Poll: How do you respond to employers refusing to hire Gen Z’s?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
So what? I’m still going to suck it up and fill out job applications online.
0%
0 0%
Tell them to kiss my ass and go job hunting anyway.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I’m a Gen Z, and I got hired. So the old heads need to shut up and sit down some where.
0%
0 0%
Throwing my resume into the garbage because of my age is pathetic. I’ll keep looking for a job until someone appreciates me.
0%
0 0%
I find that highly offensive and absurd. You shouldn’t place stereotypical traits about a generation based on their age alone. Age is just a number.
0%
0 0%
I agree with some viewpoints from the article, and I also disagree with some viewpoints.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I can see why Gen Z’s aren’t getting hired. They’re lazy bums who don’t want to work.
0%
0 0%
These Gen Z kids are lost, bro. Personally, I wouldn’t hire them either.
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩
[Image: gbR3WW6.jpeg]

I came across an interesting article talking about how employers refuse to hire Gen Z candidates from ages 12-27 (1997-2012). There are many more out there, but I figured I'd choose this one and gather you guys' thoughts and perspectives on this because most of you are Gen Zs. Do you find this article offensive, stereotypical, discriminatory, or what?

Mainly, they argue that Gen Z's are lackadaisical job drifters who demand more money than what they're qualified for. AGE seems to be a large factor here, and to me, it seems like they're making a determination about you guys potentially having a poor work-ethic and lack of experience based on your AGE alone. So basically, the skills and experience on your resume could be really impressive but will end up being overlooked and thrown into the trash based on your AGE alone.

While some employers disagree, others do not.

Key points from the article:

🚩"By scrutinizing education and work history timelines, employers may inadvertently introduce bias based on age, rather than focusing on the candidate's qualifications and suitability for the role."

🚩"Gen Zers, who are between the ages of 12 and 27, often don't have many ways around this obstacle."

🚩"Nearly 80 percent of hiring managers said they worried about Gen Z's lack of experience as a younger generation."

🚩"58 percent were worried about the generation's unprofessional attitude, and 63 percent expressed concern that they were known to job hop."

🚩"In the survey of 1,000 hiring managers, 42 percent admitted to considering age when reviewing applications. On both sides of the equation, being Gen Z or being a senior could cause your resume to be thrown into the trash."

So yeah, I'd love to hear what you guys (Gen Z's) think about this article because it seems to drive a large wedge between your chances of getting hired by employers (who are probably old heads). A lot of the old heads seem to think that people under 30 are just kids who have bad attitudes and don't want to work because they're lackadaisical job drifters. If you guys find that offensive, speak up and tell us why.

Don't hold anything back, and please don't shoot the messenger here. I'm just telling you all what I know and what I hear often. I'm going to listen to what you guys have to say and try to remain unbiased here.

Messages In This Thread
🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 1st May 2024, 12:15 AM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Levente77 - 1st May 2024, 5:26 AM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 1st May 2024, 1:21 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Overbeing - 1st May 2024, 3:57 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by LCPD - 1st May 2024, 4:36 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 2nd May 2024, 8:57 AM