More F@H Prizes?
Could you talk with Jiggmin about it @Bls? Tell him that about the idea about adding more tokens as Folding@Home prizes and what he thinks about it. Please tell us what he thinks if he responds.

Im Reb by the way.
Haven't heard anything for a while about the idea of adding more prizes, Have you talked to Jiggmin about it?

@Staff

Im Reb by the way.
I support this idea even doe I can't really fold (6k pts ppd) but I think having to reach 100 milly for a 6th token is kinda alot. So atleast some other prizes in between would atleast motivate to fold that much.
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • XeNo
Crownboy at 50m pls
[Image: VnNsnRk.gif]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thique For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, XeNo, Zelante
I would support having a 6th token at 100m and a 7th at 1b.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
You do have to keep in mind that not everyone can f@h so fast and can get the best GPU (not saying me) but other players who barely can fold cowboy within a year .. why not still make it a lot but like reasonable? 10M is 5th and since we got 5 rank tokens 1-3 is at 1k, 4 1M, 5 10M, 6 40M, 7 80M, 8 100M, 9 150M, 10 200M and so on?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, XeNo
(4th April 2018, 11:46 AM)Colind Wrote: You do have to keep in mind that not everyone can f@h so fast and can get the best GPU (not saying me) but other players who barely can fold cowboy within a year .. why not still make it a lot but like reasonable? 10M is 5th and since we got 5 rank tokens 1-3 is at 1k, 4 1M, 5 10M, 6 40M, 7 80M, 8 100M, 9 150M, 10 200M and so on?

The reason I say +1 at 100M and +1 at 1B is because it follows the pattern set by Jiggmin:
- +1 at 10
- +1 at 100
- +1 at 1,000
- +1 at 1,000,000
- +1 at 10,000,000

Using that pattern, the progression from there would be:
- +1 at 100,000,000
- +1 at 1,000,000,000

Back in the day, it was not easy to get the cowboy hat by any measure. Technology has evolved since then. Even the worst of computers can get around 5K/day. If you're unable to fold that, the 10M token would be unattainable anyway.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(4th April 2018, 2:04 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The reason I say +1 at 100M and +1 at 1B is because it follows the pattern set by Jiggmin:
- +1 at 10
- +1 at 100
- +1 at 1,000
- +1 at 1,000,000
- +1 at 10,000,000

Using that pattern, the progression from there would be:
- +1 at 100,000,000
- +1 at 1,000,000,000

Back in the day, it was not easy to get the cowboy hat by any measure.  Technology has evolved since then.  Even the worst of computers can get around 5K/day.  If you're unable to fold that, the 10M token would be unattainable anyway.

But who in the world is actually going to pay for all of that electricity used in folding 1,000,000,000 points. Even if you are managing to get around 1,800,000 points a day with a gtx 1080 ti, you'd still need to constantly fold for 555.55 days for a billion.
(4th April 2018, 6:33 PM)Robobot Wrote: But who in the world is actually going to pay for all of that electricity used in folding 1,000,000,000 points. Even if you are managing to get around 1,800,000 points a day with a gtx 1080 ti, you'd still need to constantly fold for 555.55 days for a billion.

Folding isn't supposed to be easy. We're not in the business of giving out free ranks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden, Zelante
(28th January 2018, 10:12 AM)Eternal Wrote: I mean we can now technically add more? What would you guys like to see as prizes?

(4th April 2018, 9:24 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Folding isn't supposed to be easy.  We're not in the business of giving out free ranks.

How about you talk to jiggmin about the idea, And tell him to see this thread so he can see our opinion about it so we can come to a conclusion.

Im Reb by the way.
(4th April 2018, 9:42 PM)XeNo Wrote: How about you talk to jiggmin about the idea, And tell him to see this thread so he can see our opinion about it so we can come to a conclusion.

We'll discuss it with him.

(4th April 2018, 9:48 PM)bls1999 Wrote: We'll discuss it with him.

Great, Please post what you guys decided in the thread.

Im Reb by the way.
(4th April 2018, 9:24 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Folding isn't supposed to be easy.  We're not in the business of giving out free ranks.

You're right @bls1999 it isn't easy, in order to fold the fah points that you want you need to put $ into the GPU that can help you get to those points ASAP or at least in a reasonable time. 

The rank tokens and other prizes on the fah scale are helping to find a cure for cancer? Unless you think that's a waste? In return of our help/contribution to the fah we get prizes/rewards. As for "We're not in the business of giving out free ranks" statement, Jiggmin decided to do business with fah to his game. As long as we fah for the good cause we return get stuff so yes we're in business so to speak.

In my opinion we can all put more stuff like the "rare non-epics" on it in a higher fah pointing scale while we can put rank tokens in the mix. This doesn't need to be a problem of something we can't figure out as a Community. I think if Jiggmin decided to be open to the idea of putting for example Croc, and Rein set and Arti Hat to the fah scale along side a few rank tokens (not a lot, maybe 3 more tokens max?) 

I understand that the rare set/hat are in the contest in the Platform Racing 2 Discord (Dangevin Server) but honestly not everyone can do those contest and maybe to those we can fold should be able to obtain it that way. I know this issue has been debated for the longest time but I am curious if we can come to a solution that will work for everyone's benefits. 

As in "fah points scale" for these I do believe that they're rare so in order to keep it that way we do need it to be higher in the fah pointing scale so I was thinking a good starting point is 50M-300M along with putting the rank tokens. 

You can even expand this instead of doing a "set" on fah you can do "a set head, body and feet" as separate fah points for example: 50M can be (Artifact Hat), 75M (Croc Head), 100M (+1 Rank token), 125M (Croc Body), 150M (Croc Feet), 175M (Rein Head), 200M (+1 Rank token), 225M (Rein Body), 250M (Rein Feet), 300M (+1 Rank token)

You also have to think about since I don't think you never folded anything above 1M that in order to do these fah points you'd waste electricity and I know that you don't care about other people problems but you do have to keep in mind that players should at least be able to do the f@h with some sort of knowing that "yeah I am going to waste electricity but it's going for a good cause and I will get these prizes/rewards" and points in the 500M+ imo shouldn't be worth it since then it'd come down to "who's the better spender" and we don't need that in Platform Racing 2. 

Anyways, hit me up with your comments below for suggestion/better idea to this Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • XeNo
(11th April 2018, 3:20 AM)Colind Wrote: You're right @bls1999 it isn't easy, in order to fold the fah points that you want you need to put $ into the GPU that can help you get to those points ASAP or at least in a reasonable time. 

The rank tokens and other prizes on the fah scale are helping to find a cure for cancer? Unless you think that's a waste? In return of our help/contribution to the fah we get prizes/rewards. As for "We're not in the business of giving out free ranks" statement, Jiggmin decided to do business with fah to his game. As long as we fah for the good cause we return get stuff so yes we're in business so to speak.

In my opinion we can all put more stuff like the "rare non-epics" on it in a higher fah pointing scale while we can put rank tokens in the mix. This doesn't need to be a problem of something we can't figure out as a Community. I think if Jiggmin decided to be open to the idea of putting for example Croc, and Rein set and Arti Hat to the fah scale along side a few rank tokens (not a lot, maybe 3 more tokens max?) 

I understand that the rare set/hat are in the contest in the Platform Racing 2 Discord (Dangevin Server) but honestly not everyone can do those contest and maybe to those we can fold should be able to obtain it that way. I know this issue has been debated for the longest time but I am curious if we can come to a solution that will work for everyone's benefits. 

As in "fah points scale" for these I do believe that they're rare so in order to keep it that way we do need it to be higher in the fah pointing scale so I was thinking a good starting point is 50M-300M along with putting the rank tokens. 

You can even expand this instead of doing a "set" on fah you can do "a set head, body and feet" as separate fah points for example: 50M can be (Artifact Hat), 75M (Croc Head), 100M (+1 Rank token), 125M (Croc Body), 150M (Croc Feet), 175M (Rein Head), 200M (+1 Rank token), 225M (Rein Body), 250M (Rein Feet), 300M (+1 Rank token)

You also have to think about since I don't think you never folded anything above 1M that in order to do these fah points you'd waste electricity and I know that you don't care about other people problems but you do have to keep in mind that players should at least be able to do the f@h with some sort of knowing that "yeah I am going to waste electricity but it's going for a good cause and I will get these prizes/rewards" and points in the 500M+ imo shouldn't be worth it since then it'd come down to "who's the better spender" and we don't need that in Platform Racing 2. 

Anyways, hit me up with your comments below for suggestion/better idea to this Smile

Sounds like a really good idea, This is kinda like i was thinking except the high folding score and folding for parts, But it should be a challenge right? And it's for a good cause like you said. So im down, I would really enjoy making this happen.

Im Reb by the way.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to XeNo For This Useful Post:
  • Colind
(11th April 2018, 3:20 AM)Colind Wrote: The rank tokens and other prizes on the fah scale are helping to find a cure for cancer? Unless you think that's a waste? In return of our help/contribution to the fah we get prizes/rewards. As for "We're not in the business of giving out free ranks" statement, Jiggmin decided to do business with fah to his game. As long as we fah for the good cause we return get stuff so yes we're in business so to speak.

Of course, I don't think F@H is a waste of resources.  It goes to a good cause, so it should be encouraged.  Jiggmin hasn't done any kind of business with Stanford University.

(11th April 2018, 3:20 AM)Colind Wrote: In my opinion we can all put more stuff like the "rare non-epics" on it in a higher fah pointing scale while we can put rank tokens in the mix. This doesn't need to be a problem of something we can't figure out as a Community. I think if Jiggmin decided to be open to the idea of putting for example Croc, and Rein set and Arti Hat to the fah scale along side a few rank tokens (not a lot, maybe 3 more tokens max?)

Croc, Rein, and Arti Hat are not going to be on the F@H scale.  These are exclusive parts that are only available to people who can complete GGP (at the moment).  The compromise is letting new contests award these parts, which is something I'm open to letting happen (i.e. Artifact at 60 CotM Points); However, to offer them as a folding prize is, in my opinion, not the way to go.

(11th April 2018, 3:20 AM)Colind Wrote: As in "fah points scale" for these I do believe that they're rare so in order to keep it that way we do need it to be higher in the fah pointing scale so I was thinking a good starting point is 50M-300M along with putting the rank tokens. 

You can even expand this instead of doing a "set" on fah you can do "a set head, body and feet" as separate fah points for example:
- 50M can be (Artifact Hat) - absolutely not. in what world is the arty worth less than croc/rein?
- 75M (Croc Head) - no
- 100M (+1 Rank token) - I agree with this
- 125M (Croc Body) - no
- 150M (Croc Feet) - no
- 175M (Rein Head) - no
- 200M (+1 Rank token) - see comments below
- 225M (Rein Body) - no
- 250M (Rein Feet) - no
- 300M (+1 Rank token) - see comments below

Comments re: parts inline above.

With regards to rank tokens, I realize what I said before might be a little bit much.  I'd be open to this progression:
- +1 rank token @100M
- +1 rank token @500M
- +1 rank token @1B
- +1 rank token @1.5B
- +1 rank token @2B

It should get increasingly more difficult to get more rank tokens as time goes on.  This progression would reflect this.

(11th April 2018, 3:20 AM)Colind Wrote: You also have to think about since I don't think you never folded anything above 1M that in order to do these fah points you'd waste electricity and I know that you don't care about other people problems but you do have to keep in mind that players should at least be able to do the f@h with some sort of knowing that "yeah I am going to waste electricity but it's going for a good cause and I will get these prizes/rewards" and points in the 500M+ imo shouldn't be worth it since then it'd come down to "who's the better spender" and we don't need that in Platform Racing 2. 

With that mentality, we should get rid of all Folding@Home prizes altogether.  The "who's the better spender" aspect to F@H has been in play since the start of the game.  This would simply be an inflated 2018 version of the 2008 "fold me cowboy pls."  Again, it should get increasingly more difficult to get F@H prizes as time goes on.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Am I the only one who is not interested in being a crazy high level? My main is only 41 and for the lesser part of the last 4/5 years has been 35-38. Only with simming and the allowing of macroing has it grown, but I'm happy with 41. I see why some people are fixated over fah points and rank tokens, but is that the only goal? To be a high level? What purpose does it serve?

I support reasonable ideas for fah, but really only a select group of players are going to grind for these proposed rank tokens. They are the ones that are fixated by a high rank or adding worth to an account. Like Robobot said, electricity and running your computer costs money (different for different people) and the game isn't at all reasonably active for this to have much purpose, so obviously they would only be doing it to make their accounts seem of more worth or have a higher rank, which is already a philosophy that has had no point other than to feed a title/desire/ego since 2008.

What happened to cancer research with rewards? That was Jiggmin's original intention for Team 143016 and to make us interested he announced crown and cowboy. I'm not saying we should go back to that and I'm not stuck in the past, but I want to remind you it's not all about rank or rewards or status.

Also, a billion fah points? What's the point? That's incomprehensible for anyone but seasoned PR2 players who have a good knowledge of the system and who own a PC possible of doing that in a "reasonable" amount of time. Even then, over a year (555 days, if that's correct) is ridiculous and again, I don't see why you would invest that much power and time into that. The only reason I would possibly do that (at all) is for cancer research. Not for any sort of reward.

I wholly agree with bls in that fah isn't supposed to be easy and his (and other staff members') strictness on reward ideas. He, I and others know that some people would blow hundreds to thousands of their own real life money on PC parts, processors etc. etc. for any crazy, outlandish, OP prizes implemented in this system. That's not the point of fah, as I mentioned before, the original purpose was to aid cancer research. I know not all of you have forgotten this, but it has certainly become invisible compared to want for prizes etc. That's human nature and it's not at all wrong, but it is to be addressed.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999
I get that it should go higher since if a person that really wants the rank tokens should have to work for it in the f@h scale of things but it shouldn't be so high where you're wanting them to waste $600+ on their electricity bill.

I said 50M for artifact hat is because of someone who said it earlier in this thread, but maybe you're right, it should be higher. The problem is you suggesting that you want to add 5 more rank tokens if the first 5 are "are easy" to get for some players because of for example; using a GTX 1080 Ti SLI you can get to 10M within I would say (not sure how much they fold ppd) so I am going to estimate xD, 3 weeks time if you leave it on straight and with no interruption.

So my idea for the 5 rank tokens and the Artifact Hat on the fah scale should be (imo);

+1 rank token; 100M
+1 rank token; 180M
+1 rank token; 260M
Artifact Hat; 300M
+1 rank token; 400M
+1 rank token; 500M

Only reason why I put Artifact at 300M is because since cowboy hat (the last hat you can get is at 100k) I would think getting another hat would be that reasonable since cowboy has shift rarity when the artifact hat has been introduce.

Like I said, this is a bit lower than yours because we don't want to make people pay a lot for their electricity bill on top of that folding 100M+ will take a lot of time regardless of the GPU you've.

We also have to consider there are still people in Platform Racing 2 is using shitty laptop/pc to fold and they barely get like 10k ppd per if that. I know you're a staff but you have to think about the WHOLE community and make it fair for EVERYONE. 10k ppd > to 1B is not gonna happen and not to mention that Platform Racing 2 will die in 2020. @bls1999
(12th April 2018, 2:28 AM)gemj Wrote: Am I the only one who is not interested in being a crazy high level? My main is only 41 and for the lesser part of the last 4/5 years has been 35-38. Only with simming and the allowing of macroing has it grown, but I'm happy with 41. I see why some people are fixated over fah points and rank tokens, but is that the only goal? To be a high level? What purpose does it serve?

I support reasonable ideas for fah, but really only a select group of players are going to grind for these proposed rank tokens. They are the ones that are fixated by a high rank or adding worth to an account. Like Robobot said, electricity and running your computer costs money (different for different people) and the game isn't at all reasonably active for this to have much purpose, so obviously they would only be doing it to make their accounts seem of more worth or have a higher rank, which is already a philosophy that has had no point other than to feed a title/desire/ego since 2008.

What happened to cancer research with rewards? That was Jiggmin's original intention for Team 143016 and to make us interested he announced crown and cowboy. I'm not saying we should go back to that and I'm not stuck in the past, but I want to remind you it's not all about rank or rewards or status.

Also, a billion fah points? What's the point? That's incomprehensible for anyone but seasoned PR2 players who have a good knowledge of the system and who own a PC possible of doing that in a "reasonable" amount of time. Even then, over a year (555 days, if that's correct) is ridiculous and again, I don't see why you would invest that much power and time into that. The only reason I would possibly do that (at all) is for cancer research. Not for any sort of reward.

I wholly agree with bls in that fah isn't supposed to be easy and his (and other staff members') strictness on reward ideas. He, I and others know that some people would blow hundreds to thousands of their own real life money on PC parts, processors etc. etc. for any crazy, outlandish, OP prizes implemented in this system. That's not the point of fah, as I mentioned before, the original purpose was to aid cancer research. I know not all of you have forgotten this, but it has certainly become invisible compared to want for prizes etc. That's human nature and it's not at all wrong, but it is to be addressed.

Coming from the person who's the highest rank on Platform Racing 2 but I don't care about ranks/levels. It's a hobby of mine that I sim or macro now. I started to gain ranks because I was stress out IRL and it was my gateway till I relearned how to play traps/making them again. 

Anyways, I don't think we're going off from the original plan to be honest. Other than folding for free to donate and get nothing in return how else would you get people from a community to hop in and help in a good cause? I would think putting rewards/prizes would help get their attention even though it shouldn't be that way. That's my opinion about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Jack Packe
(12th April 2018, 10:47 PM)David Wrote: 100 million/1 billion f@h points could be a hat (or account item or whatever) that lets you combine any 2 hats and can switch whatever 2 hats those are at any time

The item would be too OP. Imagine Crown and Party hat, or worse... Crownboy becomes a reality.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(18th April 2018, 1:58 PM)David Wrote: Eh cowboy is already really OP, at 1 billion f@h points pretty much no one would have it except those who decide to spend hundreds of dollars on power bills to get there (a 1080 ti would take around 1000 days to fold that much which would equate to around $600 at 10 cents per kwh which is quite cheap compared to a lot of areas). I think it'd be a deserving prize for that much folding, if the game is still around by the time someone manages to fold that much
That is true, cowboy is somewhat OP, but it does leave some room for weaknesses. Such as the fact that you can get hit by:
- Swords
- Laser Guns
- Lightning
- Mines
As for Crown, it's only got one weakness, that is Lightning. It sounds OP, when you list down the weaknesses, *but*, you dont get additional powers other than immunity to weapons and Mines. You basically walk/run like a basic player without a hat.

Basically, if you didnt notice yet, the more powerful the hats get, the more weaknesses or limits the hats get to their powers.

A hat that its power gets limited? Jumpstart hat and Thief hat. Jumpstart only allows you to get one speedburst each time you pick it up. Thief only allows you to switch hats once, but that is only after you lose it at pick it up (which most likely slows you down a bit [after getting hit by a mine, you're immobolised for ~3 ])

With the Crownboy (the two hat item), the only weakness for the user would be lightning, and on top of that, the user is getting flying powers and can literally be taken down by no weapons. That's what I'm trying to get at.
Sure, it's really a motivational factor to fold if you're going to get good prizes, but at the same time, it shouldn't go to the 'Pay2Win' territory where you get legit God powers, lol Tongue
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer