WIP Album Thoughts
Hi Dangevin!
It's great that you've been able to put such a big project to this advanced stage. It'll stay there as a mark of your teenagehood.
I'm not a composer myself so I'll just give you my opinion as a curious listener.
I thought the album was good, you put thought into structure, chord progressions, melodies, soundscapes and your rap is surprisingly pretty decent. I haven't paid too much attention to lyrics because 1) they're hard to understand for me as I'm French 2) they're hard to understand because the mixing doesn't bring them forward so much, sometimes 3) I don't usually bother listening to lyrics all that much anyway.
As you've said it's experimental, and as everything experimental, it's not easily accessible. Some tracks make one feel like he's inside your head which feels really weird.

Particular comments:

My favorite track is Youth, it ticks a lot of right boxes for me. In particular, the opening is catchy, and the instrumental works really well. The chorus could be improved I think, it doesn't sound very "clear" if that makes any sense. The ending was very abrupt. Also, while I do mean that the opening is catchy, it also gets a bit too complicated and I feel that you lose the listener by putting notes that seem far-stretched for him. I think you could keep it more simple.

On the track 'Echo', 46s, I think there's something weird in the harmony.

I thought your rap was best in Influence, which had some pretty intricate methods of mixing (which I know nothing about but acknowledge) that worked out well. I dislike the ending part though, I think I would have preferred it ending at 3:15. Then again, I don't really listen to lyrics; I'm sure you'd be unsatisfied with cutting it short at this moment.
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Campaigns | Ilraon For This Useful Post:
  • Dangevin

Messages In This Thread
WIP Album Thoughts - by Dangevin - 3rd March 2020, 4:38 AM
RE: WIP Album Thoughts - by Campaigns | Ilraon - 13th March 2020, 2:51 PM