🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥
(8th January 2024, 3:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: The next is my first (and so far only) attempt at modelling and rigging a humanoid. I've wanted to get into VTuber stuff, but I figured that if I jumped straight into modelling the character I wanted to use I'd probably make a lot of stupid mistakes, so I made a model of an older OC instead to learn with. I actually did end up learning a lot from it, since the face for this model is almost "unrigable".

[Image: Fz3pq5FaIAEJ4CT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

The things I like to draw tend to be some mix of cute and creepy. I don't really care much for realism, which is probably good since I don't think I could do it if I tried!

Personally, I think this image is the best artwork that I've seen out of the three. It tells me that you've improved your craft and learned from your mistakes over the years. Normally when I do my research on anime characters, for some reason I get a lot of images from the Deviantart, website. I guess that's a popular website where people can truly express their designs if you know what I mean. But yeah, man, the model looks like something that I would normally see in an anime cartoon.

It's pretty decent, just a small, imperfect indication regarding the hair overlapping the left eye.

(8th January 2024, 3:09 AM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: Thank you for the advice! I think the main thing with music is that, as I mentioned before, it's very abstract.

Even among the arts music is particularly abstract. If I want to draw something, I can describe what I intend the picture to depict, and that gives me something very tangible to work towards. If I want to compose music, well... I can't really say anything. Maybe I can say I want to compose a melancholy organ piece, for instance, but this is no more helpful than saying I want to create a melancholy oil painting. It can inspire the tools (instruments) and perhaps even the colour palette (key / chord progressions), but by itself it's almost a totally useless description.

Of course other arts can be abstract too - abstract paintings and abstract poetry exist, for instance - but yeah. It's sort of hard to describe why I struggle with music so much compared to other mediums, but maybe this gives some idea. I think I might also just currently lack the imagination to write really good music.

Well, it's like I've said before: Music is all about telling a story. Yes, it's very abstract, but at the same time, it was never meant to be tangible. Primarily this is because it was meant for you to improve your listening skills. For instance, you can hear hundreds of things within your environment that surround you. Then you go and tell the story based on what you thought those things were, where were you when they happened, and how did they affect you, emotionally.

Another example: Ultimately, with music, you're telling everyone, 'Hey, I just had the best day of my life because X offered me a job doing computer art earning six figures a year'. So, what you can do is express your emotions musically, by describing how you felt about getting a job making six figures a year doing computer art. So, this is the song that everyone can relate to, when you're expressing blissful emotions.

Pay attention to how uplifting the melody sounds, how the chords sound blissful, and how the bass is very uplifting as well. Notice he's telling a story about current or past circumstances of him being happy.

THIS site is a good place for you to start learning how emotions and storytelling coordinate with music through piano keys (the easiest instrument to play in the world). Struggling with chords?... HERE you go.

Let me know if you need any more further, clarification.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥 - by Different - 8th January 2024, 11:05 AM