Poll: Do you agree with parents & teachers taking corporal punishment, disciplinary actions towards children, or is it child abuse?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolutely! Children need an ASS WHOOPIN’, especially nowadays!
10.00%
1 10.00%
No, I don’t think so. It makes the child, retarded and delayed in school.
10.00%
1 10.00%
As someone who has received them myself, I think they should be admissible no matter what. Especially nowadays.
0%
0 0%
No, I don’t think so. Corporal punishment is just a very HARSH way of discipling a child for bad behavior. I think there are other ways to get the job done. This is child abuse!
70.00%
7 70.00%
Don’t listen to these brain-dead psychologists tell you anything different. Corporal punishment is the best form of medicine.
0%
0 0%
I disagree with belts, the board of education, spankings, and anything else that goes with it. Figure out safer ways to get the job done.
0%
0 0%
While I agree with corporal punishment because sometimes that’s what it takes to get the job done, I also disagree because it’s a cruel form of punishment, depending upon what you use.
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DISCIPLINE! 😫😰🔥⚠️
@Different Disciplining a child, physically for bad behavior isn't the answer. Not only is it going to force the child to resent their parents one day, it'll make them run away from home because of this. If you're so worried about your child acting out and being disrespectful towards you, then the problem is most likely you and the way you're raising your child.

I think we can all agree that you think that the only method used to discipline a child is to spank or hit them because that's how you were raised. Don't you think you could benefit from talking to a therapist or psychologist who could help guide you towards some different forms of discipline that don't involve a child resenting you?

Man, my ex-girlfriend used to hit her child for some petty shit in front of me, and I couldn't stand it. So, I told her ass off because it was child abuse.

On the other hand, I think you need to consider some important quotes from this article first, before you decide to play the victim and pretend that you weren't having biased opinions based on children being disciplined:

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/05/physical-discipline

Here's some important quotes from this article will help you understand my perspective:

"Researchers found that spanking can elevate a child's aggression levels as well as diminish quality of the parent-child relationship."

"Parents who use physical discipline may be teaching their child to resolve conflicts with physical aggression."

"The purpose of this resolution is to promote effective forms of discipline for parents that don't contribute to antisocial behaviors, aggression and trust issues." "Children do not need pain to learn," -Gershoff

"Physical discipline does not improve behavior and can lead to emotional, behavioral and academic problems over time, even after race, gender and family socioeconomic status have been statistically controlled."

"Rather, parents need to give their children guidance about what to do differently, what is known as "time out from positive reinforcement (TOPR)." This technique makes time-out an opportunity to regroup and think about how to do better next time." 

Also, THIS is what happens when parents get carried away with disciplining their child. If you'll notice, the boy had disciplinary issues because of his mother deciding to discipline him with an electric cord instead of giving him a simple timeout or seeking counseling.

So, yeah man. I'm curious to know what you think of this.
(22nd April 2023, 2:41 PM)Subside Wrote: @Different Disciplining a child, physically for bad behavior isn't the answer. Not only is it going to force the child to resent their parents one day, it'll make them run away from home because of this. If you're so worried about your child acting out and being disrespectful towards you, then the problem is most likely you and the way you're raising your child.

I think we can all agree that you think that the only method used to discipline a child is to spank or hit them because that's how you were raised. Don't you think you could benefit from talking to a therapist or psychologist who could help guide you towards some different forms of discipline that don't involve a child resenting you?

Man, my ex-girlfriend used to hit her child for some petty shit in front of me, and I couldn't stand it. So, I told her ass off because it was child abuse.

On the other hand, I think you need to consider some important quotes from this article first, before you decide to play the victim and pretend that you weren't having biased opinions based on children being disciplined:

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/05/physical-discipline

Here's some important quotes from this article will help you understand my perspective:

"Researchers found that spanking can elevate a child's aggression levels as well as diminish quality of the parent-child relationship."

"Parents who use physical discipline may be teaching their child to resolve conflicts with physical aggression."

"The purpose of this resolution is to promote effective forms of discipline for parents that don't contribute to antisocial behaviors, aggression and trust issues." "Children do not need pain to learn," -Gershoff

"Physical discipline does not improve behavior and can lead to emotional, behavioral and academic problems over time, even after race, gender and family socioeconomic status have been statistically controlled."

"Rather, parents need to give their children guidance about what to do differently, what is known as "time out from positive reinforcement (TOPR)." This technique makes time-out an opportunity to regroup and think about how to do better next time." 

Also, THIS is what happens when parents get carried away with disciplining their child. If you'll notice, the boy had disciplinary issues because of his mother deciding to discipline him with an electric cord instead of giving him a simple timeout or seeking counseling.

So, yeah man. I'm curious to know what you think of this.

Look, my mind is already made up. I've seen the outcomes of what happens when you do and don't discipline children alright. Let's face it pal, some kids could benefit from it and some don't. I wanted to let this go a long time ago, but you saw fit to bring it up, so I'll address this issue one more time and simplify things.

If your child is a misbehaved monster ready to rule you, and all those other methods that you just mentioned doesn't work, then you have no choice but to discipline them. I want you to sit their, ponder, and imagine a worse case scenario where all your methods (except for disciplining a child) doesn't seem to work. Then what do you do?

Just imagine a worse case scenario where your 12 year old son decides to get physical with you. He pressed you up and the only thing you can do is use colorful language instead of harsh discipline?... Give me a break. Look, man, I don't like beating children either, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do in spite of how you feel.
(22nd April 2023, 7:50 PM)Different Wrote: Look, my mind is already made up. I've seen the outcomes of what happens when you do and don't discipline children alright. Let's face it pal, some kids could benefit from it and some don't. I wanted to let this go a long time ago, but you saw fit to bring it up, so I'll address this issue one more time and simplify things.

If your child is a misbehaved monster ready to rule you, and all those other methods that you just mentioned doesn't work, then you have no choice but to discipline them. I want you to sit their, ponder, and imagine a worse case scenario where all your methods (except for disciplining a child) doesn't seem to work. Then what do you do?

Just imagine a worse case scenario where your 12 year old son decides to get physical with you. He pressed you up and the only thing you can do is use colorful language instead of harsh discipline?... Give me a break. Look, man, I don't like beating children either, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do in spite of how you feel.

And what if the beatings don't stop the kid from misbehaving, what do you do then?
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
(22nd April 2023, 8:37 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: And what if the beatings don't stop the kid from misbehaving, what do you do then?

It really disintegrates down to how you're raising your child and what you're exposing them to - such as video games, television, etc. I've seen a lot of kids who continue to receive beatings for bad behavior and for some reason it doesn't seem to affect them.

Everyone is different, so at that point, perhaps a more harsher lesson might do the trick. Depending on the age, get them into that "Sacred Straight" program or something similar, and let them see what happens to misbehaved delinquents, if counseling and therapy isn't enough. Some kids just need a harsh, reality wakeup call before they ever learn.
(21st April 2023, 8:56 AM)Different Wrote: @*Izi-Blissers* I'm curious to know what you think of disciplining children, since you have a child and you've also taught children as well 🤔

As a parent, I have never resorted to physically hurting my children or the children in my care due to their 'bad' behaviour. Some children are harder to deal with due to their history, their mental health, physical attributes etc.
If an adult needs to resort to physical harm on a defenseless child then that adult has failed to safguard the child and fulfil their duty too protect and raise.

There is one thing I can say with confidence, as a child myself who was mentally and physically abused, my behaviour was due to underlying problems. I became afraid of my parents, I was scared to tell teachers, I was scared to ask for anything. You don't make children fear you, the moment they show signs of fear, a parent has failed. I ran away from home, I self harmed, became suicidal because of my childhood. You can't put a child through that just because you as a grown adult couldn't keep your hands to yourself

A relationship with a child should be solely based on love, trust, and honesty. You break that then you shouldn't be allowed near children. Yes we all get angry and frustrated at children who choose to cause chaos, yes children don't listen but at the same time as adults, don't we do the exact same? If we are allowed to show our feelings without anybody making us feel a certain way then why do we shut children down for doing the same?

Children are odd beings, they show their feelings in so many different ways! If a child is acting up and you feel the need to smack them to stop them, just think for a second. How would you feel in a situation where you were frustrated so you slammed a door and started screaming and someone came up to you and started to smack you, screamed at you to shut up, called you horrible names and dragged you into your bed and shut the door?
It isn't nice is it. Then why do some people do it to children?
Because it's a power trip! An adult who feels they are superiror to a child are just pure scum of the earth. These little humans have spent mere 5 minutes on this planet and we expect so much from them and when they don't get it right we punish them. No! This is wrong!

The strategies I use with my children, my foster child, and the children I used to work with inside the school were:
-Give the child space and time to evaluate the situation and calm down.
-Approach the child when they seem calmer and help them identify the problem/cause of their behaviour.
-Use punishment where applicable such as time out, no electronics, groundings, calling home, parent meeting, family meeting, no pocket money etc.
-Approach when you are also calm and collective of your own emotions and thoughts; there is no point talking when both parties are still worked up and highly likely to clash again.
-Apologise. There is nothing more powerful than an adult who says sorry to a child when they have been in th wrong.

Now say we are talking about children who are showing psychopathic behaviour, children who show interest in hurting others or themselves, what do we do then? In this case I would agree with using physical force to stop the child, not hit them but to use force to stop them during episodes. These children don't belong with the general public in a school, nor do they belong in a house where vulnerable children also reside. This is the case where the only help you can give the child is seeking support from police and mental health team. Too many children are neglected mentally and they become horrible adults because nobody taught them any better, nobody helped them.

As adults it is our job to look after all children around us, whether you see a child receiving a slap/punch in public, stand up for that kid! Too much abuse is normalised and these innocent beings are dying by the hands of their carers. There's enough on the news about kids dying, the system letting them down, if it takes you as an adult to report and help a child suffering, then you have done good for that little life.
Adults need to do better!
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different, Lego-man945, Uptight 534, ~JBG~
what the heck is this thread? this is the first time seeing it and I wish I didn't.

So many bad takes in here Different. This issue is literally summed up in the phrase: violence is never the answer.

Different, answer me this, when you grew up and apparently everyone used corporal punishment, weren't there still bratty kids who thought they could do whatever they wanted to and talked back to their parents? you're getting caught up in it now because you're old enough to notice these people whereas before they were your peers and thus less noticeable.

You also say not to rely on the government at all, but chances are you went to a public school, got student aid if you went to college, and are signed up for social security (I found that side tangent laughable lol, attempting to change the topic once you realize that you are in the minority is sad). I also find it funny that you are disagreeing with people who agreed with you that you should take what the government says with a grain of salt. It isn't a crime though for independent findings to coincide with government findings lol. Research is research.

I also thought your statistics were funny. Let's run a little test, shall we? If everyone thought that throwing cats in a blender was a fun and awesome pastime, would it make it ok? Now apply that same logic to this. They're all in the wrong.

When I was younger, all my friends who would receive corporal punishment had it happen all the time for the stupidest of reasons (like forgetting to put a bike in the backyard). It seemed like parents who did it would find any chance they could to do it again. I remember this one friend, his dad would brag about all the horrible punishments he did. As a child, I thought these stories were funny; now that I'm older, I realize just how messed up it was.

Personally, I think proper parenting comes down to instilling proper values in children, and that starts with being a proper rolemodel.
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
(19th May 2023, 3:25 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Different, answer me this, when you grew up and apparently everyone used corporal punishment, weren't there still bratty kids who thought they could do whatever they wanted to and talked back to their parents? you're getting caught up in it now because you're old enough to notice these people whereas before they were your peers and thus less noticeable.

Those kids eventually ended up in jail and started doing drugs, didn't they? I'm old enough to notice every generation is failing to raise their kids, which is why we have more gun violence, huh? This is what I want you to ponder, ok? - Tell me why is it that the level of violence has increased since the 2010s?... Explain that to me.

(19th May 2023, 3:25 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: You also say not to rely on the government at all, but chances are you went to a public school, got student aid if you went to college, and are signed up for social security (I found that side tangent laughable lol, attempting to change the topic once you realize that you are in the minority is sad).

Stop defending a small group of people who don't give a shit about us. Do you honestly think this is funny, man? You see, this is why I said there's no hope for your generation because of the way you guys think. If you keep this up, AI is going to destroy you, and everyone else who defends them writing these BS laws that are set up to destroy us (don't even get me started on that).

(19th May 2023, 3:25 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I also find it funny that you are disagreeing with people who agreed with you that you should take what the government says with a grain of salt. It isn't a crime though for independent findings to coincide with government findings lol. Research is research.

No one agreed with me, period. Go back and read those comments from them. They ridiculed me and insulted my intelligence because they honestly believe that the government is on their side. They live in this invisible, fantasyland-bubble that blinds them from reality; it's called weak thinking.

(19th May 2023, 3:25 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I also thought your statistics were funny. Let's run a little test, shall we? If everyone thought that throwing cats in a blender was a fun and awesome pastime, would it make it ok? Now apply that same logic to this. They're all in the wrong.

Just quit while you're ahead.

(19th May 2023, 3:25 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: When I was younger, all my friends who would receive corporal punishment had it happen all the time for the stupidest of reasons (like forgetting to put a bike in the backyard). It seemed like parents who did it would find any chance they could to do it again. I remember this one friend, his dad would brag about all the horrible punishments he did. As a child, I thought these stories were funny; now that I'm older, I realize just how messed up it was.

Personally, I think proper parenting comes down to instilling proper values in children, and that starts with being a proper rolemodel.

Well, I think there should be boundaries placed between when it's ok and not ok to punish someone for asinine BS. Shit, I got punished for asinine BS, too. Do I agree with it?... sometimes no. If I deserved it, yes. Yeah kids do end up resenting their parents, and honestly I wish we didn't have to receive ass whoopins' as a form of punishment for wrongful behavior.... but if you notice that giving that child an ass whoopin' gives you the highest level of outcomes, then take it.

If that child resents you, then explain why you did it. Once they understand why you did it, eventually they'll get used to it and obey authority. Everyone is different because we've all got our demons. I think parents punish their children because they don't want to see them end up in jail, or dead somewhere. Yeah, it stings the shit out of people, and I don't agree with it sometimes, but if that method gives the best outcomes, then use it.
(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Those kids eventually ended up in jail and started doing drugs, didn't they? I'm old enough to notice every generation is failing to raise their kids, which is why we have more gun violence, huh? This is what I want you to ponder, ok? - Tell me why is it that the level of violence has increased since the 2010s?... Explain that to me.

Who knows? Why do you just assume the worst happened to them?
58% of gun violence is suicide, there must be a reason for that, right?
Violent crime rates are lower than they were in 2010. I will admit they have increased in recent years, but that wouldn't be a reason to hit your kids (which has been proven like 4 times in this thread alone to make your child more likely to solve problems with violence). If anything, I'd say what you're suggesting makes violent crimes more likely.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Stop defending a small group of people who don't give a shit about us. Do you honestly think this is funny, man? You see, this is why I said there's no hope for your generation because of the way you guys think. If you keep this up, AI is going to destroy you, and everyone else who defends them writing these BS laws that are set up to destroy us (don't even get me started on that).

I didn't lol. You're just delusional if you think I'm defending the government here. Just saying that you can come to the same results as the government does not mean I'm defending it.
You don't even know what generation I'm from, so go take your assumptions elsewhere.
LOL, another person scared that AI will take over. I bet you follow Elon Musk and take every word he says as gospel.
You realize that every person in office is there because we voted them in, right? To have a vote is to have power. If there's a law that you don't like, get enough people together to threaten with that power.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: No one agreed with me, period. Go back and read those comments from them. They ridiculed me and insulted my intelligence because they honestly believe that the government is on their side. They live in this invisible, fantasyland-bubble that blinds them from reality; it's called weak thinking.

Yeah, no one agreed with you, including the parent. They didn't do it because you think the government is some sort of boogeyman, they did it because you kept using the same argument over and over again and just kept throwing out any evidence that was brought against your points because tHe GoVeRnMeNt Is AfTeR uS aLl. Their sources weren't even from the government; however, you'd know that if you actually looked at them. The APA for example is a group of individuals who banded together to keep psychology held to strong morals.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Just quit while you're ahead.

No, I don't think I will

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: Well, I think there should be boundaries placed between when it's ok and not ok to punish someone for asinine BS. Shit, I got punished for asinine BS, too. Do I agree with it?... sometimes no. If I deserved it, yes. Yeah kids do end up resenting their parents, and honestly I wish we didn't have to receive ass whoopins' as a form of punishment for wrongful behavior.... but if you notice that giving that child an ass whoopin' gives you the highest level of outcomes, then take it.

And where is that threshold? How would it be enforced? This argument makes no logical sense.
You're just proving our point that people who do it, do it as more of a power play than anything else.
Except that it's been proven that corporal punishment results in long-term problems. The problem with many people today is that they live in the short-term and would rather push problems off til later when they get too large to fix and cause irreparable damage.

(19th May 2023, 11:07 AM)Different Wrote: If that child resents you, then explain why you did it. Once they understand why you did it, eventually they'll get used to it and obey authority. Everyone is different because we've all got our demons. I think parents punish their children because they don't want to see them end up in jail, or dead somewhere. Yeah, it stings the shit out of people, and I don't agree with it sometimes, but if that method gives the best outcomes, then use it.

I find it funny how you talk about not trusting the government but then in the same post talk about the need to obey authority and make children good little drones who do what they're told out of fear.
(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Who knows? Why do you just assume the worst happened to them?
58% of gun violence is suicide, there must be a reason for that, right?
Violent crime rates are lower than they were in 2010. I will admit they have increased in recent years, but that wouldn't be a reason to hit your kids (which has been proven like 4 times in this thread alone to make your child more likely to solve problems with violence). If anything, I'd say what you're suggesting makes violent crimes more likely.

Because I've heard it time and time again on the news and articles, and it's ridiculous. These people are coming from broken homes who's parents do a pathetic job of raising them because they're incompetent themselves. Every new generation, the crime rate skyrockets. The crime rate has increased in the last decade, not 'recent years'.

How does it make violent crimes worse? What's worse is using weak ass forms of punishment on misbehaved kids. I've seen the outcomes of that, and every single time, those kids would walk all over their parents because those parents were too weak-minded to hit their kids.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I didn't lol. You're just delusional if you think I'm defending the government here. Just saying that you can come to the same results as the government does not mean I'm defending it.

It sure as hell sounds like you were headed in that direction.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: You don't even know what generation I'm from, so go take your assumptions elsewhere.
LOL, another person scared that AI will take over. I bet you follow Elon Musk and take every word he says as gospel.
You realize that every person in office is there because we voted them in, right? To have a vote is to have power. If there's a law that you don't like, get enough people together to threaten with that power.

You're probably a Gen-Z. Why don't you stop trying to convince me that what you're saying works because I've literally seen the poor outcomes of it. I don't see how the hell you think this is funny. AI is quickly taking over peoples' jobs, while you're sitting here living in that fantasyland bubble where everything is lovely, right?

Also, what's this 'we' stuff you speak of? Do you really think our vote counts? Where are you getting your sources from, because this sounds really weak. It's amazing to me how they've managed to manipulate a large mass of people into believing what they want you to believe.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Yeah, no one agreed with you, including the parent. They didn't do it because you think the government is some sort of boogeyman, they did it because you kept using the same argument over and over again and just kept throwing out any evidence that was brought against your points because tHe GoVeRnMeNt Is AfTeR uS aLl.

I don't care about whether they agreed with me or not. Also, I could care less why they did or didn't do it, quite frankly. No, they did it because they're trying to get me to adopt their way of thinking, which I refuse to do because I've seen the poor outcomes of it.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Their sources weren't even from the government; however, you'd know that if you actually looked at them. The APA for example is a group of individuals who banded together to keep psychology held to strong morals.

I looked at those sources and it sounds like a bunch of weak-minded, liberal idiots who choose to be subservient to a small group of ass-clowns, who plan on turning the world into a one world government. So, yeah, they're from the government because they're told to manipulate the masses into adopting methods that produce poor outcomes.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: And where is that threshold? How would it be enforced? This argument makes no logical sense.
You're just proving our point that people who do it, do it as more of a power play than anything else.
Except that it's been proven that corporal punishment results in long-term problems. The problem with many people today is that they live in the short-term and would rather push problems off til later when they get too large to fix and cause irreparable damage.

All you need to do is analyze what kind of mischief activity the child got involved in. If it's something light, then it may not be considered as corporal punishment. But, if it's something that's going to lead to a dark path, then you're going to have to take drastic measures. It doesn't make sense to you because you surround yourselves with people who brainwash you into NWO thinking.

If your child got to be 13 years old, and he was cursing you out, joined a gang, and started getting physical with you, you'd probably use weak forms of punishment instead of using corporal because you listen to these braindead psychologists, who are probably fragile to begin with. Children don't obey authority (meaning what's right) because their parents used poor methods to discipline them.

You know what a child will do when they've missed behaved and their parents used weak methods of discipline on them? - They'll think, 'this is nothing, I can do it again'. I've seen it time and time again. All this violence started from home because parents failed to use the most crucial form of punishment, and they've neglected their kids.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: This argument makes no logical sense.

No, your argument makes no logical sense. It sounds like you'd rather do everything but go to that one route that could actually save your child from getting into serious trouble down the road. The only people who do it as a power play are the ones who use abusive power, not the good parents who are trying to set good examples for their kids.

(19th May 2023, 7:49 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: I find it funny how you talk about not trusting the government but then in the same post talk about the need to obey authority and make children good little drones who do what they're told out of fear.

You find everything I say is funny because you think this is a joke. I'm not joking around with you. I'm trying to teach you that what you believe is actually false reality. Also, I'm talking about obeying authority when they're in the right, not the wrong. I never said you had to obey absolutely everything.

Man, I'm done discussing this subject. I could care less whether you keep going on or not. I'm tired of trying to explain what's right and wrong to someone who is psychologically brainwashed by a small group of people who spread lies to the public through television, garbage articles, and anything else. It's called subconscious programming.

You're literally absorbing all these poisonous, subliminal messages from idiots who are probably doomed to a life of despair for being submissive to a darker power. Go ahead and reply back, I could care less, really. It's not gonna work on me because I've already seen the outcomes of what you're implying, I'm ahead of time mentally and spiritually, and I already know what you're thinking before you even reply because your mind has been enslaved by dark spirits who quietly tell you what to say and think. Every time that happens, and you listen, you're quickly sticking a nail in the coffin.

Like I said earlier, there's no hope for this generation because their brains have been slaughtered and served on a silver platter to a secret society who DOES NOT give a shit about us! Wake up, before it's too late! People refuse to use critical thinking because they've decided to take on a dark path where their brains are hardwired to accept things that are false reality.

So, go ahead and reply back because I 'probably' won't.
lmao yo @Different if these are your true opinions then you are a certified idiot.
(19th May 2023, 10:05 PM)~JBG~ Wrote: lmao yo @Different if these are your true opinions then you are a certified idiot.

You know what, If I didn't create this thread, then you'd honestly have no reason (other than the Pr2 contests) to reply, or even exist on JV; think about it, Einstein 💡 Without this thread, your relevancy on JV is starting to grow thin 🤔
From now on, anybody who replies back to me for any reason on this thread, I'm done replying back to you. I don't care what you think of me, or any other asinine theories about what you have to say about what I think, that you come up with. Go ahead and reply; I probably won't read it anyways.
"Every new generation the crime rate skyrockets" lol, objectively wrong. Just look at almost any crime over time graph.

Not even a decade, it's only increased since 2014. and not even that much until you throw 2020 into the mix (which once again was a catalyst for crime).

Continue to ignore every single study done on the matter that shows that beating your child into submission to make them good little subservient drones makes them more violent and as a result increases violent crime. I pity your bloodline should you choose to continue it. You can be strict without being a horrible human being, but apparently, nobody ever instilled that value in you.

Ah yes, because saying that you should take what the government says with a grain of salt means that you should listen to their every word. Definitely leads in that direction. One of the stupidest things you've got hung up on lol.

Why should I stop trying to convince you? You've literally given zero evidence to support your claim other than that parents say they beat their children thus invalidating your entire point that people aren't hard enough on their kids. Your entire premise is destroyed by the one source you brought up.

You've seen the outcomes? You've personally watched each and every family and how they raise their child? You've also failed to mention the fact that many of these resentful children you mention also end up doing the things you claim children with decent childhoods do.

As for AI, you're wrong. You are aware that there is an excess of over 4 million jobs in the U.S. alone, right? We literally need something to fill in those gaps, so thank goodness AI is quickly taking them over. Not to mention the fact that it's actively creating new jobs by becoming such a large industry. When it comes to this stuff, I'm a utilitarian, and under that mindset, AI is nothing but a net positive for society. Already it's helping farmers get up to 20% more yield from their farms. I don't see why you're so concerned about it. Machine learning has been around for a while now, people have only gotten scared now that it's mainstream.

We, as in the people of America (at least in my case). Every vote counts. If you had paid attention in government class instead of watching conspiracy theories about why the moon landing was fake and the government is out to turn you into a furry then you would have known that. This is especially true on the local level which is where it really counts as a single vote can be the difference between winning or losing an election.

Ah yes, I need a source to talk about how a republic works. They are only there because the people allow them to. If they don't do their job properly, the right to revolution exists.

On the topic of manipulation, if you get your sources from more than fox news you'd be a lot better educated. Just get sources from all different sides of an issue instead of following party lines. Simple.

Or you just instill proper morals in your child by being a decent human being and a good role model.

Idk, I think you're the brainwashed one here, but no, everyone else is stupid but you.

See, what you fail to see is that if you give your child a proper childhood, they wouldn't get into that mess in the first place. I've seen firsthand the results of both types of parenting styles. Let me tell you, the one you support has in every case I've seen resulted in the family falling apart and the children going haywire after they snapped. They stop caring about the punishment and become desensitized to it.

Your definition of authority is wrong. Authority is merely those who have power. This is why you should only respect authority if it is worthy of it (leading into your age argument lol).

Let's just ignore people who have specialized in studying how the human mind works their entire life to instead follow what this random person on the internet said. Would you listen to a fast food worker when it comes to designing a bridge? This is a stupid argument, get a new one.

Once again, every child I've seen who received corporal punishment became desensitized to it and it only made things worse. Maybe the reverse is true in this case? Children are misbehaving because the traditional methods of raising a kid don't work anymore and are outdated... I also like how you throw in "neglecting their kids" as if that's a side note. That's likely the biggest issue, neglect.

Already brought up how that only makes things worse in the long term so why would you do it.

I find everything you say funny not because the issue is a joke, but because your standpoint is a laughable joke. Why can't the inverse be true, why can't we help you out of your false reality?

Funny, according to you, children don't know what's right or wrong until it's been beaten into them with a stick so your point about obeying only good authority in this case is counterproductive to your argument.

Ah yes, because I definitely watch the news and don't do my own reason. Shut up man. I bet you call yourself a based red-pilled Neo. If by garbage articles you mean peer-reviewed research papers from reputable sources instead of mainstream news then I'm all for garbage articles.

Well, you're a lost cause. I thought you were just a poster of goofy articles but you actually believe the stuff that comes out of your own mouth. By the way, it's "I couldN'T care less" saying "I could care less" means that you do care some. Bro thinks he's the reincarnation of Buddha or something.

No, this generation just actively thinks for themselves and isn't afraid to do their own research and realize that the ways of the past have only put us in a vicious cycle of separation and death. They also aren't afraid to receive help from professionals, thousands of them (too many for every single one to be corrupt), who have specialized information on important issues.

I also still have no idea why you turned this into a political/government issue since this has nothing to do with that but instead with the medical field.
(20th May 2023, 1:55 AM)Lego-man945 Wrote: -snip-

I think the quotes in this post are broken
á
(19th May 2023, 10:28 PM)Different Wrote: From now on, anybody who replies back to me for any reason on this thread, I'm done replying back to you. I don't care what you think of me, or any other asinine theories about what you have to say about what I think, that you come up with. Go ahead and reply; I probably won't read it anyways.

[Image: QA8X8wx.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to ~JBG~ For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(20th May 2023, 6:56 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I think the quotes in this post are broken
Nah, I just didn't bother with them lol