Let's get this thread to a million pages!
I made a few mistakes at training on Monday lol, but I believe that I will learn from them and do a better job today. Some of the items refuse to scan so that's a biggie >;
Well that's to be expected. I wasn't perfect on my first day either. You'll get the hang of it!
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  • Ashley766
I want something fun to do this weekend

I may buy Mario Party Superstars

Or grind out the rest of the cosmetics I need on this other game
People wonder why I never learned how to drive

It's because driving is scary as hell

How many times in the news do you hear about fatal car accidents

How many times do you see a twisted wreckage of a crash on the side of the road

I've witnessed 2 crashes myself, one of them was at an intersection where a woman got blindsided

I could see her head slump down after the hit, it was horrifying

And I still don't know if she was okay or not, I couldn't find the accident report in the news

I thought "If we had been at this intersection 5 seconds sooner, we might not be here"

So I'd rather put the driving to someone with more experience

Someone who doesn't get as nervous and panicky
But aside all of that, I hope everyone reading this has a nice November
Work was good today Smile
(4th November 2021, 10:15 AM)Mystery Wrote: People wonder why I never learned how to drive

How many times in the news do you hear about fatal car accidents

I've witnessed 2 crashes myself, one of them was at an intersection where a woman got blindsided

And I still don't know if she was okay or not, I couldn't find the accident report in the news

I thought "If we had been at this intersection 5 seconds sooner, we might not be here"

I know what you mean. I've been in two car crashes already (not our fault and not while I was driving) and I get really nervous when there are cars to the sides of me.
Funny you would mention this though, my driving test is tomorrow lol
[Image: LLwQFov.png]
(4th November 2021, 10:15 AM)Mystery Wrote: People wonder why I never learned how to drive

Everything is scary when you first start. I can tell you driving was scary for me at first.
Moving to another school where you don't know anyone is scary. Starting a new job is scary. Moving out is scary. But that doesn't mean you can't do it and be successful at it.

The first step is always the hardest. But then it becomes easier, not because it actually gets easier, but because you get better. This pretty much applies to everything in life.
[Image: L0LYopb_9y1Yk2CecvXoPxdPXrE0pWJIgf73oex-...a1553b99d3]

(4th November 2021, 10:15 AM)Mystery Wrote: How many times in the news do you hear about fatal car accidents

Media bias leads us to believe that things happen more often than they do because they are reported more often. If there was 1 report for every person who arrived at their destination without an accident along the way, you would probably need hundreds of TV channels reporting it 24/7.

Here's a challenge for you if you think car accidents are common. Go out and try to witness an accident. You probably won't be able to >99% of the time. And even if you manage to, no one will be injured most of the time.

(4th November 2021, 10:15 AM)Mystery Wrote: I've witnessed 2 crashes myself, one of them was at an intersection where a woman got blindsided

The thing is, if someone runs a red light and T-bones you without you seeing them, experience will do nothing to prevent the collision.

If you want to be safe, it's good to always be cautious and not be lazy when driving.
This means you should continue to do things that many experienced drivers no longer do, such as:
  • always having both hands on the wheel
  • always checking your blind spot even if you're certain nothing is there
  • always following a safe distance behind the vehicle in front.
And being extra cautious with things such as:
  • looking both ways before going when the light turns green
  • not staying beside another vehicle when turning, or going around a roundabout
  • doing a defensive driving course to improve your skills
If you are riding in a car with someone who does not do these things, you could potentially be a safer driver than them. All you need to do is get started and become comfortable with driving first.

Driving can be fun and grants you a lot of freedom. If you have decided you never want to drive, affordable self-driving cars are probably no more than 10 years away.
[Image: q2GRKUL.png]
Driving isn't fun when you have anxiety, quite the opposite
I've driven over a dozen times and it never got easier

I don't like being put in situations where I feel like I'm putting myself at risk
https://youtu.be/CJX5DzuSxPM&t=343

Exactly how I feel about driving

5:43-6:30
I remember one time my mom was only going like 30 mph on the highway cause the roads were foggy and plastered with ice after a Christmas party, and we still spun out. We spun out into the oncoming lane. Luckily there were no cars coming
Cool, my three of a kind nines lost to a flush on the river

Gotta love PokerStars
I flopped 2 pair then he got three of a kind on the turn
Why am I still awake
I finally understand those lyrics from NY State Of Mind

I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
The Illmatic album is so great
But I can't post it here cause of explicit lyrics

So I just talk about it instead =)
Hopefully doing some fun stuff tomorrow
I've been kinda depressed cause my Skype friend is too busy to Skype with me often

I like playing games with someone but I'm not very comfortable voice chatting with anyone else