Favorite Anime
Hands down magic kaito! A true masterpiece!
High school dxd
I'll bring this back.

Movies:
1) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
2) Perfect Blue
3) Spirited Away

Shows:
1) Monster
2) Full Metal Alchemist (+ Brotherhood, but are equal in my eyes)
3) Berserk (1997)

Manga/LN/Novels:
1) Berserk
2) Vampire Hunter D (first Japanese thing I read, holds a special place in my heart)
3) The Twelve Kingdoms
Motley Monday
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Magniloquent For This Useful Post:
  • Northadox
I've not yet read Punpun, but I hear a lot of good things about it. I've also got to watch Spice and Wolf, mostly for awoo girl.

Funny, I've watched a lot of anime, but I've really only seen Violet Evergarden and K-On in your list. I don't really read many mangas either, I blitz through them so quickly once the story gets interesting that I miss so many tidbits. But I did hear Welcome to the NHK LN is good. I really enjoyed Welcome to the NHK anime. Very sad show.

Have you watched Kemono no Souja Erin? From your list, I think you'd enjoy it. It's a less extreme anime like Shinsekai yori if you've seen that.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Kribbles For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid
(27th April 2022, 10:07 PM)Delphinoid Wrote: Do you have a MAL by the way? I don't watch a whole lot of anime so my full list is pretty sad (and I think I maybe tend to like slightly more niche stuff anyway), so if anything I'm usually surprised when people have watched / enjoy a lot of similar stuff to me. Regardless though, I think it's always a lot of fun seeing what other people like, even when there's not necessarily that much overlap with my own tastes.

I haven't watched either Kemono no Souja Erin or Shinsekai yori yet, although I do at least know of the latter. Actually, Shinsekai yori is even on my plan to watch list! If Erin is similar and you think it aligns with the other shows I like, I'll definitely look into it, thanks!
Uhhh I have a MAL, but I lost the login and email. I also watched a bunch of genuine garbage back then. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kribblesful I also stopped caring, because I don't really care about a list. I'll watch what I wanna watch and call it good. If there's a show I haven't seen, alright sure I'll go for it, if I'd already seen it, oops, oh well.  Ignore any of the ratings, they're all different now. I've watched a lot more anime during the covid epidemic. Lots and lots of free time, lots and lots of anime.
EDIT2:
Oh god, my profile is horrible. I'm going to find the account real quick to delete so much stuff. Also, there's some PII on there, whoops.

EDIT1:
I find Kemono no Souja Erin very relaxing. Shinsekai yori has an awesome story and character development, but it is in no regards "relaxing", it's definitely intense. Erin is cute, things move along nicely, and you watch her grow at a good pace in a well-developed world. If you ignore the fact that the background is drawn in, like, ****ing crayon, it's a good show.
  • Delphinoid
(27th April 2022, 10:07 PM)Delphinoid Wrote: Do you have a MAL by the way? I don't watch a whole lot of anime so my full list is pretty sad (and I think I maybe tend to like slightly more niche stuff anyway), so if anything I'm usually surprised when people have watched / enjoy a lot of similar stuff to me. Regardless though, I think it's always a lot of fun seeing what other people like, even when there's not necessarily that much overlap with my own tastes.
Alright, I went through the top 1000 anime on MAL and added the ones I've watched as well as back to 2015-ish. I'm sure there's plenty more that I've missed but I think I got most of them. Specifically, how in the hell is Paranoia Agent not top 1000 but No Game No Life is? Demo was right, Satoshi is underrated.
  • Delphinoid
I haven't seen too many animes, but have really enjoyed the ones I've watched (aside from 1) and plan to watch others. Here's what I've watched:

Death Note - First anime I watched, just simply incredible, even though I only watched it a few years ago it gives me a sense of nostalgia
Parasyte: The Maxim - Watched with my brother on Netflix, was an amazing anime with an equally amazing soundtrack
Dororo (2019 remake) - Don't quite remember how I found this one but it was awesome, really cool premise
Paranoia Agent - Found this one when searching for an anime like Death Note, it had some pretty decent episodes but overall I just couldn't get into it

Some anime I plan to watch:

Fate/Zero - Saw the first episode awhile ago, was very interesting and I very much want to get back to it
Attack on Titan - Seemingly the most popular anime, possibly even over Death Note, definitely gonna check it out
Spy x Family - New anime my brother told me about, looks to be really good
Vinland Saga - Very highly rated so I gotta check it out

Have a lot more on my watchlist but there's a handful
Attack On Titan and Clannad.
Clannad touched my soul I still cannot get over the ending almost a decade later.
Discord - Mikasa.A.Cain #0705 Steam - IziCain
Tentacole pron
Yemlo and Co.
I might push this to a different thread if there's want for it, but my favorite anime for this season is...

Machikado Mazoku! I love my little idiot shamichan! I can't care about Spy x Family, Shield Hero, or Kaguya. I'm surprised they're so popular and Shamiko is down in the dumps, but people like their socially inept self-insert characters, I guess... I'm not butthurt at all, no, no.
  • Delphinoid
Dote Neath
Yemlo and Co.
(3rd May 2022, 12:23 AM)Delphinoid Wrote: Also, I was surprised to see Jantama get an anime LOL, I feel obligated to watch it since the episodes are only a minute each and I play the game somewhat regularly.
I haven't played Mahjong Soul, but I have a friend who plays it all the time. I at least have seen the characters, and hey, those 1 minute clips were pretty funny to me.

I'm slowly getting into another CGDCT mood, so Shikimori-san may be up my alley soon. I'm currently enjoying the traveling witch Elaine, though I think I'm looking for some more hardcore shows. I may finally take up some shounen and give me some sick adrenaline rushes.
  • Delphinoid
My favourite one has probably been Monster. But some runners up in my case are (in no particular order):

- Violet Evergarden
- Ranking of Kings
- Seirei no Moribito
- Erased

In terms of ones I watched almost a decade ago I still remember in good light (in no particular order):

- Black Butler
- Spice and Wolf
- Black Lagoon
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Toradora!
- Baka to Test to Shokanju
- Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lambdadelta For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid, Kribbles
Seirei no Moribito was really really good. That one and Twelve Kingdoms are very similar in my books, both really deep story and good plot.
  • Lambdadelta
spangebulb squorepints
Yemlo and Co.
my top 5 as of now are (in order of importance)

1. ergo proxy
2. madoka magica
3. evangelion
4. akudama drive
5. wonder egg priority

some of these are extremely enjoyable to me, whereas others are very personal and dear to my heart
[Image: Emeiry.png]