Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(18th August 2022, 8:19 AM)Different Wrote: What, why? I hope you're an investor or you won the lottery, or something. You gotta have some kind of income, coming in.

I'll find something else
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
That job was stressing me physically and mentally, and with all of the regular stress on top of that... I couldn't take it anymore
(18th August 2022, 8:32 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: That job was stressing me physically and mentally, and with all of the regular stress on top of that... I couldn't take it anymore

What was your job, there, and what company was it?
The bright side is I have quite a bit of savings to pull from. But I'm still cancelling subscriptions and cutting back so I can pull from it for longer. I'm probably going to look into taking some kind of training courses, maybe become a pharmacy technician or something. My sister works in the pharma industry so she might be able to get me in pretty easily.
(18th August 2022, 8:44 AM)Different Wrote: What was your job, there, and what company was it?

Saying the company would give away what city I live in, but I worked on a slit line breaking stacks of pull tab tickets apart and stacking them together. It was mind numbing, boring, and hell on my wrists.
(18th August 2022, 8:46 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: The bright side is I have quite a bit of savings to pull from. But I'm still cancelling subscriptions and cutting back so I can pull from it for longer. I'm probably going to look into taking some kind of training courses, maybe become a pharmacy technician or something. My sister works in the pharma industry so she might be able to get me in pretty easily.

Is that something you want to do with your life, or are you doing it because you feel like you have to?
(18th August 2022, 8:49 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Saying the company would give away what city I live in, but I worked on a slit line breaking stacks of pull tab tickets apart and stacking them together. It was mind numbing, boring, and hell on my wrists.

It's all good. I don't need to know what city you live in. I'm not going to hunt you down or anything lol. Also, that job sounds like it's murder on your fingers, too. Jobs like that, want to work the shit out of you. I used to work at FedEX for over 5 years, so I know how it is. They didn't give us breaks, period.
(18th August 2022, 9:10 AM)Different Wrote: Is that something you want to do with your life, or are you doing it because you feel like you have to?

It is something I wouldn't mind doing, and something I think I'd be pretty good at.
The factory I was working in was a very hostile environment. People shouting at each other, slamming stuff, etc.
(18th August 2022, 9:37 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: The factory I was working in was a very hostile environment. People shouting at each other, slamming stuff, etc.

Same here. Those kind of blue collar, working environments are toxic as shit. When hanging around them too long, eventually leads to effecting your character. I've had this ONE GUY, this ONE GUY who was the most explosive person there. If he DIDN'T have his weed for a while, he would go ballistic and grow incredibly impatient.

He was one of those bipolar/schizophrenic nut jobs who would curse the managers out whenever they didn't do things the way he saw fit, or he didn't agree with something they did. He was cool about 65% of the time. But the other 35%, oh boy!
I swear half of those freaking people were on meth. The last straw was tonight when a coworker was making loud screeching noises and shouting at me that I'm doing a terrible job.
(18th August 2022, 9:59 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: I swear half of those freaking people were on meth. The last straw was tonight when a coworker was making loud screeching noises and shouting at me that I'm doing a terrible job.

Damn, I feel you. On the other hand, I blame management. Whoever is head of creative, needs to be fired themselves, too. All of them are sorry ass people. When you allow stuff like that at the job, you're basically setting a bad example for potential employees who seek to work there. People have cut open packages, stealing food from them... stealing TVs, damaging expensive electronic equipment. FedEX is just sorry as hell, man.
Supervisor was absolutely terrible at his job and needs to be fired asap. They just lost 2 people in the last month, and now they lost me. And both of the other people they lost were because the people in charge don't ****ing listen
The people that quit were the sensible ones, they knew when to get the hell out of there. The place is run by ineffectual dunces.
poop
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
Yes, exactly. Dotime gets it.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • dotime
(18th August 2022, 10:50 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: Supervisor was absolutely terrible at his job and needs to be fired asap. They just lost 2 people in the last month, and now they lost me. And both of the other people they lost were because the people in charge don't ****ing listen

I think these supervisors weren't trained properly, plus they're really ignorant assholes, too. When you invite someone like that into the working environment, and you see them display really ignorant behavior... it's also usually because they don't know how to balance their personal life with the professional world. They act that way at home, so they decide to act really ghetto or ratchet at work.

Yeah, jobs like that, made me drink more.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
I met tons and tons of sensible people on discord quite unexpectedly and very consistently..
They get angry at the most idiotic of things.
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
(18th August 2022, 9:37 AM)Yomakoy Wrote: The factory I was working in was a very hostile environment. People shouting at each other, slamming stuff, etc.

I'm surprised those people even got hired.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Master Raiden For This Useful Post:
  • Mia
Most of them didn't even pass their drug test, and they still got hired.