Self-Driving Cars
- What are your opinions on self-driving cars, any pros and cons?
- How fast do you think they should/would be implemented if at all?
- What do you as the risks involved and how do you think they should they be managed?
- Moral/Ethical Dilemmas?

----
  • I think we should have self-driving cars as machines don't make human errors, get drunk, etc. and so they'll be safer and prevent injuries and deaths especially when a lot of the cars on the road are self-driving.
  • They should be tested well first however, but governments should allow more of this testing and encourage it. The self-driving cars shouldn't be rushed out ASAP without proper tests or analysis of the two points below.
  • Risks involved include the fact that since the car would be automated, there needs to be checks against malicious code and manual overrides for different scenarios such as opening the doors (so someone can't trap you in with a virus).
  • The toughest part in all of this imo is the moral/ethical dilemmas, that would have to be heavily analysed and be as fair as possible. I'm not good at this kinda stuff so I can't really have a good/strong opinion on this one.
á
1. My opinion on self-driving cars is it could be dangerous. I mean if this could be implemented, at least they should have a sensor to stop for pedestrians, or stop at stoplights.
2. Depending on the speed, I'd say about 80mph is the limit. If the car is going on a highway then sure why not; but 30-45mph is sufficient for regular road driving.
3. I agree with OP about checks against malicious code. Other risks may include locked doors not being able to get out of.
4. Not really sure what to put here, but also agree with OP.
(28th April 2019, 9:09 AM)Camer999 Wrote: ...
Risks involved include the fact that since the car would be automated, there needs to be checks against malicious code and manual overrides for different scenarios such as opening the doors (so someone can't trap you in with a virus). ...

(28th April 2019, 9:16 AM)Ashley766 Wrote: 3. ... Other risks may include locked doors not being able to get out of. ...

ya
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766