🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥
(9th January 2024, 2:34 PM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I think the subject matter of what I like to draw is cringey / not very appealing to most so I can understand not wanting to look at it much (especially since it's kind of amateur), so maybe I can save you the trouble and elaborate on what I mean with words.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a strong interest for artwork that’s disturbing in a strange sort of way. I used to draw things that would be considered very disturbing to most people. It really depends on who your audience is that you’re showing these off too. The same thing can be said about cartoons. THIS cartoon got taken down because of copyright issues around “What’s up, doc?”.

I used to watch a lot of MeatCanyon on YouTube. It’s incredibly disturbing, but it’s unique in a strange sort of way because it’s his own version of cartoons.

(9th January 2024, 2:34 PM)Delphinoid_ Wrote: I also never use any references, ever, and I think it probably hurts my ability. It's not necessarily out of stubbornness, I've just never really been able to find helpful references for things I've wanted to draw. I think the only time I've used a reference was when I did that 3D model I showed. But my reference for that was a 2D character design sheet that I did... without a reference.

One thing that I guess should say though that like... for various reasons I don't get much of an opportunity to spend time on my hobbies these days (in the context of drawing this means only sitting down once or twice a year to draw for example, really bad I know). When I do draw I end up spending only a short amount of time on line art and then never finish it, as is evident from the pictures I showed (since by the time I return to it I'm bored of the idea and want to do something new). Between those pictures I probably only did a handful of drawings, which were also incomplete sketches.

References are your friend. It's what allows you to stay inspired by new forms of art so that your mind won't develop artist's block. Use Pinterest as your avenue of inspiration. Their algorithm is pretty damn good at picking up on what your interests are. For example, I've just gotten really engrossed into the Japanese art culture. They just kept on sending me an abundance of different, Japanese artwork. Some of them were AI generated, some were paintings, and some were sketches. Here's an example of mine, below:

[Image: WaNukeH.jpg]

On the other hand, you just need to discipline yourself and make time to work on and finish the things that you love to do. Break the drawing projects into small chunks if you think you don't have time to finish them in one day. Keep a daily planner on your pc and look for intervals that allow you to spend time working on these drawings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥 - by Different - 11th January 2024, 4:45 AM