INCIDENT (30/Mar/2024): CaM Data Breach
Hello all, I'm writing to inform you that Jiggmin's Village recently suffered a small data breach.

What happened?

On March 30, 2024, an admin was modifying permissions for a new usergroup on JV. In the process, access to Contact a Mod and some other staff forums was granted to a few users that would've been added to the new usergroup, but otherwise wouldn't have access to the aforementioned protected information.

We've gathered the following statistics associated with this incident.

The number of threads that were accessed was 26. Of those 26 threads, there were:
- 2 fully exposed email addresses (high tier)
- 1 partially exposed email address (medium-high tier)
- 2 ban appeals (medium tier)
- 2 anonymous user reports (medium tier)
The rest of the threads had no sensitive information (low tier).

By the numbers:
- Unauthorized users that accessed these threads: 2 (1 of whom accessed the threads containing email addresses).
- Users whose threads were accessed: 19
- Threads accessed that were created in the 2024 calendar year: 8
- Total time this information was visible to unauthorized users: less than 24 hours

Was I affected?

If you were affected by this incident, I've bumped your thread in Contact a Mod with more information and next steps. If your thread wasn't bumped, this incident did not impact you.

What next?

If you were affected by this incident, please accept my sincerest apologies. This is not what you should expect from us, and not at all the experience we want you to have.

Since this incident, we've taken steps to ensure changes to usergroups and permissions are made only when absolutely necessary, and only using the proper procedures.

We will continue to take every precaution to safeguard this sensitive data in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact an admin.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • Adulock77, AlphaZ, Ashley766, Camer the Dragon, Different, EpicMidget, GHSimon3, JB, lalafox, LCPD, Legend, Magniloquent, Mia, Shane1334, Stxtics, Zack6723