Platform Racing 2 10 Years Anniversary
@bls1999 I was thinking maybe if you can ask Jiggmin if that Private Server/Server (whatever it'd be) can have "Happy Day" I thought about this when writing to Addy.
(4th April 2018, 9:25 PM)Colind Wrote: @bls1999 I was thinking maybe if you can ask Jiggmin if that Private Server/Server (whatever it'd be) can have "Happy Day" I thought about this when writing to Addy.

I'd have to think about if that's something we want to pursue. I assume the only advantage of the HH for you would be extra EXP? I'm sure people would not want HH all day because of the stat changes.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(4th April 2018, 9:24 PM)Colind Wrote: Well, that would be a neat idea but I doubt the Platform Racing 2 Staff will go for it. Keep in mind that we're trying to do some big things for this but still not do anything that can be abused. 10,000 exp per race (depending if you're battling players or self campaign racing) that's a lot that you can abuse. For example; 

10,000 exp per min x60(mins)= 600,000 exp per hour
600,000 exp per hour x24(hours)= 14,400,000 exp per day (note that the server will only be up for 24 hours).

I think maybe instead of doing 10,000 exp it can be within 1,000 to 2,000 exp per race that way people who would do campaign racing/macro wouldn't get a lot and people who are willing to sim/macro they can get their exp?
i was using 10,000 as an example for a prize. it would be used for the the final level in the campaign as those can be tough and time consuming. people abusing alts to play the level wouldn't be a problem since this level isn't the easiest to complete before a someone completes 2-3 sims
(4th April 2018, 9:26 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I'd have to think about if that's something we want to pursue.  I assume the only advantage of the HH for you would be extra EXP?  I'm sure people would not want HH all day because of the stat changes.

Alright, then maybe just let users still be able to put some Happy Hours into that server then? I was just asking but yeah you're right maybe players wouldn't want to deal with the 100 100 100 stats. Anyways, yeah I was using it for exp and go to the theme of 100 100 100 stats with 100 rank. Whatever you guys decide though
(5th April 2018, 2:10 AM)Colind Wrote: Alright, then maybe just let users still be able to put some Happy Hours into that server then? I was just asking but yeah you're right maybe players wouldn't want to deal with the 100 100 100 stats. Anyways, yeah I was using it for exp and go to the theme of 100 100 100 stats with 100 rank. Whatever you guys decide though

I'll do some research about HH and if we could possibly bypass the mandatory 100, 100, 100 stats. I think there will probably end up being an EXP bonus of some sort that day since the idea seems to universally be pretty popular. The staff is currently discussing it, and while I can't promise we'll reveal the surprises before May 2 ( Wink ), I can promise that everyone's ideas will be taken into account.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
(5th April 2018, 3:21 AM)bls1999 Wrote: I'll do some research about HH and if we could possibly bypass the mandatory 100, 100, 100 stats.  I think there will probably end up being an EXP bonus of some sort that day since the idea seems to universally be pretty popular.  The staff is currently discussing it, and while I can't promise we'll reveal the surprises before May 2 ( Wink ), I can promise that everyone's ideas will be taken into account.

Well, I just noticed something. There's 150 ranks and you start off with 150 stat points so all you need to do is just give us 250 points when we login, right? since going rank 100 is 100 stat points but I know that players aren't rank 0's so I don't know how to fix/make a solution for that.
(5th April 2018, 10:08 AM)Colind Wrote: Well, I just noticed something. There's 150 ranks and you start off with 150 stat points so all you need to do is just give us 250 points when we login, right? since going rank 100 is 100 stat points but I know that players aren't rank 0's so I don't know how to fix/make a solution for that.

I can create the basic idealogy in C++, but then again PR2 servers are written in PHP.

Here's my take on Colind's 'solution' though:

Code Fragment
Code:
/*Let anniv10 be the date of 10th Anniversary, I'm not sure about the exact date*/

/*Let date be time_t time(time_t *time)*/

if (date == anniv10)
{   
    if (rank != 0)
    {
        stat_point = stat_point + 150;
    }
}
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(5th April 2018, 5:36 PM)Zelante Wrote: I can create the basic idealogy in C++, but then again PR2 servers are written in PHP.

Here's my take on Colind's 'solution' though:

Code Fragment
Code:
/*Let anniv10 be the date of 10th Anniversary, I'm not sure about the exact date*/

/*Let date be time_t time(time_t *time)*/

if (date == anniv10)
{   
    if (rank != 0)
    {
        stat_point = stat_point + 150;
    }
}

Platform Racing 2 will hit 10 years in May 2nd of 2018 but since we're doing it in Jiggmin timezone I am not sure for everyone else.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Colind For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
10th JiggyHead   Artifact 

[Image: 110d3a6a19]
[Image: Ozaru-Fist-Signature-V2.gif]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mariano.Z For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Dangevin, Eternal, gemj, Zelante
(3rd April 2018, 2:52 AM)Colind Wrote: I think it would be neat if we can have Party, Santa, Exp and Jumpstart Hats to appear a lot more. Once you have 4p the chances you can get either of those hats are all 60% and maybe all the head, body, and feet can be 60% that way to keep it fair? Not sure if that makes sense or that's how you can keep them fair but what do you guys think?

DONT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THSES HATS ALREADY I THINK EPIC PARTY HAT SHOULD BE A PRIZE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom5hunna For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Mariano.Z
(10th April 2018, 12:47 AM)Ransom5hunna Wrote: DONT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THSES HATS ALREADY I THINK EPIC PARTY HAT SHOULD BE A PRIZE

Santa Hat can be won randomly or in December when players login (like the party hat, can be won randomly or in New Years when players login)

JumpStart Hat can be won randomly in Happy Hour only (which I seen it shown up couple time per hour) but not a lot of people are trying to win this hat in happy hour.

Exp Hat can be won randomly but 2p-4p on any map (this should appeared the most random prize due to the need of the hat that can help throughout Platform Racing 2.) since Exp hat is the most useful hats in Races, Campaign Battles, Deathmatches, Simming/Macroing (any version) to get the most exp I would say this should be the prize to be put on the server because of the most value in any category of Platform Racing 2.
(10th April 2018, 2:26 AM)Colind Wrote: Santa Hat can be won randomly or in December when players login (like the party hat, can be won randomly or in New Years when players login)

JumpStart Hat can be won randomly in Happy Hour only (which I seen it shown up couple time per hour) but not a lot of people are trying to win this hat in happy hour.

Exp Hat can be won randomly but 2p-4p on any map (this should appeared the most random prize due to the need of the hat that can help throughout Platform Racing 2.) since Exp hat is the most useful hats in Races, Campaign Battles, Deathmatches, Simming/Macroing (any version) to get the most exp I would say this should be the prize to be put on the server because of the most value in any category of Platform Racing 2.

well, you make sense but Party Hat (or epic Party Hat) makes more sense for the occasion. Also, most people already have exp hat AND epic exp hat, so that basically cancels out the idea of a special exp hat prize for the day. It's more logical to have party hat for the occasion as (I believe) only people with EE would have epic party hat as of now, and epic party hat (agreeing with ransom) would be a great prize for the day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999, Zelante
(11th April 2018, 2:34 AM)gemj Wrote: well, you make sense but Party Hat (or epic Party Hat) makes more sense for the occasion. Also, most people already have exp hat AND epic exp hat, so that basically cancels out the idea of a special exp hat prize for the day. It's more logical to have party hat for the occasion as (I believe) only people with EE would have epic party hat as of now, and epic party hat (agreeing with ransom) would be a great prize for the day.

Didn't we JUST had a chance to win Party hat this Jan? Why do we have to do it again?

I also have a new idea for the server. Maybe when you login to it there will be a pop up screen that shows up just like on Kong there's a pop up message for the "kong hat and ant set". With that pop up you should be able to select 1 free prize/reward (this does not include the rare sets, vom sets, and artifact hat) but the rest you can either can pick a free basketball head but it'll only work if you don't have that set. A lot of people they might have the stick head and feet but no body and maybe it could be a chance to finish a set that you don't have? 

I'm not sure if Jiggmin can do this or if it's even possible but just an idea/suggestion of we else we can do @bls1999 What do you think?
(12th April 2018, 3:28 AM)Colind Wrote: Didn't we JUST had a chance to win Party hat this Jan? Why do we have to do it again?

I also have a new idea for the server. Maybe when you login to it there will be a pop up screen that shows up just like on Kong there's a pop up message for the "kong hat and ant set". With that pop up you should be able to select 1 free prize/reward (this does not include the rare sets, vom sets, and artifact hat) but the rest you can either can pick a free basketball head but it'll only work if you don't have that set. A lot of people they might have the stick head and feet but no body and maybe it could be a chance to finish a set that you don't have? 

I'm not sure if Jiggmin can do this or if it's even possible but just an idea/suggestion of we else we can do @bls1999 What do you think?

"a chance" doesn't mean everyone got it and besides, the epic party hat is rarer/not owned as much as the epic exp hat.

I may as well respond to your idea which is a good idea but obv it may not be possible and (another idea connected to yours) maybe the game could detect which sets we haven't completed/gotten yet and offer it to us? Also, maybe not daily. Weekly or (my personal preference) monthly would be better for such a system.
Hmm, how about making a special client for that day? The music change and other things would be possible with a Flash Decompiler. Not sure about the new sets. @bls1999
(12th April 2018, 3:28 AM)Colind Wrote: Didn't we JUST had a chance to win Party hat this Jan? Why do we have to do it again?

The idea is that everyone who logs in will get the party hat (+epic).

(12th April 2018, 3:28 AM)Colind Wrote: I also have a new idea for the server. Maybe when you login to it there will be a pop up screen that shows up just like on Kong there's a pop up message for the "kong hat and ant set". With that pop up you should be able to select 1 free prize/reward (this does not include the rare sets, vom sets, and artifact hat) but the rest you can either can pick a free basketball head but it'll only work if you don't have that set. A lot of people they might have the stick head and feet but no body and maybe it could be a chance to finish a set that you don't have?

The stuff for the ant popup is actually hard-coded into the client. :/

WOW MY I THINK EPIC PARTY HAT SHOULD BE A PRIZE POST WENT A LONG WAY
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Ransom5hunna For This Useful Post:
  • bls1999