Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰🔥⚠️
[Image: lgq8sLl.jpg]

For those of you who were thinking that I'm talking about being DISCIPLINED to accomplish goals, then you're dead wrong. I'm talking about the kind of DISCIPLINE that you may or may not have received during childhood, when you were under 13. When your parents say, "just wait until we get home!"... you already know what time it is. You're gonna be RED & SORE for a week! Some parents go as far as using frying pans and extension cords, but that constitutes as child abuse, which is completely inexcusable.

Depending on how you were raised, you understood the terminology and trigger words that they used to clarify that you're getting an ASS WHOOPIN'. Whether it was the board of education, a belt, a switch, or whatever terminology they used... that shit really hurts, man. Some of you just received timeouts as a kid; you're one of the lucky ones because they let you off the hook, easy.

[Image: nnw11Y8.jpg]

On the other hand, there were those (like myself) who grew up in the 90s-00s, and had parents that believed in ASS WHOOPINS', and let me tell you guys... it was not a fun time. I was glad to grow up and be done with that shit. Whenever the teacher called your parents from school and told them that you were acting out in class, or you got expelled, you knew you were in for a rough ride from mom or dad when you got home 😫

[Image: nfH1eCR.jpg]

If your parents are believers in DISCIPLINING children, then it's because they've received them themselves, and they were taught to do the same to you, should you act out. You know you've ****ed up whenever they tell you to go wait in your room (in an ANGRY tone of voice) and you hear that belt buckle rattling. You either made up a lie and said "it wasn't my fault" (if you have siblings), said some curse words that landed you in HOT water, or you tried to run away and hide from responsibilities that they gave you. At the end of it all, your methods were going to fail, eventually, and you'd still get your ASS BEAT.

I think the Generation Xers, Baby Boomers, and Silent Generations called it "lighting FIRE🔥 to your ASS!"

Whether it was a strike to the palm of the hands with a ruler, a shoe to the ass, a HARD slap to the face, or whatever the case may be, it was their HARD dose of medicine to teach you right from wrong. Now of course, not everyone here is going to agree with this for different reasons, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. How would you recommend DISCIPLINE to a child who disobeys authority?... talk to them, put them in timeout, take away their privileges? - they're probably just going to act out again because these forms of punishment are very light in comparison to corporal punishment, based off of my experience.

I don't agree or disagree with corporal punishment; I'm just stating the facts, based on what I've seen from the STATISTICS.

[Image: 8ULd1GW.jpg]

Reasoning with them to get out of an ASS WHOOPIN' would probably work 1/10 times because they were already irritated with you to begin with, and they've given you multiple chances to get your shit together, but you've failed all of them. Worse case scenario is that you start using fake tears to get out of that situation, only to make things worse.

[Image: DDKStZm.jpg]

Before 1977, there was no issue with teachers DISCIPLINING students for bad behavior. Nowadays, we're experiencing a different generation of people who call it "making the child retarded", or preventing he or she from "being successful" in life. After the Ingraham v. Wright court case, they've decided that schools giving students corporal punishment is highly admissible, and does not violate the eighth amendment. They've also attempted to argue whether students should receive corporal punishment in schools or not.

Even though it's banned in 31 states (thanks to that court case), it's still allowed in 19 states of America. Back then, you were labeled as someone who is a recalcitrant person. Nowadays, psychologists argue against this and say that you're making your child more aggressive, retarded, and delayed in school.

Whether you agree or disagree with children getting DISCIPLINED by their parents or even schools, I'd love for you to share your thoughts or even past experiences based on how your parents DISCIPLINED you as a kid.

BONUS

View this video at your own discretion to gain a better understanding of how schools still DISCIPLINE kids for inappropriate behavior.

SOURCES

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • ExplosionZ, Master Raiden
It's abuse and just continues a vicious cycle of "I dealt with this, now you deal with it" in a lot of cases. It can also cause children to become very resentful of their parents. It should be outlawed entirely both at school and at home.
á
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Master Raiden, Subside
(22nd March 2023, 6:37 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: It's abuse and just continues a vicious cycle of "I dealt with this, now you deal with it" in a lot of cases. It can also cause children to become very resentful of their parents. It should be outlawed entirely both at school and at home.

So, what's your best option instead of disciplining children with corporal punishment? Because it seems like a lot of kids are getting out of hand and becoming very disrespectful to parents, teachers, and people who are older than them, nowadays.
(22nd March 2023, 7:30 PM)Different Wrote: So, what's your best option instead of disciplining children with corporal punishment? Because it seems like a lot of kids are getting out of hand and becoming very disrespectful to parents, teachers, and people who are older than them, nowadays.
Kids shouldn't respect someone just because the person is older than them.
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
(22nd March 2023, 8:15 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Kids shouldn't respect someone just because the person is older than them.

Let's agree to disagree because that's just like someone saying that a 15 or 16 year old shouldn't respect someone who's in their late 20's or earlier 30's, even if they're old enough to be their parents. You see how twisted it sounds? Wouldn't you want them to respect you, too?
(22nd March 2023, 9:01 PM)Different Wrote: Let's agree to disagree because that's just like someone saying that a 15 or 16 year old shouldn't respect someone who's in their late 20's or earlier 30's, even if they're old enough to be their parents. You see how twisted it sounds? Wouldn't you want them to respect you, too?
No I wouldn't want them to respect me just because I'm older, it means nothing. 
You should just respect people as people, age shouldn't have anything to do with this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Lego-man945, Master Raiden, tadtad
(22nd March 2023, 9:08 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: No I wouldn't want them to respect me just because I'm older, it means nothing
You should just respect people as people, age shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Yes, it does. Even though you're making the argument that they should respect you as people, age can still play as one of the factors in this.
(22nd March 2023, 7:30 PM)Different Wrote: So, what's your best option instead of disciplining children with corporal punishment? Because it seems like a lot of kids are getting out of hand and becoming very disrespectful to parents, teachers, and people who are older than them, nowadays.

Give them detention if school
Make them sit at the bottom of the stairs or elsewhere for a while if home
á
(22nd March 2023, 9:28 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Give them detention if school
Make them sit at the bottom of the stairs or elsewhere for a while if home

Idk, man. They might see that as light punishment and decide to act out, again. Things are totally different, now. Back in the 90-00s, I was beaten with a belt until I turned 13.
(22nd March 2023, 9:27 PM)Different Wrote: Yes, it does. Even though you're making the argument that they should respect you as people, age can still play as one of the factors in this.
I've met more disrespectful middle aged people than teenagers and I'm pretty sure attitudes similar to the one you have regarding teenagers and respect plays a huge factor in that because they approach kids/teens with the idea that they are better than them. 
Show everyone basic respect regardless of age or status, not that complicated.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945
(22nd March 2023, 9:33 PM)Different Wrote: Idk, man. They might see that as light punishment and decide to act out, again. Things are totally different, now. Back in the 90-00s, I was beaten with a belt until I turned 13.

I mean there are other things too
- Taking away games/internet (aside from possibly schoolwork which would be supervised) for a portion of time
- If they get pocket money for being good, reducing or removing that for a week or other period of time
á
(22nd March 2023, 9:39 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: I've met more disrespectful middle aged people than teenagers and I'm pretty sure attitudes similar to the one you have regarding teenagers and respect plays a huge factor in that because they approach kids/teens with the idea that they are better than them. 
Show everyone basic respect regardless of age or status, not that complicated.

That's not my point, though. My point in making reference to the age thing is that even though they're old enough to be your parents, you should also respect them because they're wiser than you and they can teach you things that you don't already know. If they're displaying disrespectful actions, then don't use them as role models. That's like your parents telling you not to curse around them, even though they curse themselves.

These people that you're talking about are just ignorant, anyways.

(22nd March 2023, 9:43 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I mean there are other things too
- Taking away games/internet (aside from possibly schoolwork which would be supervised) for a portion of time
- If they get pocket money for being good, reducing or removing that for a week or other period of time

That's a good start, but then you gotta consider the kids that have drug problems, get physical with parents and teachers, join gangs... you know, all the bad things that could potentially happen.
(22nd March 2023, 9:43 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I mean there are other things too
There's also the possibility of examining why the kids act out, finding the root of the problem and dealing with them in healthy ways. 
Therapy is a good choice. My grade school had a school therapist which is really neat. Parents should also be more open for the idea of getting their children visits to a therapist
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Master Raiden, tadtad
(22nd March 2023, 9:46 PM)Different Wrote: That's not my point, though. My point in making reference to the age thing is that even though they're old enough to be your parents, you should also respect them because they're wiser than you and they can teach you things that you don't already know. If they're displaying disrespectful actions, then don't use them as role models. That's like your parents telling you not to curse around them, even though they curse themselves.

These people that you're talking about are just ignorant, anyways.
Age doesn't guarantee wisdom.
(22nd March 2023, 9:50 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Age doesn't guarantee wisdom.

Naturally, it does. You'll find out when you get older. If it doesn't, then something's wrong. Also, what's your take on parents disciplining children? I've learned a few things from you before, but you've never said whether they should or shouldn't. I'm trying to keep this thread going because these conversations with you guys, are interesting to me.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
(22nd March 2023, 9:52 PM)Different Wrote: Naturally, it does. You'll find out when you get older. If it doesn't, then something's wrong. Also, what's your take on parents disciplining children? I'm trying to keep this thread going because these conversations with you guys, are interesting to me.
How old are you? Wisdom is not an automatic process that comes with age, people can grow old and ignorant if they don't educate themselves as time passes.

I don't think you should ever hit your children as a discipline. Teachers should also never hit children to address that point. If I had a child and I found out a teacher had hit them I'd knock said teacher out.
(22nd March 2023, 9:56 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: How old are you? Wisdom is not an automatic process that comes with age, people can grow old and ignorant if they don't educate themselves as time passes.

Then, where do you think wisdom comes from? It's been said by a lot of people that you gain wisdom, the older you get. Ask anyone in their 30s and up, they'll tell you. People choose to be ignorant, but they still have wisdom instilled in them, naturally.
(22nd March 2023, 10:02 PM)Different Wrote: Then, where do you think wisdom comes from? It's been said by a lot of people that you gain wisdom, the older you get. Ask anyone in their 30s and up, they'll tell you. People choose to be ignorant, but they still have wisdom instilled in them, naturally.
Like I said, age doesn't guarantee wisdom if you don't seek out education. Keep a person locked up inside a box for the first 40 years of their life and release them into the world do you think that person is automatically wiser than a 17 year old?
(22nd March 2023, 10:06 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: Like I said, age doesn't guarantee wisdom if you don't seek out education. Keep a person locked up inside a box for the first 40 years of their life and release them into the world do you think that person is automatically wiser than a 17 year old?

When they lose connections with the real world, then their wisdom isn't as great as it could be. But, it's only certain circumstances like that (including not educating themselves) that limit their wisdom, though. I see the point you're making, but I'm referring to the people who've been around longer and have experience, even though yes, a lot of them are educated.
(22nd March 2023, 10:14 PM)Different Wrote: When they lose connections with the real world, then their wisdom isn't as great as it could be. But, it's only certain circumstances like that (including not educating themselves) that limit their wisdom, though. I see the point you're making, but I'm referring to the people who've been around longer and have experience, even though yes, a lot of them are educated.
I don't agree that age should count to ones respect of a person.

Much like kids should not trust everyone that's older than them just because they are older.