EXP Prizes
As promised (albeit late), there's a new way to win EXP now! Contests are now able to award EXP prizes.

Don't Move of the Month will be the first to receive a prize of EXP, clocking in at a whopping 100,000 EXP for the winner! We're looking forward to more contests getting EXP prizes as well.

Stay tuned for some more developments that may occur as a result of this change. Smile

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • a7x3, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, IHaveDaCowboyz, Lego-man945, Northadox, Stxtics
YOOOO! LETS GOOO, MY CONTEST IS THE ONE! GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO IS WILLING TO IN 100K EXP!
1,000,000 and I may consider :p
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazooka For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, IHaveDaCowboyz
100k seems low considering Arti exp will most likely be more than that (over a month) for 1 acc
200k or 250k I think is a good number, not super large but a decent chunk nonetheless

although it should also take into account the rough average amount of effort that has to go into a submission
á
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, bazooka, David, Eternal
(17th February 2020, 4:17 PM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: 100k seems low considering Arti exp will most likely be more than that (over a month) for 1 acc
200k or 250k I think is a good number, not super large but a decent chunk nonetheless

although it should also take into account the rough average amount of effort that has to go into a submission

Thanks for the feedback! We just wanted to use 100,000 for a good starting point and get feedback as we go.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Eternal For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Camer is right, 100k is quite low. I like his 250k suggestion, it's a nice number being as its a quarter of a million but it's not a ridiculous amount of exp and would be worth pursuing for a lot of people
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Eternal, John m.
Something people may not realize is 100K EXP on a rank 0 account will raise it automatically to rank 30. ?

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
What if the exp reward scaled with rank?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=714605&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC][Image: sigimage.php?u=735689&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stxtics For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, David, Noah.Kiniy
(18th February 2020, 10:21 AM)bls1999 Wrote: Something people may not realize is 100K EXP on a rank 0 account will raise it automatically to rank 30. ?

True, but with how the exp formula works another 100k only gets you to 33. Most people left playing are rank 40+ anyway so 100k is not much to them. To better put it into perspective, simming for 2 happy hours is enough for 100k exp which is presumably a lot less time than making a Don't Move that stands a chance in winning the competition. 

Just saw Stxtics idea while typing this and I have to say it's a great idea. But maybe combine the two, for example at a certain rank instead of a set amount of exp you're now given 1/4 the total amount of exp required towards your next rank (1/4 may not be ideal, just giving an idea of how it could work)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Addy, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Noah.Kiniy, Stxtics
Hey, I think I suggested this somewhere along the line. Good job on implementing it!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
(18th February 2020, 2:32 PM)David Wrote: True, but with how the exp formula works another 100k only gets you to 33. Most people left playing are rank 40+ anyway so 100k is not much to them. To better put it into perspective, simming for 2 happy hours is enough for 100k exp which is presumably a lot less time than making a Don't Move that stands a chance in winning the competition. 

Just saw Stxtics idea while typing this and I have to say it's a great idea. But maybe combine the two, for example at a certain rank instead of a set amount of exp you're now given 1/4 the total amount of exp required towards your next rank (1/4 may not be ideal, just giving an idea of how it could work)

Yeah 1/4 of a rank up sounds good
cos I was thinking of 1Mil exp rank up when I came up with the 250k number as well
but also maybe a lower bound, so people at rank 0 still get a good chunk (e.g. the 100k)
á
(19th February 2020, 8:48 AM)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Yeah 1/4 of a rank up sounds good
cos I was thinking of 1Mil exp rank up when I came up with the 250k number as well
but also maybe a lower bound, so people at rank 0 still get a good chunk (e.g. the 100k)

I thought about keeping the 100k at lower ranks but I think it'd be best to have it at 250k until you reach say rank 47 where 1/4 the total exp to rank up would be greater than 250k
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon
I said just use the artifact formula and multiply it 6-10 times.
I have an idea, if you win my contest more and more, 25k more exp will be added until the maximum of exp is 500,000 being awarded!
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to IHaveDaCowboyz For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
The amount of time and effort put into making a Don't Move I believe 250k is still not quite right.. would take like 3 hours of simming in comparison to making a Don't Move maybe 10+ hours :/
[Image: sigimage.php?u=818553&bg=1&c1=FFFFFF&c2=...&c4=0000CC]
(20th February 2020, 9:49 AM)bazooka Wrote: The amount of time and effort put into making a Don't Move I believe 250k is still not quite right.. would take like 3 hours of simming in comparison to making a Don't Move maybe 10+ hours :/

The thing is simming can get quite boring so I don't think it should be "10 hours work = 10 hours sim", but yeah time taken for sure should be a factor
The purpose of a competition like DMoTM is to make a cool level, which is something cool to make as well as the prize
á
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Camer the Dragon For This Useful Post:
  • bazooka
10 trillion exp and we have a deal
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tro For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766, bazooka, Camer the Dragon