opinions on the current state of pr2
(6th June 2019, 5:11 PM)Saurus Wrote: Am I seriously the only one who thinks that some of the additions to the game this past year have been absolutely atrocious and pointless? 

First off I actually want to thank you for speaking up about current state of pr2 in a pretty civil manner. There has been lots of people who have disliked the updates and staff activities, and have "flamed" the mods and admins on discord and such, spreading hate more so than anything. And usually they get banned or some sort. As a result, many of my friends who have once played pr2 have quit after being banned/following the lead of others who have also quit. 

But yea, I also agree that some of the latest additions to this game were pretty controversial. If this occurred only a few times, I think pr2 would not be in the state it is in. However, there were enough controversial updates that they would sometimes overshadow the good updates. 

For example, here are some controversial updates/things (this is very opinionated so yea): 
  • Changing the size of text (its larger than before, and it made a lot of levels seem a bit off)
  • Changing the undo/redo button for placing players in a block (luckily there were other methods to do place players in a block besides the default "mapleleaf" method)
  • Blocking pr2 from being played from non-approved locations (this prevents naxxol, the advanced level editor, from working, and lots of team sites)
  • Right clicking for quality low/zooming in (luckily this still be done by clicking settings after right clicking, then right clicking again for the familiar menu to appear, tedious though)
  • Error: Slow down a bit, yo. (maybe prevents botting, but controversial tradeoff)
  • Fixing that account deletion script
  • Fixing cowboy+speed burst (not really fixed, but before if you hit an item block only once, you would be able to use speed burst just fine. If you help up under an item block, then you would have speed burst, and your acceleration would not 100, but would be the acceleration of your stats before you entered the level. Made a level with this mechanic before) 
  • Patching 200+ speed santa hat (idk was a cool glitch)
  • Making the code for newer pr2 levels incompatible with the tas (only affected 3 or 4 people so no biggie)
  • Patching the item glitch (well it does make luck tests ok again, but pretty bad for speedrunning. controversial tradeoff)
  • Changing how bubble set is awarded (although I do not really dislike this update, some people do)
  • Preventing too many levels from being published from the same ip
Some pointless/not really impactful updates (imo/in my opinion)
  • question mark next to the sets
  • changing the descriptions for awarded parts, and items
Good updates (imo)
  • moon hat
  • campaign tabs
  • new options menu
  • clickable links in chat and non-case sensitive commands
  • larger level editor
  • feels like there's more but can't really think of any atm
There has also been some controversial staff activities, especially regarding the pr2 banning system. People are easily warned these days, as there are more chat rules, and people get warned or banned if they break the chat rules regardless of the context. A lot of people that I know have been banned before (at least 70%), and I believe that if too people you know have been banned, there starts to be hate towards the mods and admins. 

Overall, imo, pr2 is in a mess, and its even tiring to talk about it. A primary reason I believe is that, sure the staff act for the betterment of pr2. However, forcing their good intentions upon others is a bad thing to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bi3liu For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, Northadox, Saurus

Messages In This Thread
opinions on the current state of pr2 - by Saurus - 6th June 2019, 5:11 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by Saurus - 6th June 2019, 5:16 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by gemj - 6th June 2019, 5:45 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by ~Bowl - 6th June 2019, 5:59 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by bi3liu - 6th June 2019, 11:36 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by bi3liu - 7th June 2019, 11:16 PM
RE: opinions on the current state of pr2 - by John m. - 18th June 2019, 4:18 PM