Let's get this thread to a million pages!
(21st August 2023, 4:01 PM)Mia Wrote: Is some setting on my old phone messed up or something

Probably a bug or something because I can't seem to figure out why my phone's internet connection is so, damn slow. Last month, it was fine. This month, it's trippin' hard, bruh! Even though Mint Mobile just refreshed me with high speed data, some how it's moving as if there's no data.

If you've had that phone for a long time, then I bet you that that's what it is.
Some phones just aren't met to go longer than 2+ years. I wouldn't return the A23 that I just bought, though. You're going to have to come up with an alternative for that one. Try activating service on your new cell phone by calling them on your house phone.
It's a possibility that you'll have to temporarily accept the new number that they give you, first. Then call your old carrier and follow the steps I gave you.
But that would still mean that I wasted $50 on renewing a plan on my old phone, unless I can cancel the charge
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Here's what I did:

My service ran out on my old phone, so I couldn't call, text, or use data. So I renewed the plan on the old phone. It still wasn't letting me call or text, so I thought "Ok, I will just buy a new phone, and transfer the plan to the new phone." But every time I try to transfer the plan to the new phone, I hit a brick wall. So it feels like Straight Talk is trying to con me out of more money.
I know it's probably just my old phone being stupid, but I don't see why I have to buy a Straight Talk plan for a new phone when I just got one on the old phone. Just let me transfer my number to the new phone!
But no, I can't do that! Cause my old phone has to be able to receive a text message!
Because when I made this account, I got forced into using 2 Factor Authentication using the old phone number
(21st August 2023, 4:22 PM)Mia Wrote: Here's what I did:

My service ran out on my old phone, so I couldn't call, text, or use data. So I renewed the plan on the old phone. It still wasn't letting me call or text, so I thought "Ok, I will just buy a new phone, and transfer the plan to the new phone." But every time I try to transfer the plan to the new phone, I hit a brick wall. So it feels like Straight Talk is trying to con me out of more money.

Please don't use Straight Talk anymore. I used to have them over 10 years ago, and they have pitiful service. The best move I ever made, was going with Mint Mobile. I used to use Virgin mobile before they went out of business, 3 years ago.

How long have you had your old phone for?
I have no choice, this phone is locked to Straight Talk
I had the old phone for a few years
Whatever, I'm gonna go to the doctor cause I'm aching really bad

One problem at a time lol
(21st August 2023, 4:49 PM)Mia Wrote: I had the old phone for a few years

Yeah, that's exactly why it gave out on you. For some reason, they don't build cell phones to last over 2-5 years.
I've had mine for 2 1/2 years, now.
The doctor also suspected it's a vitamin deficiency
(21st August 2023, 5:08 PM)Different Wrote: Yeah, that's exactly why it gave out on you. For some reason, they don't build cell phones to last over 2-5 years.

Alright, I'll just cut my losses and buy another phone plan
(21st August 2023, 8:16 PM)Mia Wrote: Alright, I'll just cut my losses and buy another phone plan

Go with Mint Mobile. So far, they've treated me quite well and offered me a discount on my phone plan. I've been a customer since Jan of 2021.
(21st August 2023, 8:29 PM)Different Wrote: Go with Mint Mobile. So far, they've treated me quite well and offered me a discount on my phone plan. I've been a customer since Jan of 2021.

I can't. The phone I bought is locked to Straight Talk

I'll keep it in mind for my next phone though
[Image: 5ZVeVJI.jpg]

Yo????? My favorite streamer is playing my favorite RPG?????
The girl from my avatar! o: