Why Do People Buy Jeans That Are Already "Faded"/Ripped?
I never really understood why so many people buy jeans that are "faded," &/or already ripped. I honestly never wear jeans (except for just about a month ago for the first time in at least 5+ years), but if I did, they definitely wouldn't be ripped/faded. I have these sweatpants that can also be shorts, & I love them, but they kinda faded, so when they're as sweatpants (they have a little zipper that you zip to the shorts, if you don't know what I'm talking about), there's definitely a noticeable difference in the color, which I think is kinda unfortunate. Enough about my "JNCO" sweatpants. I just think it's very frivolous to buy jeans that look like they've been used everyday for at least a full year. It's pretty funny how jeans that are already faded (& by "faded," I mean a cheap streak down the jeans to make it look it's been actually faded, even though it looks like someone accidentally spilled very cheap bleach very strategically over the legs), &/or ripped will usually cost more than new jeans. & same with "acid-washed" jeans. This might just be because I'm not from Canada, but I never really cared for them, but I still won't ever judge anyone for wearing them, though. I guess I can see why some people might think that they look cool, but I'd try to wear clothes that will look rather new. 
This is kinda irrelevant, but I just feel like I should share this. I think flared pants look amazing. Especially if they have a crease ironed in them. A woman wearing flared pants with a crease ironed into them might just be one of the prettiest, most beautiful, classiest things that I can think of, & I don't even know why/how. 
Honestly, I don't even know what I'm prattling about, anymore. 
I'll just get back to faded/ripped jeans. I'll sometimes see people who you know can afford the nicest pairs of pants have jeans that you would only expect to see on a homeless person, I just don't get it. I don't understand why so many people will call it a "fashion statement," especially when it's way too popular for it to be one. I really don't know why people would buy jeans that look just like 3rd-generation hand-me-downs. 
Sorry for this trivial diatribe, I just seem to prattle about the most inconsequential stuff when I'm bored.

Messages In This Thread
Why Do People Buy Jeans That Are Already "Faded"/Ripped? - by Erin - 6th December 2017, 5:50 AM