🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥
i wish i had some solid pictures to post here that wouldn't get me 🅱️eleted off the face of this forum. my main source of income nowadays is from a particular form of art commissions, which is the bulk of what I draw, though obviously I draw all the time as a hobby. 

jiggmin is one of my many inspirations (though my heart goes mostly to edmund mcmillen's line of work). those I admire most are those who are adept at all the skills at authoring video games. jiggmin is (was?) a programmer, artist and composer, all skills I would like to work on.

i wish i had much of my old original JV-era art saved. if I did it'd be on a busted old laptop which was misplaced long ago. much of it was embarrassing hand-drawn art of the various OCs I had at that point, of that ninja-terrorist or of that plunger dude. playerz, the silent artist, tank titanium, mr. black and mr. white, those fellas...honestly, I'd say those guys were inspirations as well. i made ms paint doodles in an attempt to fit in, to embrace that artistic side, to try and be like them. that and my silly little forum games I ran (and then aborted), no matter how utter gutter-trash they were, they were steps on my artistic journey. guess i can thank all those people and some people from school i went with. i guess i learned to draw out of envy and spite!

i've saved the mass of my art since 2017, though as I've said I wish I had art from earlier on, because it's always nice to reflect on how far you've come. i mean i'd like to think I've improved, enough to make a minor living (even if what I produce is pretty taboo), 

here's a character I designed for something. i've never been wholly set on her design, though.

[Image: XhpZcuz.jpg]

i tend to make hobbyist art for a functional purpose, i.e., for games and the like, rather than mere eyecandy. a project i'm working on is a mod of one of my favorite games, the binding of isaac rebirth, to give some of its textures a little kick of soulfulness. i like to work in a variety of different artstyles to push my skills further in a lot of directions.

[Image: bJ11OwY.gif]

i always like to push myself with my art and try new things, though i think i still have a lot of improvement to make. my anatomy isn't so hot and some of my gestures are stiff. i also tend to struggle with backgrounds and locations in contrast to characters.

while i am capable-ish at programming (in one language with one framework) and capable-ish at drawing (...certain things), my composing skills are seriously lacking. i don't know how those musicians do it, it's like an alien world, i tell you hwhat. i try sometimes though.

of course combining all of these skills for the ultimate purpose of making games I have done, but not to a satisfactory degree. i did post about my clone of Orbit, one of Jiggmin's old games, and I can safely say THAT is a finished thing you can play, but it's basic and derivative. i did also have that aborted platform racing clone but that was, again, basic and derivative. someday I'll make something cool! i hope!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Delphinoid_

Messages In This Thread
RE: 🔥💥☄️⚡️ULTRA GIFTS⚡️☄️💥🔥 - by Northadox - 12th January 2024, 4:02 PM