PR2 is Like Cars the Movie
Very similar:

-Both booming places and were very popular in their heyday
-New highway (new games and tech) were built, and everyone forgot about them (PR2, and Radiator Springs)
-It is a lonelier place, yet still special, to the people who are close to there, or live there

If this trend continues... Guess what happens?
-Celebrity accidentally comes across town/game
-Media/average people find out
-Becomes popular again, and booms in popularity like it was it its heyday

It may be a bit far-fetched, but it was a cool thought I had while chatting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eat Me! For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante, Zenas
Wait is the celebrity coming across it for the sequel or something? I only saw the first Cars way back when Tongue
but can it do this?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(Jk, on topic, I really hope the PR series gets more popular. It deserves to be out there, in the limelight)
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, gemj, Zenas
lol hold up imma try and get a picture of my friends' brothers' car which he made look like Lightning McQueen, gimme a couple of days

edit: nevermind, don't need a few days ^_^

Attached Files Image(s)

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to gemj For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
(15th May 2018, 5:25 AM)gemj Wrote: lol hold up imma try and get a picture of my friends' brothers' car which he made look like Lightning McQueen, gimme a couple of days

edit: nevermind, don't need a few days ^_^

WOAH! That's a '95 Toyota Celica!

Always wanted one as a weekend car (or maybe for rally racing). Too bad this country imposes a 200% duty on any vehicle being imported + famous Japanese cars are overhyped here :/
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Zelante For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(15th May 2018, 5:56 AM)Zelante Wrote: WOAH! That's a '95 Toyota Celica!

Always wanted one as a weekend car (or maybe for rally racing). Too bad this country imposes a 200% duty on any vehicle being imported + famous Japanese cars are overhyped here :/

Yes it is lol, I love cars like that eh, never been a modern fan and old-timers are outta my league, although I owned a Holden Torana for a few months, don't have any pictures on this PC tho. That's Malaysia right? That sucks. What car do you own? I don't have any rn, tho I plan to buy one soon (I have my licence but I catch bus/train most places).
  • Zelante
(15th May 2018, 6:33 AM)gemj Wrote: Yes it is lol, I love cars like that eh, never been a modern fan and old-timers are outta my league, although I owned a Holden Torana for a few months, don't have any pictures on this PC tho. That's Malaysia right? That sucks. What car do you own? I don't have any rn, tho I plan to buy one soon (I have my licence but I catch bus/train most places).

Nice! Underrated car here, but overall, the Torana is a beauty indeed! Bow

aaaand yep, I live in Malaysia. I currently don't own any car myself although we do have a '17 Toyota Avanza as a family car.

I do plan to get a first gen Mazda MX-5 as a daily though, before the prices go too high. No license yet either; chances are I'm getting it near the end of this year. Can't wait to get on the road, legally Tongue

A manual trans goes for about $12k (converted to USD) now, or $2k USD if it's not road legal (track only) ;-;
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
  • gemj
(15th May 2018, 7:13 AM)Zelante Wrote: Nice! Underrated car here, but overall, the Torana is a beauty indeed! :bow:

aaaand yep, I live in Malaysia. I currently don't own any car myself although we do have a '17 Toyota Avanza as a family car.

I do plan to get a first gen Mazda MX-5 as a daily though, before the prices go too high. No license yet either; chances are I'm getting it near the end of this year. Can't wait to get on the road, legally :P

A manual trans goes for about $12k (converted to USD) now, or $2k USD if it's not road legal (track only) ;-;

Indeed! Drives really well if I'm honest, although it was old and there were loads of problems, but easily the most aesthetically pleasing car I will ever own (most likely), it was bright red and mah god lol, dunno where it is now we sold it to an old dealer. The MX-5 is great! I love those style cars.

Yeahh, I grew up in Australia and you can start to learn at 15 and legally get your L plates at 15 9 months, so it's pretty lenient, some of those Asian countries are like 21 right? I got my license near 17 tho cause you gotta get 100 hours experience and that takes hella long time if you don't go to uni (which I chose not to do, tho I'm starting next year now [: ).

Those trans, are you looking to race or nah? I remember learning something about imports to south-east Asian countries in business class some year and it was something along the lines of a lower GDP or "valueless" currency which increases the prices of imports, and if that's the case for Malaysia then man that sucks. Also I love how this has gone from PR2 to car chat lol
  • Zelante

yeah it's me, the guy you used to race with way way back
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadow Z For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bls1999, Dangevin, gemj, Pillz
(15th May 2018, 8:28 AM)gemj Wrote: Indeed! Drives really well if I'm honest, although it was old and there were loads of problems, but easily the most aesthetically pleasing car I will ever own (most likely), it was bright red and mah god lol, dunno where it is now we sold it to an old dealer. The MX-5 is great! I love those style cars.

Yeahh, I grew up in Australia and you can start to learn at 15 and legally get your L plates at 15 9 months, so it's pretty lenient, some of those Asian countries are like 21 right? I got my license near 17 tho cause you gotta get 100 hours experience and that takes hella long time if you don't go to uni (which I chose not to do, tho I'm starting next year now [: ).

Those trans, are you looking to race or nah? I remember learning something about imports to south-east Asian countries in business class some year and it was something along the lines of a lower GDP or "valueless" currency which increases the prices of imports, and if that's the case for Malaysia then man that sucks. Also I love how this has gone from PR2 to car chat lol

I personally love those type of cars as well as pop-up headlights c:

They recently changed the law here so now anyone can get their license at the age of 17. As for experience, I believe it's about 24 or 48 hours, though I may be wrong about this bit.

I did plan to take my car to the track every now and then (once I get a car), but it might be just for daily use as well. Sure, it may be not so fuel efficient to use a manual for places with a lot of traffic, such as this country but I find automatic just plain boring, especially for long drives (+ less expensive maintenance cost).

The exchange rate is somewhere around $1 USD == RM ~3.97 Ringgit, so I wouldn't exactly say it's "valueless" compared to a lot of other countries in Asia. I believe it was done to "boost" the local car manufacturing companies or something like that.

also, just to be on topic, "Life is a highway~"
- -  Fred - -
Sim-racer
  • gemj
[Image: YzqvfHB.jpg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to __ For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(16th May 2018, 1:34 AM)Zelante Wrote: I personally love those type of cars as well as pop-up headlights c:

They recently changed the law here so now anyone can get their license at the age of 17. As for experience, I believe it's about 24 or 48 hours, though I may be wrong about this bit.

I did plan to take my car to the track every now and then (once I get a car), but it might be just for daily use as well. Sure, it may be not so fuel efficient to use a manual for places with a lot of traffic, such as this country but I find automatic just plain boring, especially for long drives (+ less expensive maintenance cost).

The exchange rate is somewhere around $1 USD == RM ~3.97 Ringgit, so I wouldn't exactly say it's "valueless" compared to a lot of other countries in Asia. I believe it was done to "boost" the local car manufacturing companies or something like that.

also, just to be on topic, "Life is a highway~"

yeah dude! Personally I've been wanting a BMW M5 for a long time (I know this has nothing to do with headlights but I wanted to mention) and idk man I might be somewhat close to getting one, god they're beautiful xD

That's pretty good, driving for 100 hours was a pain :L

Yeah, probably not that fuel efficient xD depends tho, I agree auto isn't as exciting.

True, that's probably it, although tbh I don't think the asian car market needs any boosting xD

"I'm gonna ride it all night long~" xD
  • Zelante
Lol Gram can be lightning McQueen
- Bluelightning

[Image: Signiture.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Bluelightning For This Useful Post:
  • gemj
(16th May 2018, 10:41 AM)Bluelightning Wrote: Lol Gram can be lightning McQueen

LMAO