More F@H Prizes?
1 million is relatively easy. 100 million may be a little far fetched, but I think something at 50 million would be a happy medium. What if we put @David's new body idea at 50 million and then a rank token at 100 million?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • $hake Junt
I'm gonna have to agree with @Eternal here.

Nowadays the lower point values are pretty easy to get with multiple GPUs being able to fold over a million in a day.

Adding fillers where @AspectZero said seems a bit pointless to me because of that plus there aren't many options available for what to put in those gaps and people having 8+ permanent rank tokens is way OTT.

Even though 100 million is pretty high I think it is nice to have something being awarded there. I was maybe thinking of switching them around but then I think a 6th rank token at 50 million is too low.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(31st October 2019, 12:51 PM)Stxtics Wrote: I'm gonna have to agree with @Eternal here.

Nowadays the lower point values are pretty easy to get with multiple GPUs being able to fold over a million in a day.

Adding fillers where @AspectZero said seems a bit pointless to me because of that plus there aren't many options available for what to put in those gaps and people having 8+ permanent rank tokens is way OTT.

Even though 100 million is pretty high I think it is nice to have something being awarded there. I was maybe thinking of switching them around but then I think a 6th rank token at 50 million is too low.
And this is where I'm going to have to disagree.

Yeah it's easy to have multiple GPUs to fold 1+ mill PPD, but you again forget to realise that the majority of players that play PR2 are teenagers. The only people who will actually look to fold that are people who can AFFORD to.

I broke it down already using a GTX1080Ti as a base average as I don't know what a 2080Ti folds, however and i'll mention this part again. The future of this game is not clear with flash going out in December next year, and with an average of 1 mill PPD, you're looking at over 3 months just for a rank token which you'll be able to use for.. 9 months maybe?

If we're going to add prizes at this point, why not make them achievable by everyone? NOBODY is going to be attracted to a 10+ year old game if they have to spend months and months to get everything just to find out that the game may end with flash. As far as PRF goes, there's no certainty on that ever even being developed. There's a github but there's no visual of a working game in progress, just code.

If you want a game like this to grow, you NEED to stop hardlimiting the players in the way that you currently are, you need to let the players level up reasonably. Nobody wants to grind for months or years just to level up once and the few of us that do would appreciate a little bit of ****ing decency from the rest of the community instead of the non insightful posts from the likes of camer who have no idea how to grow a player base.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • AspectZero, gemj, ~JBG~
(31st October 2019, 1:22 PM)__ Wrote: And this is where I'm going to have to disagree.

Yeah it's easy to have multiple GPUs to fold 1+ mill PPD, but you again forget to realise that the majority of players that play PR2 are teenagers. The only people who will actually look to fold that are people who can AFFORD to.

I broke it down already using a GTX1080Ti as a base average as I don't know what a 2080Ti folds, however and i'll mention this part again. The future of this game is not clear with flash going out in December next year, and with an average of 1 mill PPD, you're looking at over 3 months just for a rank token which you'll be able to use for.. 9 months maybe?

If we're going to add prizes at this point, why not make them achievable by everyone? NOBODY is going to be attracted to a 10+ year old game if they have to spend months and months to get everything just to find out that the game may end with flash. As far as PRF goes, there's no certainty on that ever even being developed. There's a github but there's no visual of a working game in progress, just code.

If you want a game like this to grow, you NEED to stop hardlimiting the players in the way that you currently are, you need to let the players level up reasonably. Nobody wants to grind for months or years just to level up once and the few of us that do would appreciate a little bit of ****ing decency from the rest of the community instead of the non insightful posts from the likes of camer who have no idea how to grow a player base.

People have already ran the game code through some programs and it is playable :/
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(31st October 2019, 1:22 PM)__ Wrote: And this is where I'm going to have to disagree.

The majority of PR2 players are between 18-24 so that's not a good point.

Why do prizes need to be obtainable by everyone? No one looks at a game, see's a few prizes they can't reasonably obtain and decides "Well I can't get everything so I'm not going to play this". It's just a rank token, it's really not a big deal. Most people don't even have the 5th token let alone the 4th token, and I don't think they care all that much. It's just a little extra for the folks who are more dedicated.

To allow players to level up "reasonably" would require changing the EXP formula which is not going to happen and I think is a terrible idea anyway, save that for PRF.

I don't think camer was arguing there should be a token at 100 mil, I think he was arguing if there's going to be a prize at 100 mil that it should be a token rather than something like a new set. Also, calling someone ignorant for disagreeing with you is quite immature.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies
(31st October 2019, 5:36 PM)David Wrote: The majority of PR2 players are between 18-24 so that's not a good point.

Why do prizes need to be obtainable by everyone? No one looks at a game, see's a few prizes they can't reasonably obtain and decides "Well I can't get everything so I'm not going to play this". It's just a rank token, it's really not a big deal. Most people don't even have the 5th token let alone the 4th token, and I don't think they care all that much. It's just a little extra for the folks who are more dedicated.

To allow players to level up "reasonably" would require changing the EXP formula which is not going to happen and I think is a terrible idea anyway, save that for PRF.

I don't think camer was arguing there should be a token at 100 mil, I think he was arguing if there's going to be a prize at 100 mil that it should be a token rather than something like a new set. Also, calling someone ignorant for disagreeing with you is quite immature.
I'm not arguing for a rank token or a set. I'm arguing for something that will actually benefit the members who decide to fold for 3+ months or whatever. 

Regardless of age, I don't think anyone is going to spend thousands on PC parts and continous electricity usage to fold for a dead cause, especially if the price is a garbage set or one single rank token. There's no prestige to a set because eventually it will just be handed out to all the staff like usual and lose its value and rarity. If you're going to put something in the game to be earnt, it needs to be earnt.

That may sound hypocritical coming from me and by all means, go ahead and remove my parts. I don't even use half of them.

And yet again, this is where we have another discussion about it LITERALLY being impossible to level up past 80 something (i forget which rank) due to the exp formula. If you think it's a good idea then that's your opinion, however coming from myself and multiple others, it would be nice if we were physically able to reach the highest rank possible even if it's just for looks. 

Regardless, this community seems to be a circlejerk of hard limits and everyone sucking eachothers dicks so imma dip again.

Let me know if PRF blows up on the dead kongregate platform.

Later retards.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • ~JBG~
WOOOO, LP is big mad over a flash game : (((((((((
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Fresh Cookies, XeNo
bruh
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
á
we've obviously all forgotten that F@H is meant to aid medical research; we're literally arguing over how hard it should be to obtain pixels on a screen that exist purely as incentive to put time into aiding research.

come on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Fresh Cookies
What about a temporary rank token(s)/prize for if you done any work units in the past week/month
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Stxtics
(1st November 2019, 5:04 PM)bi3liu Wrote: What about a temporary rank token(s)/prize for if you done any work units in the past week/month

This is super good
cos then no matter how powerful your pc is you get rewarded for helping
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies
(1st November 2019, 5:04 PM)bi3liu Wrote: What about a temporary rank token(s)/prize for if you done any work units in the past week/month

That's not a bad idea actually, but I don't like the part of "any" work units, it'd be better to set a certain point goal in order to actually get some progress made towards f@h. Alternatively, instead of a point goal, it could be a goal to complete a certain number of work units which would make it more fair.

I'm kind of leaning towards having a work unit goal. It'd be cool if there were multiple tiers, like fold 20 work units a week to keep a new set and 50 work units a week to keep an additional rank token. Would have to do some testing of course to figure out what number of work units is fair for each prize
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Camer the Dragon
(1st November 2019, 6:26 PM)David Wrote: That's not a bad idea actually, but I don't like the part of "any" work units, it'd be better to set a certain point goal in order to actually get some progress made towards f@h. Alternatively, instead of a point goal, it could be a goal to complete a certain number of work units which would make it more fair.

I'm kind of leaning towards having a work unit goal. It'd be cool if there were multiple tiers, like fold 20 work units a week to keep a new set and 50 work units a week to keep an additional rank token. Would have to do some testing of course to figure out what number of work units is fair for each prize

Slower computers take longer to fold a WU so I think that'd still disadvantage
EDIT: also 50WU a week is insane, you'd have to fold a WU every 3 hours 24/7
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Fresh Cookies
(1st November 2019, 7:53 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Slower computers take longer to fold a WU so I think that'd still disadvantage
EDIT: also 50WU a week is insane, you'd have to fold a WU every 3 hours 24/7

yeah I wasn't thinking about how long it takes to fold WU's I was just throwing a number out there

It would still be a disadvantage but it's still more fair from my understanding, we gotta come to an agreement somewhere. I would be completely behind a small prize for completing any number of work units, but there should be other prizes for different limits so we can actually make some good progress. Remember these prizes wouldn't be taking away from anywhere, these could be new prizes that wouldn't have existed otherwise
(1st November 2019, 8:09 PM)David Wrote: yeah I wasn't thinking about how long it takes to fold WU's I was just throwing a number out there

It would still be a disadvantage but it's still more fair from my understanding, we gotta come to an agreement somewhere. I would be completely behind a small prize for completing any number of work units, but there should be other prizes for different limits so we can actually make some good progress. Remember these prizes wouldn't be taking away from anywhere, these could be new prizes that wouldn't have existed otherwise

Yeah I think it'd have to be tested to get good numbers
But I do like the per week/month thing as it gets people to do a bit and continue contributing to
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Fresh Cookies
(1st November 2019, 8:18 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah I think it'd have to be tested to get good numbers
But I do like the per week/month thing as it gets people to do a bit and continue contributing to

I'd say 5 WUs per week. It's an easily obtainable number that still has tangible progress towards a goal, and even if you were to fold in "off hours" it should still be somewhat reasonable. F@H tends to allocate WUs based on power available -- big WUs for big GPU/CPUs, and vice versa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • bi3liu, Camer the Dragon
(27th October 2019, 6:42 PM)David Wrote: Not sure when exactly but we've been deranked from the F@H top 100 teams list. I think this is the perfect time to revive this thread and get some ideas rolling again, if we can have some good f@h prizes that will incentivize people to fold again and hopefully we could reclaim that top 100!

There's the obvious idea to add a 6th token at 100 mil but I personally think 5 is enough and it should be something better (only like 4 people would fold that much for a 6th token anyway). In my opinion it should be either a new hat or a new set that's animated. I've got an idea for a f@h related set, although I've only got the body worked out right now but here it is:

Basically the dark blue, yellow, and red spheres (red one at the bottom) would remain static while the light blue, middle red, and purple spheres would move in orbit around the respective spheres. I separated the logo into 3 parts and drew arrows in the direction the spheres would orbit or it could be the opposite, whichever is preferred. Feel free to take this idea and change it up
I can draw the assets for this if anybody wants to animate these. I wont be able animate it efficiently with my tools