Poll: What do you consider the ultimate level of disrespecting somebody?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Spitting in somebody’s face
0%
0 0%
Slapping somebody in the face
0%
0 0%
Shoving somebody in the face
0%
0 0%
Sexually harassing somebody
0%
0 0%
Sleeping with somebody’s significant other
0%
0 0%
Blatantly disrespecting somebody
0%
0 0%
Insulting somebody’s mother
0%
0 0%
I have other things that I consider to be disrespectful.
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

THE DISRESPECT
(17th February 2024, 9:24 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: That won't happen. If you match their energy, you're just lowering yourself to their level and they will feel less bad about disrespecting you.

Kind of like in the thread about corporal punishment, people are more likely to respect you if you show them that you are someone who deserves respect. Why would they want to respect you if you yell back at them and tell them that they're wrong for acting the way they did? Show them respect and they will feel worse when they don't return the favor.

Another reason why matching their energy won't work is because it didn't work on you. If getting aggressive and confrontational shows that they're "not playing any games", then why didn't you back down? It seems like it just makes things worse.

I hear you, and I understand what you're saying, but there's a problem here. Basically, you're saying that everyone is more likely to respect you if you prove to them that you're worthy of respect. Unfortunately, that doesn't work on everybody. You can calmly and politely call them out on their disrespectful tactics. But the problem is that this strategy doesn't work on everybody because everyone is different.

If you play the nice guy card, and they don't hear you, then that's when you raise your voice at them at least. Otherwise they're going to continue to disrespect you and push you around. There are just some people in this world that you have to get aggressive with and raise your voice at them. I'm not saying throw the first punch, I'm saying don't get pushed around. Over here in America, it's different I'm telling you. People are very disrespectful over here. Also, you can't tell me it won't work unless you try it.

(17th February 2024, 9:24 PM)Master Raiden Wrote: And what if both people think the same way? You're just going to end up with two people trying to overpower each other. What is the result you are trying to achieve with this?

Same situation with getting into a fight with somebody. You just duke it out until somebody wins. Don't ever be perceived as the weak individual who just avoids confrontation because sooner or later, somebody else is going to challenge you as well.

Messages In This Thread
THE DISRESPECT - by Different - 14th February 2024, 6:11 AM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Overbeing - 15th February 2024, 12:56 AM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Different - 15th February 2024, 10:45 AM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Overbeing - 15th February 2024, 5:34 PM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Delphinoid_ - 16th February 2024, 8:20 AM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Different - 16th February 2024, 4:43 PM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Delphinoid_ - 16th February 2024, 8:07 PM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Different - 17th February 2024, 2:57 PM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Master Raiden - 17th February 2024, 9:24 PM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Different - 18th February 2024, 1:44 AM
RE: THE DISRESPECT - by Delphinoid_ - 17th February 2024, 10:58 PM