🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥
(7th January 2024, 5:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: Despite falling into STEM, art is what I've always cared most about. I've never been super amazing at things like drawing, modelling and animation though, and I've desperately wanted to learn how to compose music (I persistently try, but of course music is one of the more abstract forms of art I think). That being said, I don't think it bothers me that much... even if I'm objectively quite a bad artist, I have enough skill to be able to express myself. That, along with the opportunity to actually express myself this way, is I think all I could ever ask for.

So I don't really care about having gifts or talents. I just want to be able to create things from the heart.

Art isn't one of my strong suits, either, so you're not alone in this. This is why I've put off releasing the Aftermath hat because my imagination skills (when it comes to drawing) are quite limited. My imagination is greater in other, creative areas when it comes to expressing ideas. If you're truly passionate about something, then your ideas will flow, naturally because it came from the heart.

(7th January 2024, 7:24 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I really struggle with developing the (few) musical ideas that I have, so most of what I do ends up being really short melodies. One day I'd like to be able to write stuff that's good. Two composers in particular that I'm really inspired by are Yasunori Nishiki (known for the Octopath Traveller OST) and wintermute (relatively obscure vocaloid producer).

I think I'm also held back a bit by not knowing how to play any instruments. I plan to buy a keyboard when possible and start learning, hopefully that'll happen some time this year.

As someone who is gifted in creating music, the best thing that I can tell you is to always train your ears. When you repeatedly listen to your favorite song, you're constantly pounding the melody and chords in your subconscious mind. Writing melodies is like learning how to create a game from scratch - You learn what tools you need, you test yourself to see where your strengths and weaknesses are, you develop a plan to dominate those weaknesses, then you come to a conclusion.

So, with music, it's better to grow accustomed to your favorite genre, gradually play along with your favorite song, listen to a bunch of songs on Spotify for creative ideas, and lastly it doesn't hurt to Google chord charts, scales and keys. I used to struggle with chords all the time, but now I'm pretty good at them.

Start off by playing the piano, it's the easiest instrument to play in the world. Don't worry about reading notes, just follow along with your favorite song. Here's an example, below.

(7th January 2024, 7:45 AM)~JBG~ Wrote: I feel you, I struggle with the same thing, I've got a bunch of short snippets of songs scattered everywhere on my pc.

Me, too. I can't even begin to tell you how many unfinished songs that I have on my DAW in FL Studio 21. Take baby steps and approach your weaknesses by breaking them down into chunks. A lot of times, we get songwriter's block because we're uncertain of how the verse, chorus, and bridge should turn out.

I think you might like this song, below.

The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Different For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_

Messages In This Thread
RE: 🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥 - by Different - 7th January 2024, 8:40 AM