Poll: How do you respond to employers refusing to hire Gen Z’s?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
So what? I’m still going to suck it up and fill out job applications online.
0%
0 0%
Tell them to kiss my ass and go job hunting anyway.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I’m a Gen Z, and I got hired. So the old heads need to shut up and sit down some where.
0%
0 0%
Throwing my resume into the garbage because of my age is pathetic. I’ll keep looking for a job until someone appreciates me.
0%
0 0%
I find that highly offensive and absurd. You shouldn’t place stereotypical traits about a generation based on their age alone. Age is just a number.
0%
0 0%
I agree with some viewpoints from the article, and I also disagree with some viewpoints.
50.00%
1 50.00%
I can see why Gen Z’s aren’t getting hired. They’re lazy bums who don’t want to work.
0%
0 0%
These Gen Z kids are lost, bro. Personally, I wouldn’t hire them either.
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩
In terms of the article and points, I agree with @Overbeing and that I have seen copy and pasting with previous generations. I have seen those points made against us Millennials not too long ago.

As someone who has dealt with the "Zoomer" as co-workers and customers. I will note the things I have observed with Zoomers.

*I have noticed that their socially ineptitude. I have encountered a lot of awkward situations in which I would call up a customer and they would come to my desk and stand their mute. I am not a mind reader and I need something to continue their transaction, 9 out 10 times, I have found them just look towards their parents for help. This can also be applied in situations where they cannot read the room and behave in a manner that is not helpful to the objective, such as disrespecting executive members. I could say that this could boil down to the iPad generation and the pandemic did not help the situation.

*Easily influenced by social media and their bubble. This one is kind of troubling as they tend to believe whatever is posted in social media or in other words just take these posts at face value with little to no independent research. It is wild the amount of claims that go viral can be easily debunked or missing context.

*Sensibilities. This is something I am working on with my Zoomer coworkers. This is something that could be considered coddling them as you have to phrase things in certain ways so they don't become offended or have a break down. Even in the process of writing them up, I usually have someone else with me just in case things head south. I can say this is probably due to helicopter parenting and always having to baby them. My friend recently interviewed an applicant who brought their parents to the interview. It is not a good look.

I just want to say I do not have ill will towards the Zoomers, its part of growing up and finding their way in the world we live in. When I entered the work force, is completely different to them entering the work force.

Lastly, discriminating on the basis on age is still ILLEGAL on Federal and State Levels. (Though the caveat is that young age discrimination is less of a priority for the agencies than discrimination of older workers).
[Image: GUEST_d27f3cc4-4884-4e3b-8c1c-a7d95aa028...&fmt=pjpeg]
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to LCPD For This Useful Post:
  â€¢ Different

Messages In This Thread
🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 1st May 2024, 12:15 AM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Levente77 - 1st May 2024, 5:26 AM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 1st May 2024, 1:21 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Overbeing - 1st May 2024, 3:57 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by LCPD - 1st May 2024, 4:36 PM
RE: 🚩GEN Z WORKERS 🚩 - by Different - 2nd May 2024, 8:57 AM