Let's get this thread to a million pages!
I totally get people getting into a friendly competition, but sometimes it can cause bitterness towards each other.
Zack means everything to me 💛
[Image: Zp4SiOJ.png]
Ok why 56 guests
I'm quite proud of my 9k Holo no Suika score and don't feel like proving anything else
I don't ever color in my artwork, Is artwork still art even without colors?
Life is a ? is it but death is a !. 
You never know what happens until it happens - ricky101/dotime
(5th November 2023, 3:21 PM)Mia Wrote: I'm quite proud of my 9k Holo no Suika score and don't feel like proving anything else

It was stressful getting there, wasn't it? I honestly thought that it was a milestone reaching 9k.
(5th November 2023, 10:17 PM)Different Wrote: It was stressful getting there, wasn't it? I honestly thought that it was a milestone reaching 9k.

Not really stressful, but frustrating. It definitely has luck playing a large factor, and sometimes it doesn't go your way. You'll be near the top, for example, and get a ball that ruins the whole run.
(5th November 2023, 10:30 PM)Mia Wrote: Not really stressful, but frustrating. It definitely has luck playing a large factor, and sometimes it doesn't go your way. You'll be near the top, for example, and get a ball that ruins the whole run.

Yeah, that's why I try to avoid stacking the balls if I could. I'm going to do some recording on the halloween version of the game, before it ends after tomorrow.
There is a good kind of frustrating, and a bad kind of frustrating. The bad kind of frustrating is when anger takes control of you and you damage property or take it out on others. The good kind of frustrating is when a game has the right level of challenge that, while frustrating and perhaps anger inducing, makes you to want to persevere and overcome the challenge. I won't lie and say games don't make me angry, cause they do. It's important to keep a cool head and focus on what you're trying to achieve.
(5th November 2023, 10:38 PM)Mia Wrote: There is a good kind of frustrating, and a bad kind of frustrating. The bad kind of frustrating is when anger takes control of you and you damage property or take it out on others. The good kind of frustrating is when a game has the right level of challenge that, while frustrating and perhaps anger inducing, makes you to want to persevere and overcome the challenge. I won't lie and say games don't make me angry, cause they do. It's important to keep a cool head and focus on what you're trying to achieve.

I can relate to this. As a teen, I used to experience the bad kind of frustrating where my cousin used to kick my ass in Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006, and I just lost it and punched him in the arm. He was the same age as you, btw. Over the years, I've learned to deal with it the right way. Losing in video games, or not doing something right, irritates me too.

I really do miss you game raging and all. I know that's not you now, but I sure would love to see it. Which is why I kept trying to get you to play Need for Speed III Hot pursuit PS1.
(5th November 2023, 11:39 PM)Different Wrote: I can relate to this. As a teen, I used to experience the bad kind of frustrating where my cousin used to kick my ass in Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006, and I just lost it and punched him in the arm. He was the same age as you, btw. Over the years, I've learned to deal with it the right way. Losing in video games, or not doing something right, irritates me too.

I really do miss you game raging and all. I know that's not you now, but I sure would love to see it. Which is why I kept trying to get you to play Need for Speed III Hot pursuit PS1.

My main reluctance is because it wouldn't be genuine anger. Artifical anger can still be entertaining, as proven by AVGN. He writes scripts, does video editing, has high quality equipment, etc, I feel like the quality wouldn't be anywhere near as good as him. As for genuine anger, Poofesure is one of the best at that. I just can't picture myself getting that angry.
(6th November 2023, 12:35 AM)Mia Wrote: My main reluctance is because it wouldn't be genuine anger. Artifical anger can still be entertaining, as proven by AVGN. He writes scripts, does video editing, has high quality equipment, etc, I feel like the quality wouldn't be anywhere near as good as him. As for genuine anger, Poofesure is one of the best at that. I just can't picture myself getting that angry.

It sounded like genuine anger to me, when you got frustrated playing with the Crash Bandicoot games.
Never mispronounce Pokemon in front of Pokemon fans. 😂 @Uptight 534 Apparently Football players enjoy playing with Pokemon cards.

Although Rick pronounced it as "Pokeman" 😂

Seeing this makes me happy because I remember playing with Hotwheels as a 7 year old kid.

(6th November 2023, 9:33 AM)Different Wrote: It sounded like genuine anger to me, when you got frustrated playing with the Crash Bandicoot games.

It was, but I don't get that angry anymore
Been playing magic the gathering more and more, really fun to pick out silly/cool monsters to make jank decks with
[Image: 7yFzNKY.png]
(6th November 2023, 9:33 AM)Different Wrote: Never mispronounce Pokemon in front of Pokemon fans. 😂 @Uptight 534 Apparently Football players enjoy playing with Pokemon cards.

It seems Williams is a fan of anime in general, since he is wearing a Naruto jacket/hoodie and a headband. You would be surprised at the amount of people that like anime. 

With the mispronunciation, I have had people tell me the way he said it (Poe-Kee-Mon) is incorrect and the proper pronunciation is Poe-Kuh-Mon. Looking it up, the most correct English pronunciation may be Poe-Kay-Mon.
[Image: 6a00d8341c145e53ef011570b037d5970c-pi]
(6th November 2023, 5:32 PM)Uptight 534 Wrote: It seems Williams is a fan of anime in general, since he is wearing a Naruto jacket/hoodie and a headband. You would be surprised at the amount of people that like anime. 

With the mispronunciation, I have had people tell me the way he said it (Poe-Kee-Mon) is incorrect and the proper pronunciation is Poe-Kuh-Mon. Looking it up, the most correct English pronunciation may be Poe-Kay-Mon.

I'm an anime fan, myself. I used to go to comic con conventions with my buddies a few years ago. I've always thought that Pokemon was pronounced Poe-Kee-Mon. But, I have heard the Pokemon TV shows say "Poe-Kay-Mon", so maybe that's the correct pronunciation.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Uptight 534
My mom still pronounces Super Mario as Mary-o
Even if you correct her 50 times, she will call him Mary-o a week later