RIP " * " USERNAMES
ok so, i tried to make an alt for my other account "IG88", wanted to be IG88*, but PR2 wont let me use " * " in usernames anymore.. i guess my username Addy888* is a pretty rare name now.    
Guess so.
grateful.
This check was added wayyyy back when, one of the first things that were added when Jiggmin uploaded everything to Github. Special chars use to be able to do weird things to logins if you knew what you were doing :p
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Addy
(17th May 2018, 11:55 AM)Eternal Wrote: This check was added wayyyy back when, one of the first things that were added when Jiggmin uploaded everything to Github. Special chars use to be able to do weird things to logins if you knew what you were doing :p

ohhh. someone could do a funny code to mess with bls or something? i guess the only way to get my account named that is for bls to change the username himeself?
(17th May 2018, 12:54 PM)Addy Wrote: ohhh. someone could do a funny code to mess with bls or something?

No? Special chars could be used to alter login data being sent to the server, causing security vulnerabilities. I don’t know the coding deets, @bls1999 could explain the funny business better.
(17th May 2018, 2:31 PM)Eternal Wrote: No? Special chars could be used to alter login data being sent to the server, causing security vulnerabilities. I don’t know the coding deets, @bls1999 could explain the funny business better.

Some characters were removed from those allowed to register because:
- They would mess with FAH
- They could've been problematic

Old usernames that have those characters can still be used.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
This is terrible, it's impossible for me to spell my name correctly on PR3 now.
*Thump*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Thump* For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, gemj
(28th May 2018, 6:56 PM)*Thump* Wrote: This is terrible, it's impossible for me to spell my name correctly on PR3 now.

Pr2 or pr3? This only effects pr2
(28th May 2018, 7:26 PM)Eternal Wrote: Pr2 or pr3? This only effects pr2

Pr3, I was not able to recreate my Pr3 account with the asterisks, had to settle for the much less pleasant "thump", it told me that asterisks were not an acceptable character. Since I already had an account on Pr2, it was a nonissue there.
*Thump*
(28th May 2018, 8:47 PM)*Thump* Wrote: Pr3, I was not able to recreate my Pr3 account with the asterisks, had to settle for the much less pleasant "thump", it told me that asterisks were not an acceptable character. Since I already had an account on Pr2, it was a nonissue there.

Ah sorry about that, unfortunately we don’t have any say about what goes on over at the Pr3 revival :/
I am now the proud owner of many rare accounts, selling pm me :^)