Poll: If we didn’t have Google Maps, could you honestly tell me where you’re going?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I probably could. I’m pretty good with directions.
28.57%
2 28.57%
Oh God, no. I need my Google Maps, bruh!
14.29%
1 14.29%
I’m somewhat decent with directions, but then there are times when I know I’ll get stranded without Google Maps.
42.86%
3 42.86%
I’m the last person you want to ask for directions. We’d definitely be stranded because I’m clueless lol!
14.29%
1 14.29%
I can’t even drive yet, so I already know this is out of the question.
0%
0 0%
If I had to use a compass or even old school, paper maps, I’d shoot myself!
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

GOOGLE MAPS
[Image: 6SCYKH1.png]

Put that smart phone down for a second and think about what life was like without Google Maps over 18 years ago. If we didn't have Google Maps or anything even remotely similar to this, could you honestly tell me where you're going?... You have no clue, do you?

[Image: beXVrBE.jpg]

Look, if you were born in the 90s and up, then you probably didn't have to get accustomed to this because you had iPhones and android phones with Google Maps at your disposal when it was time for you to learn how to drive. Even though Google Maps was released in 2005, if you were 16 before, or around that time, then you had no choice but to use an OLD SCHOOL MAP.

Before 2005, you had to use those old school, paper maps to find your destination. Personally, I'm so glad I didn't have to use these because it would probably take me forever, not to mention people were using compasses as well. Unless you're giving me a map to find buried treasure, then just let me use Google Maps, instead.

[Image: hQH9cLL.jpg]

Just imagine not having Google Maps, then having to pullover on the side of the road to figure out where you're going. We truly don't realize how blessed we are to have Google Maps and smart phones because otherwise I bet a lot of you would be stranded in the middle of nowhere, out in the desert.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Typically I don't use it on-the-go, but I do sometimes use it before a journey if it's far or to look at random stuff
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(17th April 2023, 4:40 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Typically I don't use it on-the-go, but I do sometimes use it before a journey if it's far or to look at random stuff

Same here. If I can't figure out where I'm going, then I'll just rely on Google Maps to do the job for me.
(17th April 2023, 6:42 PM)Different Wrote: Same here. If I can't figure out where I'm going, then I'll just rely on Google Maps to do the job for me.

I usually just look for signs or ask ppl, although if I was somewhere else like a different country I would probably use it or something similar instead
á
(17th April 2023, 7:47 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I usually just look for signs or ask ppl, although if I was somewhere else like a different country I would probably use it or something similar instead

Yeah, signs are really helpful, especially on the highways. What's driving like in England? I bet it's probably less chaotic than America is. Also, I don't know if I could possibly get used to driving and turning on the left side of the road lol.
(17th April 2023, 7:52 PM)Different Wrote: Yeah, signs are really helpful, especially on the highways. What's driving like in England? I bet it's probably less chaotic than America is. Also, I don't know if I could possibly get used to driving and turning on the left side of the road lol.

Oh I don't drive I use the bus or the train, I mean in terms of walking around
á
I use google maps when I'm driving to a town or place I've never been, other than that I know my city very well like the back of my hand.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Izi-Blissers* For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Different
(21st April 2023, 4:46 AM)*Izi-Blissers* Wrote: I use google maps when I'm driving to a town or place I've never been, other than that I know my city very well like the back of my hand.

Yeah, that's mostly how I am too. It's like the longer you've been around a location, the more comfortable you get because your brain is adapting to everything, including any changes made to that city or town.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • *Izi-Blissers*
(21st April 2023, 8:52 AM)Different Wrote: Yeah, that's mostly how I am too. It's like the longer you've been around a location, the more comfortable you get because your brain is adapting to everything, including any changes made to that city or town.

Yeah you end up subconsciously taking it in, especially if you occasionally change up your route or look around
á
I would do fine without google maps (I use different map software)
i failed the mario twitter challenge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePizzaEater1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Different
I mean. I use G Maps to get to places I've never been before. I don't need it to get to my uusal routs. But I'm terrible at directions. Sooo somewhat inbetween.
I have ears.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to cremedefromage For This Useful Post:
  • Different
Remember back in the early 2000s when we had to print out MapQuest directions?
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Different
(19th September 2023, 6:04 PM)Mia Wrote: Remember back in the early 2000s when we had to print out MapQuest directions?

I'm not sure I ever recall having to do this 🤔 I think the older generation was doing a lot of that. Generation-X and older, and probably people born in the early to mid 80s as well.
(19th September 2023, 6:23 PM)Different Wrote: I'm not sure I ever recall having to do this 🤔 I think the older generation was doing a lot of that. Generation-X and older, and probably people born in the early to mid 80s as well.

Yeah, most of us are probably too young to have personally done that. I just remember being a young kid wanting to go somewhere and my mom saying "Hang on, let me print out some directions first."
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]