Private Servers Requests
Lightbulb 
(-): At the moment Gods of Glory's always having 90-100 members and was wondering if Jiggmin can possibly increase the member cap from 100 up to 200. At the core of Gods of Glory we've been getting coutless of request from users that they want to come in but we can't since we're already full. 

(-): If Jiggmin can't increase the member list would it be possible for him to let the Guild Leader/Owner make a secondary Guild attach to their main guild that way the secondary members can still go into the main private server if the member cap is at 100. 

(-): Thanks for Eteranl helping me testing this but when a Admin/Moderator go into a Private Server that isn't their own they still have the same power which is kinda bullshit because if the Private Server that we're paying for the Pr2 Staff should only be Member since they're a visitor to the Private Server and not a Public Server. 

(-): Since Private Server is like hosting your own server and have the people that you want in it maybe Jiggmin can change the "Temp Moderator for Guild Leader/Owner to "Admin" and make it where the Guild Leader/Owner can make their own Staff on it. I think it'd be easy to code where Once they logout/leave the Private Server they can automatically change back to a Member or whatever "Group" they're. 

If you have anymore ideas/requests please feel free to comment below Smile
The guild member limit can probably be easily changed.

The reason mods/admins can't access private servers without being in the guild is because that was Jiggmin's way of preventing moderator conflicts from happening. I think his philosophy was basically "if you don't want a staff member moderating in your server, you can tell them that or kick them from the guild as the server admin." Additionally, I added the ability for server owners to kick staff a while back, so that gets rid of that issue.

Most likely, any kind of edits to server owners being able to promote mods would involve setting their group value to 3 on the server. That would, in turn, disable their ability to kick people since setting a group of 3 automatically activates the admin+mod menus and doesn't show the temp mod menu, making server owners unable to kick. I could see about adding a command for kicking, which would probably be beneficial for regular PR2 staff as well, but we would still run into the issue of reworking the entire temp mod promotion process to check for a server owner in addition to checking if they're an admin. This could turn into a security issue with promotions on regular servers.

Long story short: it would be a lot of work but it's possible. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(26th February 2018, 12:26 PM)bls1999 Wrote: The guild member limit can probably be easily changed.

Long story short: it would be a lot of work but it's possible.  I'll look into it when I get the chance.

Let's not
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
(26th February 2018, 1:24 PM)Bluelightning Wrote: Let's not

What

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Guild member limit is changed to 200 with this pull: https://github.com/jacob-grahn/platform-...r/pull/228

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Colind
Woooo, gj ben!