who remembers the 2009 pr2?
I joined platform racing 2 in 2008. I remember the good old days.
I joined in 2009, I remember myself playing Newbieland 2 and trying to get Stick Set, haha xd
(9th February 2018, 11:19 AM)Antonhs30000 Wrote: I joined in 2009, I remember myself playing Newbieland 2 and trying to get Stick Set, haha xd

I always seemed to have an issue with getting complete bird set, everytime I tried, a higher rank would always beat me xD
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to a7x3 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
I'm a 2008 player I believe, so yeah.
I joined October 7th 2008.

Miss those days.
Dangevin
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dangevin For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Camer the Dragon, Kursed, Nemo Nation, xGuest, Zelante, Zenas
I Joined around 2009. Good times indeed
My Youtube ♦ My Soundcloud
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Box For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
I registered in 2010, my school grades went horribly bad then because of pr2, oops.
Oh yeah, the times when everyone was spamming you to fold them when they saw you had a Crown or Cowboy hat...

[Image: 8ss86.jpg]
yeah it's me, the guy you used to race with way way back
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Shadow Z For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
I joined sometime in 2008 in the very early days of the game. My old account brixey55 hasn't been active since 2008
[Image: M4B2gJK.png]
I joined in 2009. I miss the good times.
I don't know exactly when I joined, I only know that I was enjoying it immensely.
As it says "Age of Heroes" I take it I joined between 2008 - 2010.
Today I see Jiggmin as a main reason that got me into game development. The level editor was great! sadly most of my levels got deleted when I lent my account to someone. Would have loved the nostalgia :/
Visit ldjam.com/users/sandpile/games for my Ludum Dare projects!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandpile For This Useful Post:
  • Eternal, Zelante
I registered my main account on June 10th 2012 but I had other accounts before that, so I take I originally joined around late 2011.
I remember seeing mods like inu and usb in chat and playing the new campaigns while listening to music off YouTube :p
I actually remember racing with Jiggmin; I don't know when but probably in 2013 I played a campaign race with Jiggmin and 2 others.

I lost.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Nemo Nation
Started in 2008 and it was crazy back then
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
I don't remember exactly when I joined but it was still early in PR2's life span. Derron Carina and Grayan always had people, only one campaign (always preferred the original PR2 campaign to the new ones), no deathmatch mode or that random alien egg mode, people would always play traps and the chat was quite active.
I also remember when I was trying to join full servers, good times haha
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to BrokenBulb For This Useful Post:
  • Glitch
I joined it late summer/fall of 2008.
It was the first online multiplayer game I'd ever played.
My little brother joined a little before me and I thought it looked super fun so I joined too. Then we were low key competing to hold the higher rank. We introduced a few IRL friends from church to the game too. There were 8-10 of us that played regularly. Sometimes we'd all call each other and talk on speaker phone while we played. Carina was our main server.
The servers were completely full during the day. We'd all sit there and repeatedly try to log into Carina until we got lucky enough that someone logged off at the right moment so we could get in.
I made lots of other friends through the game. It was great for me, socially, because I wasn't allowed to hang out with anyone from school, just church.
PR2 was so energized back then. Everything was new. The crown hat was this great mystery. People were finding new glitches and coming up with new types of levels, like traps, FXs and hotels. The vast majority of people were still pretty low ranked so reaching rank 30 was super impressive.
Rock 'n' Roll
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessica Rocks For This Useful Post:
  • Glitch, Kursed
(18th March 2018, 11:43 AM)Jessica Rocks Wrote: I joined it late summer/fall of 2008.
It was the first online multiplayer game I'd ever played.
My little brother joined  a little before me and I thought it looked super fun so I joined too. Then we were low key competing to hold the higher rank. We introduced a few IRL friends from church to the game too. There were 8-10 of us that played regularly. Sometimes we'd all call each other and talk on speaker phone while we played. Carina was our main server.
The servers were completely full during the day. We'd all sit there and repeatedly try to log into Carina until we got lucky enough that someone logged off at the right moment so we could get in.
I made lots of other friends through the game. It was great for me, socially, because I wasn't allowed to hang out with anyone from school, just church.
PR2 was so energized back then. Everything was new. The crown hat was this great mystery. People were finding new glitches and coming up with new types of levels, like traps, FXs and hotels. The vast majority of people were still pretty low ranked so reaching rank 30 was super impressive.

yeah i remember when people would type omg rank 28
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Glitch For This Useful Post:
  • Jessica Rocks
I joined in July 2009 just after I was 9
One of my friends IRL (benjca he is here, although he never goes on Tongue) told me about it and me and a few friends (there were maybe 4 or 5 of us?) would go on Fitz because even Grayan would be full sometimes and Fitz always had ~100. We'd make+play hotel levels for each other and race for hours on campaign that summer was so fun Big Grin. I remember when you'd see a rank 40 and they're basically a God lol. All but one of my friends left after about Sept 2009 Frown it was so sad. Chma stayed quite a long time though but he eventually left. I stayed till 2014/2015 but it was so sad seeing PR2 losing players and I wish for a full derron, but those days are long gone Frown

EDIT: also I remember spamming the chat like a week after I joined and I got straight up banned for a month wtf
I was able to get on the next day though no repercussions Wink but it taught me NEVER. SPAM. THE CHAT. Tongue
I wonder where I'd be if I actually got banned for that long, I'd've probably forgotten about PR2 and never found JV or anything
á
The real question is, who doesn't remember the 2009 pr2. I joined in mid 2009 when all the servers were so full, it used to be so hard to get in to Derron, I miss the old days. It was so nostalgic Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ashley766 For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(28th April 2019, 4:46 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: The real question is, who doesn't remember the 2009 pr2. I joined in mid 2009 when all the servers were so full, it used to be so hard to get in to Derron, I miss the old days. It was so nostalgic Smile

It is so very sad it won't ever be like that again :'(
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766