
I try to be pretty open minded about stuff, but just because I agree with some things that the government tells us doesn't mean I didn't think. Some people definitely are applying critical thinking and maybe they concluded that doing what the government said was best.

Blindly disagreeing with everything the government tells you is just as bad, if not worse, than blindly believing everything they tell you.
(25th March 2023, 1:11 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: Make sure you're not falling into your own trap.

What trap? You literally brought up a post from another man's statistical findings (which you agree with), then turned it against me.

(25th March 2023, 1:15 AM)Master Raiden Wrote: I try to be pretty open minded about stuff, but just because I agree with some things that the government tells us doesn't mean I didn't think. Some people definitely are applying critical thinking and maybe they concluded that doing what the government said was best.

Blindly disagreeing with everything the government tells you is just as bad, if not worse, than blindly believing everything they tell you.

What is it that you agree with, based on what the government tells you?
(24th March 2023, 11:50 PM)Different Wrote: Steer your focus away from the thread topic and listen to this. 

lol
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
I can see there's a lot of left wingers on this site. So, I'm not even going to bother, anymore.
(25th March 2023, 9:08 AM)Different Wrote: I can see there's a lot of left wingers on this site. So, I'm not even going to bother, anymore.

"Left wing is when I'm not allowed to hit children"
(25th March 2023, 9:19 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: "Left wing is when I'm not allowed to hit children"

Say what you want man, but you're making this thread very popular now, and I appreciate you for helping me out, brotha 👏💯 You have no idea how grateful I am for people like you who detest my arguments. All the memes and jokes really makes me feel like a celebrity 😎🤩
You know it's tough because I do think some children benefit from corporal punishment to help correct their behaviour, but I think it's hard to know exactly who is going to benefit and so it is definitely a risk. Some kids will turn out poorer because of it too. I personally would try to avoid physical punishment if I could. BUT I'm also not going to be a parent.

Also you should respect those older than you by default, but not if the person is disrespecting you in return. Eastern countries still have this culturally and I think it is a benefit. We've broken up the family so that grandparents are in facilities rather than the home like in the past. There is a lot of missed knowledge and lack of appreciation for elders stemming from this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunanova For This Useful Post:
  • Dan-83, Different
Didnt read the entire thread so Im not sure if this was already said, but physical punishment wont discipline kids. It only drives them to act a certain way out of fear of that punishment. When that fear is removed, then they will do whatever they want again. A physical punishment would only retain that behaviour temporarily.
I personally could not live with myself if I were to assault or harm someone (outside of a reasonable act of self-defense), especially a child.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Subside
@*Izi-Blissers* I'm curious to know what you think of disciplining children, since you have a child and you've also taught children as well 🤔