Poll: Are you a DIY person?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. I love to do things on my own because then I get to save money and avoid any financial hassles.
0%
0 0%
No. I’d rather pay somebody to do my dirty work.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DIY 🛠️⚒️⛏️
[Image: dJpJibn.jpeg]

We’re living in a culture now where the DIY movement is so monumentally significant. I mean, if you pay attention to the AVERAGE PRICES of a plumbing job (which varies heavily on the type of work you need done), they could very well range up to thousands of dollars to get it fixed. This is why most of us are always looking for side-contractors who will offer reasonably, low-cost prices to get the job done for us. When you’re the type of person who is making less than at least 60k annually, you can’t afford to spend thousands of dollars on house repairs (depending upon your situation) because most contractors charge an “arm and a leg”.

People will always be in need of something to get fixed, no matter what it is. As long as you’re highly skilled in fixing something, then you will always be useful for something. This allows you to build a track record of financial success because you’re the expert that people heavily depend on. But if they can do it themselves, and they’re disciplined enough to save money, then they won’t call you. Thankfully, most people aren’t like this. If you’re the type of person who’d rather not get their hands dirty, then you’ll end up paying somebody to do it for you; unless you’re frugal with your money. Here are common, daily things that people call a handyman for:
  • Roofing
  • Plumbing
  • Painting
  • Landscaping
  • Electricity
  • Flooring
  • Furnace
  • Drywall repairs
  • Air conditioning
  • Auto mechanic services

Now these are just common things that people deem as a necessity to get fixed from time to time. Some of these things you could probably learn how to do yourself depending on whether you need to take up a trade and gain skills or not. A lot of people nowadays don’t like to put in the work, so they’d rather spend thousands of dollars paying someone to do a job that they could probably learn themselves. Things like roofing and plumbing, I personally wouldn’t touch myself, and would rather hire a contractor assuming I have the money. But simple, handyman jobs like landscaping and painting, I’ll learn through trial and error.

Some people just behave so lackadaisically when it comes to doing things themselves; especially ones who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Bottom line: if it looks simple, and you don’t want to squander excessive amounts of money on a contractor who may charge you unfairly… then learn how to do it yourself. Same statement can be made about fixing computers as well.

THESE are simplistic things that people don’t need to call a professional for.