Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(9th August 2023, 8:19 PM)Different Wrote: I wonder what this would have looked like in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop 🤔
I don't use digital painting much since it's hard to do. so uhm it would kinda look the same I can try to redraw it than take a more better picture
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
Adding effective AI to a game like PR2 would be a huge undertaking, something that wouldn't pay off because the revenue stream for PR2 isn't great enough.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
I get what you're saying, I really do. It just doesn't seem feasible. That would basically require them to hire game developers, cause PR2 seems like more of a "side hustle" than anyone's full time job.
(9th August 2023, 8:35 PM)Different Wrote: Last year, that was one of the things we talked about was cartoons, so I'm a bit surprised to hear you say that. Btw, did you know that Cartoon Network Studios closed down a few days ago?

I did not. I can't say I'm too surprised, they were on the decline for years.
I like that "escape the maze" idea. Could make it so if you fall down or hit a net, you die instead of respawn. More of a "frust" or "trap" oriented style of racing.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Mia For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different
I guess you can already sort of do that with deathmatch, but there you're not punished for sitting at the beginning and waiting for everyone to lose.
(10th August 2023, 1:57 AM)Mia Wrote: I did not. I can't say I'm too surprised, they were on the decline for years.

Yeah, bro, I think the writers and producers aren't as great as they used to be. During the 90s, it was at its peak. 00s did pretty good as well. But, then the 2010s just sent it to the graveyard to rot for eternity.
(10th August 2023, 2:00 AM)Mia Wrote: I like that "escape the maze" idea. Could make it so if you fall down or hit a net, you die instead of respawn. More of a "frust" or "trap" oriented style of racing.

So, the biggest difference with this game mode is that there are no safety nets of any kind. Think of it as a really complicated puzzle that you have to maneuver your way through. More like the game at the bottom.

This one... my bad.
I'm surprised you used Crazy Castle 2 as an example and not the Goombas from Super Mario Bros.
Alien eggs are basically Goombas that shoot out projectiles
Haha yeah it's because I used to play these maze-based games as a kid, so I couldn't really think of anything better. This was during the gameboy color days back in the 90s to early 00s.
That game reminds me more of Carrot Mania than PR2

Probably because they're both games with rabbits eating carrots lol
So, the challenge would be to escape the maze (we can add a time trial to this one) and not get killed by the alien eggs. The higher you move up the ladder, the more complicated these mazes get... not to mention more alien eggs will be available too.
Interesting game lol. It's definitely different in terms of play-style because you're underground with no weapons; just straight to the point which is collecting the carrots and not dying.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Mia
Hm.. intruiging.
@Mia Btw, what do you think of the Aftermath Hat? Everyone else is saying that there's a lot going on with it, it's too OP, etc.
That's the only video I could find on Carrot Mania because it's such an obscure game (no longer exists). You had to have a subscription to Dish Network back in the early 00s. But I distinctly remember levels where those hungry foxes could climb the ladders, and making holes in the wrong spot would make it impossible to get certain carrots. It was surprisingly challenging and fun.
(10th August 2023, 2:28 AM)Different Wrote: @Mia Btw, what do you think of the Aftermath Hat? Everyone else is saying that there's a lot going on with it, it's too OP, etc.

I found myself agreeing with Camer a lot in that thread; certain aspects sounded really interesting, and some sounded overtuned.