Stuck at Update_Core F@H Help?
A couple days ago my CPUs we're running fine until out of nowhere I had 1 CPU running... I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it and now all my WUs are stuck at Update_core and none of them are running. Is there a way to make the core update manually because I heard that it does it automatically? Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

Weird, I've never seen that message before.

I would say try uninstalling and reinstalling but it seems that hasn't worked. Maybe delete the WU if it has downloaded and let it get a new WU. The WU should be located in your program files where F@H is
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
Do you think it might have something to do with my core? I have an i3-7100U. Maybe I need to upgrade it?
That's your processor, if F@H used to work then that shouldn't be an issue, plus I believe all CPUs can fold with F@H.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(6th June 2018, 1:02 PM)Stxtics Wrote: That's your processor, if F@H used to work then that shouldn't be an issue, plus I believe all CPUs can fold with F@H.

I thought Intel can't fold, although that could've been changed. It also wouldn't explain why it worked in the first place.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
Well, not really sure what happened, but it all started working again when I relaunched it today! Thanks
(6th June 2018, 6:54 PM)bls1999 Wrote: I thought Intel can't fold, although that could've been changed. It also wouldn't explain why it worked in the first place.

I've folded with Intel in the past, though it's been a hot minute.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Fresh Cookies For This Useful Post:
  • Zelante
You should only use 1 folding slot in your client for your processor. You're not doing yourself any favors by having more.
(18th June 2018, 8:26 PM)Legend Wrote: You should only use 1 folding slot in your client for your processor. You're not doing yourself any favors by having more.

I have more than 1 because each CPU gives me a different amount of PPD, thus I have many CPU slots.
(18th June 2018, 9:03 PM)Ashley766 Wrote: I have more than 1 because each CPU gives me a different amount of PPD, thus I have many CPU slots.

It doesn't work like that. All you're doing is splitting the same workload between different slots. PPD scales exponentially so you would get better PPD with 1 slot utilizing all of the cores rather than a split setup like you have going on.
I replicated your setup on my PC and as I suspected having multiple CPU slots on 1 chip negatively impacts PPD.

[Image: jpucGZs.png]

In the first screenshot I set up 2 clients on 6700k with 4 threads each. Each client was earning 11k and 12k respectively for a total of 23k PPD.

[Image: YjgTbhW.png]

In this screenshot I set up 1 client with all 8 threads pulling 31k PPD. Notice that the timeframe for each 1% of the work unit was halved, but the PPD was 35% more than the previous setup. This is because of the exponential PPD scale that F@H utilizes.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766