Allowing Tournament server to save EXP data
Hi guys and gals,

As you may have noticed, there isn't a large pool of low ranking members on Pr2. Which in my opinion could be a turn off for new members. These new members are having to race against level 40's+ and being blown out of the water in the campaign. Which can be very displeasing. My idea was to allow tournament server to save EXP data, and I'll list the pros and cons of this below.

Pros:
Allows rank 0's and rank 50's to have an equal chance of winning races.
Possibly allows more new members to want to grind past the "low level" stage.
Not many tournaments are hosted on this server anymore, I don't see any possible issues with allowing exp data to save.

Cons:
The server is named "tournament" server how t hek are they going to know the use of this server? Renaming the server?
It may be dead a lot.. 

OH, we can add the uses of tournament server to the welcome message new members get. Big Grin
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • xGuest
It would be a good idea, since we're already lacking new members. Although I'm still not sure about the tournament server thing..
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
What xGuest said
(3rd June 2018, 2:37 PM)xGuest Wrote: It would be a good idea, since we're already lacking new members. Although I'm still not sure about the tournament server thing..

Not sure about what tournament server thing?
(3rd June 2018, 2:41 PM)Eternal Wrote: Not sure about what tournament server thing?

I meant about the idea to rename the tournament server, although when i think about it, it's not really an issue lol
[Image: boomboomforalltid.gif?width=400&height=119]
(3rd June 2018, 2:44 PM)xGuest Wrote: I meant about the idea to rename the tournament server, although when i think about it, it's not really an issue lol

Oh yeah, changing the server name isn't a HUGE issue. Just food for thought I threw out there.
Problems with this that I can think of right now:
  • It would split the small community into two even smaller groups between two servers
  • If this change made people stay on the server, it would need moderation (this was a problem in the past with every mod just staying on Derron)
  • Hats are disabled, which can be very confusing and unappealing to new players.
  • Same with prizes(I think?), although this is more of a personal thing as when I was a new player, earning prizes was one of the things that got me hooked.
life can be cut short. try to enjoy it.
(3rd June 2018, 2:47 PM)~Bowl Wrote: Problems with this that I can think of right now:
  • It would split the small community into two even smaller groups between two servers
  • If this change made people stay on the server, it would need moderation (this was a problem in the past with every mod just staying on Derron)
  • Hats are disabled, which can be very confusing and unappealing to new players.
  • Same with prizes(I think?), although this is more of a personal thing as when I was a new player, earning prizes was one of the things that got me hooked.

I don't think the first 2 points will be a huge issue, and I totally forgot about the 2nd two points :/
Weekly challenges (or something similar) to have a constant goal. Obv these would give EXP upon completion. It's nice to always have something to go for. Login EXP bonuses.

A touch-up on animations would assist, too. Vivid effects create a more immersive experience.

More customizability with character design and level creation would also benefit. I'll post a better example when I think of some. Generally it is enjoyed when a player can adjust the game to fit exactly what they want.
(3rd June 2018, 3:01 PM)AwkwardKraken Wrote: Weekly challenges (or something similar) to have a constant goal. Obv these would give EXP upon completion. It's nice to always have something to go for. Login EXP bonuses.

A touch-up on animations would assist, too. Vivid effects create a more immersive experience.

More customizability with character design and level creation would also benefit. I'll post a better example when I think of some. Generally it is enjoyed when a player can adjust the game to fit exactly what they want.

The first point is cool, something to look into. Unfortunately, since Jiggmin lost the AS3 source code client edits are impossible. So points 2 and 3 are impossible currently :/
maybe create a newbieland server?
I mean they gain access to it for a week/month and then they are brought into the main servers?
And then I heard one of pr2's members are making a ghost account (not a real player but a robot)
So maybe mix those 2?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lego-man945 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Zenas