[PR2/PRF] The Jester Hat
This is originally supposed to be a hat idea for PR2, but since there's no way of actually adding this in game, I'll suggest it for PRF/PR4. And due to the lack of a sub-forum for PRF suggestions. I posted it here Tongue

Here's my idea in PR2 art style, since we don't really know how PRF is gonna be, yet.
Version 1
[Image: sUkRQVT.png]

Version 2
[Image: Iq4USho.png]

Variant 3 (bigger bells)
[Image: UnVvZDc.png]

An epic variant could allow you to change colour of the little golden bells (+ the golden stripe)

What does the hat do?
As for the power... I haven't really thought about it yet. I'll update the post when I get some time Tongue

What can I try to improve about the design of this hat?
Personally, I could try to improve the overall shape, and perhaps increase the size of the bells by a bit.

---

Feel free to comment on this. I'll take any (constructive) criticisms positively Smile
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, Mariano.Z
I had an idea for this hat earlier! You can find it in a thread I made about hat suggestions. I like your art a lot better, but maybe I can give you an idea as to what it would do.
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Bluelightning For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
this would be a pretty cool hat to have! the design itself is pretty sweet too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemo Nation For This Useful Post:
  • XeNo, Zelante
(23rd April 2018, 7:33 PM)Bluelightning Wrote: I had an idea for this hat earlier! You can find it in a thread I made about hat suggestions. I like your art a lot better, but maybe I can give you an idea as to what it would do.

Sure thing! I'm open to any cool ideas you've got Big Grin

(23rd April 2018, 8:46 PM)kieran Wrote: this would be a pretty cool hat to have! the design itself is pretty sweet too.

Thanks Nemo Tongue

Honestly I'm a bit surprised with the way it came out, but I still can't figure out if the bells should be big or small, lol
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
Maybe only update the user's position for other players every second or so? It would create a sort of "joker" kind of vibe. It would have to be disabled in deathmatches and/or the level creator could specify if it could be worn in the level.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(24th April 2018, 6:17 PM)bls1999 Wrote: Maybe only update the user's position for other players every second or so?  It would create a sort of "joker" kind of vibe.    It would have to be disabled in deathmatches and/or the level creator could specify if it could be worn in the level.

That sounds pretty awesome! I feel like it would be a lot of work to add in a single hat, though.

I was originally thinking about having the same effect as April Fool's Day, but I feel like it should be a special 1 April only thing Smile

My other idea was to have it deflect the first hit of any weapon (laser/sword, but not Freeze Ray) towards the opponent who shot it, then you get stunned as usual and the hat falls off. But that'd probably be too OP in DMs. :I
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(25th April 2018, 6:57 AM)Zelante Wrote: That sounds pretty awesome! I feel like it would be a lot of work to add in a single hat, though.

I was originally thinking about having the same effect as April Fool's Day, but I feel like it should be a special 1 April only thing Smile

My other idea was to have it deflect the first hit of any weapon (laser/sword, but not Freeze Ray) towards the opponent who shot it, then you get stunned as usual and the hat falls off. But that'd probably be too OP in DMs. :I

Well, is there really a huge active DM community anymore? I like the idea! It fits the theme of the hat and could be good for racing with the deflections possibly spicing up a race. I think the Jester hat could partner with the Thief hat and make for interesting events; say a racer has the thief hat, hits a mine and gets it again and winds up with the jester hat during a DM (no hat rem ofc), although this is unlikely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, Zelante
this is awesome
[Image: Emeiry.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeiry For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zelante
I'd go with Im Proficient's idea, when you pass by an opponent with this hat you steal his current item. That would actually be a nice perk to have and worth putting it on a hard level to win it.
[Image: beerus_junt.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zelante
(26th April 2018, 2:55 AM)$hake Junt Wrote: I'd go with Im Proficient's idea, when you pass by an opponent with this hat you steal his current item. That would actually be a nice perk to have and worth putting it on a hard level to win it.

That's an interesting concept.

So, how do you or Proficient think this should work? Let's say the player with the Jester Hat already has an item, then does that item get replaced?

edit: Gonna be OP in DMs, unless there's an option to disable it, like bls suggested
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(26th April 2018, 3:15 AM)Zelante Wrote: That's an interesting concept.

So, how do you or Proficient think this should work? Let's say the player with the Jester Hat already has an item, then does that item get replaced?

edit: Gonna be OP in DMs, unless there's an option to disable it, like bls suggested

Yeah there could be some kind of backfire like you steal someone's item by accident so you get your thunder (or whatever) replaced by something else. Like some hats got backfires aswell kinda. And no disable option. Yeah this hat would be OP, and that's more of a reason to put it on a really hard level to win it
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(26th April 2018, 11:12 AM)$hake Junt Wrote: Yeah there could be some kind of backfire like you steal someone's item by accident so you get your thunder (or whatever) replaced by something else. Like some hats got backfires aswell kinda. And no disable option. Yeah this hat would be OP, and that's more of a reason to put it on a really hard level to win it

This is also a great idea! Maybe a poll to decide between both features (Item Deflection {x1} vs. Item Theft)?
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
New perk: People can't see you on the map, would be cool for death matches, wars, or just a new game mode like hide and seek idk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to $hake Junt For This Useful Post:
  • Emeiry, Zelante
(3rd May 2018, 1:47 AM)$hake Junt Wrote: New perk: People can't see you on the map, would be cool for death matches, wars, or just a new game mode like hide and seek idk

Maybe, make it similar to Ben's idea. Not being visible completely would be way too OP.

edit: New game mode idea sounds fun!

(also, yes I'll have a voting poll sooner or later)
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
(3rd May 2018, 4:53 AM)Zelante Wrote: Maybe, make it similar to Ben's idea. Not being visible completely would be way too OP.

edit: New game mode idea sounds fun!

(also, yes I'll have a voting poll sooner or later)

I agree, also hide and seek/prop hunt as an actual game mode? Like DMs and Obj. etc? If so, that's the best idea I've heard in a while lmao
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(3rd May 2018, 7:27 AM)gemj Wrote: I agree, also hide and seek/prop hunt as an actual game mode? Like DMs and Obj. etc? If so, that's the best idea I've heard in a while lmao

Yup, that'd honestly be really fun. Not very related to the hat, but I'd love to see something of that sort.

CoD vibes, hahah <3
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
Make it happen @bls1999
(3rd May 2018, 11:41 AM)Zelante Wrote: Yup, that'd honestly be really fun. Not very related to the hat, but I'd love to see something of that sort.

CoD vibes, hahah <3

Yes! lol
jester hat: a hat that switches a player controls for 5 seconds whit a 10% chance of it happening 
you can get the hat the same way you get the Xmas hat but instead of on Xmas it's on April fools
Smile

link:https://ibb.co/cYtDRFm
- Joseph12311 (The Great)
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to joseph12311 For This Useful Post:
  • Lego-man945
(25th July 2019, 5:02 PM)joseph12311 Wrote: jester hat: a hat that switches a player controls for 5 seconds whit a 10% chance of it happening 
you can get the hat the same way you get the Xmas hat but instead of on Xmas it's on April fools
Smile

link:https://ibb.co/cYtDRFm
Smile
- Joseph12311 (The Great)