More F@H Prizes?
Not sure when exactly but we've been deranked from the F@H top 100 teams list. I think this is the perfect time to revive this thread and get some ideas rolling again, if we can have some good f@h prizes that will incentivize people to fold again and hopefully we could reclaim that top 100!

There's the obvious idea to add a 6th token at 100 mil but I personally think 5 is enough and it should be something better (only like 4 people would fold that much for a 6th token anyway). In my opinion it should be either a new hat or a new set that's animated. I've got an idea for a f@h related set, although I've only got the body worked out right now but here it is:

Basically the dark blue, yellow, and red spheres (red one at the bottom) would remain static while the light blue, middle red, and purple spheres would move in orbit around the respective spheres. I separated the logo into 3 parts and drew arrows in the direction the spheres would orbit or it could be the opposite, whichever is preferred. Feel free to take this idea and change it up
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal
pls no I don't like a computer power requirement for sets
tokens fair enough
but crown and cowboy were already annoying enough locked behind F@H
á
(27th October 2019, 8:52 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: pls no I don't like a computer power requirement for sets
tokens fair enough
but crown and cowboy were already annoying enough locked behind F@H

it's not like a set would be taking away from somewhere else
(27th October 2019, 9:05 PM)David Wrote: it's not like a set would be taking away from somewhere else

I see your point
but I think 100M for a set is super steep
maybe if it was 500k then all the people who stopped at cowboy would go for 500k and maybe say "may as well go for 1M"
I think that'd be a better thing (but also have 6th token for those who want)
á
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj
(27th October 2019, 9:10 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: I see your point
but I think 100M for a set is super steep
maybe if it was 500k then all the people who stopped at cowboy would go for 500k and maybe say "may as well go for 1M"
I think that'd be a better thing (but also have 6th token for those who want)

yeah I think there should be some inbetween prizes (lets be honest having only one additional prize at 100m isn't gonna be enough to get everyone folding again as it's way out of reach for most people) but I do think there should be at least something at 100m
(27th October 2019, 9:17 PM)David Wrote: yeah I think there should be some inbetween prizes (lets be honest having only one additional prize at 100m isn't gonna be enough to get everyone folding again as it's way out of reach for most people) but I do think there should be at least something at 100m

Yeah
I think a token at 100M for the macroers like colind, they're surely go for that on all alts for exp
but something for the average person at 500k (if that were to happen)
á
(27th October 2019, 9:59 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah
I think a token at 100M for the macroers like colind, they're surely go for that on all alts for exp
but something for the average person at 500k (if that were to happen)
Nobody is going to fold 100M points for +5 exp lol..
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(28th October 2019, 8:14 AM)__ Wrote: Nobody is going to fold 100M points for +5 exp lol..

Colind would for that higher rank Wink
it's for the Macroers at like rank 70 to flex another rank
á
(28th October 2019, 3:22 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Colind would for that higher rank Wink

Any idea what happens when you hit max rank and then fold yourself another token?
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(28th October 2019, 4:57 PM)Lego-man945 Wrote: Any idea what happens when you hit max rank and then fold yourself another token?

If you are over rank 100 u can't login
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(28th October 2019, 5:46 PM)Stxtics Wrote: If you are over rank 100 u can't login

but Fred...
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
(28th October 2019, 9:33 PM)gemj Wrote: but Fred...

ikr. It's other people except Fred. It's like Fred is an exception because that account is rank 128
(28th October 2019, 3:22 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Colind would for that higher rank Wink
Let me break it down for you.

The GTX1080Ti folds an average of 1 million PPD, meaning you'd have to fold for 100 days to reach 100 million points which is roughly 3 months. (quick math right?).

Now let's multiply that by 4 as you're going to be folding 4 accounts. You're looking at a year to fold all 4 account. Now why is this pointless? Firstly, folding 400 million points/ 24/7 for a year for +20 exp is just a joke. Secondly, with flash stopping in 2020, why would anyone want to spend a whole year folding their account when we aren't even sure of the future of this game? 

If you're looking to add new stuff into this game, a prize at such a ridiculous figure and cost shouldn't be an option.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(29th October 2019, 1:59 AM)__ Wrote: Let me break it down for you.

The GTX1080Ti folds an average of 1 million PPD, meaning you'd have to fold for 100 days to reach 100 million points which is roughly 3 months. (quick math right?).

Now let's multiply that by 4 as you're going to be folding 4 accounts. You're looking at a year to fold all 4 account. Now why is this pointless? Firstly, folding 400 million points/ 24/7 for a year for +20 exp is just a joke. Secondly, with flash stopping in 2020, why would anyone want to spend a whole year folding their account when we aren't even sure of the future of this game? 

If you're looking to add new stuff into this game, a prize at such a ridiculous figure and cost shouldn't be an option.

1) Tokens are prizes, but they don't matter cosmetically at all and 1 stat point is basically nothing (and if you care about a stat point, sim/macro)
2) You don't get the point I'm making, yes who cares about 20 exp it's not that much and especially since rank exp req. goes up but if you think about the macroers getting another rank already takes so long that folding a bit for them (or someone folding for them) would not be that long compared to getting another rank through macro, plus some of them will probably just want the rank number up by 1
á
(29th October 2019, 8:18 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: 1) Tokens are prizes, but they don't matter cosmetically at all and 1 stat point is basically nothing (and if you care about a stat point, sim/macro)
2) You don't get the point I'm making, yes who cares about 20 exp it's not that much and especially since rank exp req. goes up but if you think about the macroers getting another rank already takes so long that folding a bit for them (or someone folding for them) would not be that long compared to getting another rank through macro, plus some of them will probably just want the rank number up by 1
?
The point for F@H is to use personal computers to solve functions in order to take over the world. . . I mean cure cancer. The reason why Jiggmin made prizes was to give people an incentive for people to get something in exchange for helping out a good cause.

Considering that PR2 is just a dead flash game now with a dedicated community over the 11 year life of the game it has amassed 2,679,401,497 Points. and Team Jiggmin as a group is ranked 101 of the best teams.

I would say give more incentives to fold and get Team Jiggmin back in the top 100!!!!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Atari4600 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
(30th October 2019, 2:56 AM)__ Wrote: ?

Wow, thank you for that really insightful response
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • XeNo
Camer the Dragon Wrote:Wow, thank you for that really insightful response
I coulda thought of that
(30th October 2019, 8:17 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Wow, thank you for that really insightful response
I'm tired of trying to give insightful responses to ignorant people.
I think before going beyond 10 million there should be fill-ins for the gaps between 5k and 100k, 100k and 1 mil, 1 mil and 1 million.
-AspectZero