Stop Killing Games
Youtuber Ross Scott (Accursed Farms) is starting a campaign against the practice of the termination of service of online-only games that run off a centralized server, rendering purchased games that use this practice entirely useless and effectively lost media. This is piggybacking off the shutdown of Ubisoft's The Crew, an online-only racing game that was recently shut down.

The campaign is requesting that once games of these type end official service, to offer means for communities to reestablish the means to play them (i.e., through released server binaries, documentation, etc.) If you're curious about what all of this means and what the campaign is aiming for, check out the FAQ featured on the website.

If you're a citizen in Canada, Australia, Brazil, the UK, or the EU (specifically France and Germany), you likely can take action on this, once the petitions for the respective countries open up. If you bought The Crew, even better. I'll keep this thread updated if there's any news concerning it.

I figured I should bring this campaign to the attention of this community given its multinational userbase, and how the desire to "preserve" games is strong among it (with the bulk of Jiggmin's old titles all being playable nowadays).

If you care about game preservation, you should pay attention to this campaign, and spread the word to anyone who can take action!
[Image: aGf8Xvh.png]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northadox For This Useful Post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Delphinoid_

Messages In This Thread
Stop Killing Games - by Northadox - 6th April 2024, 11:18 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by LCPD - 8th April 2024, 8:00 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Northadox - 8th April 2024, 9:14 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Delphinoid_ - 9th April 2024, 12:31 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Northadox - 9th April 2024, 9:47 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Delphinoid_ - 10th April 2024, 1:42 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Northadox - 10th April 2024, 11:07 AM
RE: Stop Killing Games - by Delphinoid_ - 11th April 2024, 12:19 AM