Kongregate Closing Game Submissions
(2nd July 2020, 1:20 AM)Northadox Wrote: I understand that Flash is going to be officially dropped at the end of 2020, but why the decision to drop game submission altogether to Kongregate? Game engines like Unity and the like do have web support, so I'm confused on why they want to close down further game submissions completely.
It's a damn shame that I won't be able to play hot new games and score badges because I've been doing that since 2011 - it was my go-to web game site and it's a damn shame I won't be able to do that any more (although I don't play Flash games too too often any more, and it seems idle games are forever ubiquitous nowadays).
Reading the forums, it seems this decision was done by Kongregate's parent company (now "MTG", no longer GameStop since 2017) and Flash games being generally unprofitable to maintain on the site, and to push Kartridge further.
Regardless, a true shame.

Bingo, I think they closed submissions on Kong in hopes of pushing Kartridge.

I post about the latest site updates on the Dev Log. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.
@Eternal and I pay for this site out of our own savings. Please consider donating to help keep Jiggmin's Village running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bls1999 For This Useful Post:
  • gemj, new bat pr2, Northadox

Messages In This Thread
Kongregate Closing Game Submissions - by tadtad - 1st July 2020, 5:03 PM
RE: Kongregate Closing Game Submissions - by bls1999 - 1st July 2020, 5:48 PM
RE: Kongregate Closing Game Submissions - by Mia - 1st July 2020, 6:30 PM
RE: Kongregate Closing Game Submissions - by gemj - 2nd July 2020, 6:29 PM
RE: Kongregate Closing Game Submissions - by bls1999 - 2nd July 2020, 1:58 PM