iOS 11.3 Beta
I'm enrolled in the public iOS beta program, and Apple just released the first public beta of iOS 11.3.

You've probably heard that over the past month or so, there's been quite a bit of controversy over Apple throttling phone performance to "maximize battery life."  This update removes the throttling (a toggle will be added in the future), and my phone's CPU performance pretty much doubled, according to Geekbench. The GPU performance also substantially increased.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
How is your battery life in regards to this?
As a general rule, if a software update improves hardware performance, the software you had before belongs in the trash.
(27th January 2018, 7:23 PM)Eternal Wrote: How is your battery life in regards to this?

A little worse, but the phone performance is so much better that I don't mind.

(28th January 2018, 12:26 AM)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: As a general rule, if a software update improves hardware performance, the software you had before belongs in the trash.

Absolutely correct. Apple got caught trying to do planned obsolescence on their devices.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
...yet people keep buying them...
(28th January 2018, 6:43 PM)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: ...yet people keep buying them...

Ikr. I have a friend who's an Apple fanatic blaming battery companies for this, lmao
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer