Fix 5th hat slot?
Backstory:
Circa 2012? (rip old JV) I made a thread about how i thought it would be sweet to get 4 white jiggmin hats, & then get the 5th one from the buto level. Unfortunately, the 5th hat does not graphically show up, so it only shows the first 4 hats. I was talking with Bls1999 about it today, so i decided to try it once again.

We've all had the joy of wearing multiple hats at once, whether it be that sweet x5 exp or that unstoppable party crownboy top. I wondered, what would happen if you wore 5 hats?

I conducted several test playing the buto level over & over with a friend to confirm the results. This experiment is only possible as the jiggmin hat always exist in the level, & the artifact removes all other hats afaik. What i found is:

1. The 5th hat is graphically inactive, as it will *not appear* on the players head
  2. If the player wearing 5 hats is shot at, the 5th hat will *appear* flying of the players head. This means that the invisible hat can be recovered from the 5 hat bearer.
  3. The 5th hat is functionally active, as its powers will be usable by the player.
Here's a screenshot of the cowboy being the 5th hat, with the player floating
[Image: Gr3OEnd.png]

this felt really scientific
[Image: M4B2gJK.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to trans1000 For This Useful Post:
  • Master Raiden
Unfortunately, patching this is pretty much impossible with the client code lost.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Y U NO GIV CREDIT?? o: @trans1000
(12th February 2018, 4:44 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Unfortunately, patching this is pretty much impossible with the client code lost.

I remember Jiggy telling me he found the code though. I think it was through the PMs on FG.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(16th February 2018, 4:54 AM)Zelante Wrote: I remember Jiggy telling me he found the code though. I think it was through the PMs on FG.

Wait, what? Are you serious?
If so... that's ground-breaking. Can you find the PM?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(16th February 2018, 2:28 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Wait, what?  Are you serious?
If so... that's ground-breaking.  Can you find the PM?

If he actually did that would be really awesome
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
(17th February 2018, 4:29 PM)Bluelightning Wrote: If he actually did that would be really awesome

I did indeed. I've added bls to the PMs.
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
https://github.com/jacob-grahn/platform-...issues/212

Frown

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Mulley