Jiggmin's Village

Full Version: EXP Prizes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As promised (albeit late), there's a new way to win EXP now! Contests are now able to award EXP prizes.

Don't Move of the Month will be the first to receive a prize of EXP, clocking in at a whopping 100,000 EXP for the winner! We're looking forward to more contests getting EXP prizes as well.

Stay tuned for some more developments that may occur as a result of this change. Smile
YOOOO! LETS GOOO, MY CONTEST IS THE ONE! GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO IS WILLING TO IN 100K EXP!
1,000,000 and I may consider :p
100k seems low considering Arti exp will most likely be more than that (over a month) for 1 acc
200k or 250k I think is a good number, not super large but a decent chunk nonetheless

although it should also take into account the rough average amount of effort that has to go into a submission
(17th February 2020, 4:17 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]100k seems low considering Arti exp will most likely be more than that (over a month) for 1 acc
200k or 250k I think is a good number, not super large but a decent chunk nonetheless

although it should also take into account the rough average amount of effort that has to go into a submission

Thanks for the feedback! We just wanted to use 100,000 for a good starting point and get feedback as we go.
Camer is right, 100k is quite low. I like his 250k suggestion, it's a nice number being as its a quarter of a million but it's not a ridiculous amount of exp and would be worth pursuing for a lot of people
Something people may not realize is 100K EXP on a rank 0 account will raise it automatically to rank 30. ?
What if the exp reward scaled with rank?
(18th February 2020, 10:21 AM)bls1999 Wrote: [ -> ]Something people may not realize is 100K EXP on a rank 0 account will raise it automatically to rank 30. ?

True, but with how the exp formula works another 100k only gets you to 33. Most people left playing are rank 40+ anyway so 100k is not much to them. To better put it into perspective, simming for 2 happy hours is enough for 100k exp which is presumably a lot less time than making a Don't Move that stands a chance in winning the competition. 

Just saw Stxtics idea while typing this and I have to say it's a great idea. But maybe combine the two, for example at a certain rank instead of a set amount of exp you're now given 1/4 the total amount of exp required towards your next rank (1/4 may not be ideal, just giving an idea of how it could work)
Hey, I think I suggested this somewhere along the line. Good job on implementing it!
(18th February 2020, 2:32 PM)David Wrote: [ -> ]True, but with how the exp formula works another 100k only gets you to 33. Most people left playing are rank 40+ anyway so 100k is not much to them. To better put it into perspective, simming for 2 happy hours is enough for 100k exp which is presumably a lot less time than making a Don't Move that stands a chance in winning the competition. 

Just saw Stxtics idea while typing this and I have to say it's a great idea. But maybe combine the two, for example at a certain rank instead of a set amount of exp you're now given 1/4 the total amount of exp required towards your next rank (1/4 may not be ideal, just giving an idea of how it could work)

Yeah 1/4 of a rank up sounds good
cos I was thinking of 1Mil exp rank up when I came up with the 250k number as well
but also maybe a lower bound, so people at rank 0 still get a good chunk (e.g. the 100k)
(19th February 2020, 8:48 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah 1/4 of a rank up sounds good
cos I was thinking of 1Mil exp rank up when I came up with the 250k number as well
but also maybe a lower bound, so people at rank 0 still get a good chunk (e.g. the 100k)

I thought about keeping the 100k at lower ranks but I think it'd be best to have it at 250k until you reach say rank 47 where 1/4 the total exp to rank up would be greater than 250k
I said just use the artifact formula and multiply it 6-10 times.
I have an idea, if you win my contest more and more, 25k more exp will be added until the maximum of exp is 500,000 being awarded!
The amount of time and effort put into making a Don't Move I believe 250k is still not quite right.. would take like 3 hours of simming in comparison to making a Don't Move maybe 10+ hours :/
(20th February 2020, 9:49 AM)bazooka Wrote: [ -> ]The amount of time and effort put into making a Don't Move I believe 250k is still not quite right.. would take like 3 hours of simming in comparison to making a Don't Move maybe 10+ hours :/

The thing is simming can get quite boring so I don't think it should be "10 hours work = 10 hours sim", but yeah time taken for sure should be a factor
The purpose of a competition like DMoTM is to make a cool level, which is something cool to make as well as the prize
10 trillion exp and we have a deal