corrections for the Historical References Guide
https://imgur.com/a/01GLIta

here's my screenshot collection from my old computer! there's a little bit of funny stuff as well as old names and moments. it's kinda interesting to see them all compiled together. i have a tiny bit more but they're nothing special, and one is more private so it has no reason to be posted publicly. i'm mainly just talking about a screenshot of two people that were upset that i was chosen as a temp mod over them one time. i get it though, i knew them both personally and maybe they had a rough day, maybe they were just really looking forward to it, who knows honestly. it doesn't matter anyway.

---

a bit of an addition to my wall of text is that especially after i got banned, i felt like i never really had a niche in the community. i'm no artist, i'm not a level maker, i'm good at the game but not great, i was kind of high ranked at the time but not the highest.... the best i had was getting along with everyone by way of being friendly. it helped me make my way towards being recognized and becoming a mod too. after things crashed down two months into being a mod it really sucked to lose everything here and get banned.

fortunately, i sort of redeemed myself after my community ban. i got into a minecraft community with several servers (for fun game modes) where mods were a necessity and very common (there were a LOT of them) and i even made it above the basic mod position there twice, in different years! it wasn't as high of a staff role as i had hoped but i was very satisfied and happy. i think being admin (or near admin, their staff ranks were complicated lol) can get way too technical anyways, and moderating is very overrated in itself. it was perfect for me because my position of being a "veteran mod" as they called it allowed me to set a good example for the other mods, and more importantly i enjoyed every moment of it all. i always had a great time, it was so much fun... but i digress. i don't mean to make being a mod sound like my sense of validation; i just wanted to be someone people looked up to. that doesn't even require being a staff member at all.

with all of that said, i got what i wished for and thankfully unlike when i was a kid in JV/PR2, both times i left that community, it was on a good note with simple resignations. in terms of here, i was allowed back into PR2 at first and started getting temp mod from time to time and i even ended up being a mod/admin in python's acid chat! back then that really helped me come to terms with my identity in the community, all thanks to him and the great members & memories of that chat! and a special thanks to the ever-forgiving jiggmin as well since he was the one who gave his approval to unban me on JV after a couple years too! Smile
The Following 1 User Says Thank You to Forseti For This Useful Post:
  • TRUC

Messages In This Thread
RE: corrections for the Historical References Guide - by Forseti - 20th May 2020, 3:52 PM